Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Health and loss.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
We've heard of the sad losses of two posters in the past few days. Fortunately there were other members who were able to let the forum know. I also think back to cookey, and others too.
In addition there have been concerns over another poster, kennyB, who seems to have stopped visiting MM, but was known to be elderly and in poor health.
It just made me think... I know that there are webs of contacts within the forum, and in many cases the ability will already be there, but would you consider making it possible for someone to let us know if you become unwell, or something suddenly happens?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Got me thinking two, for a lot of us we use this place to connect to other Wolves fans throughout the day nearly every day for most. Have been on a forum (original mailing list) doing this now for nearly 25 years (quarter of a century!), we're all getting older and inevitably with the passing of time we have to say a sad goodbye to people who we've "spoken" with but never met.

I have relatives and friends on here, as well, I guess, people I know in the real world that inhabit this forum but neither of us have a clue that we both post on this forum! I've stood in pubs listening to groups talking about the Mix, but never announced myself. Maybe we need a special Mix badge or sign for our secret society.

I can't help wonder who these guys are and whether I've met them, it's a strange feeling.

My lad is a member of this board, not going to out him though. He'll no doubt let you know of my behalf if I can't.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is very good advice. After I was taken poorly last year, I gave my real name and contact number to two fine upstanding members on here. I did this on the advice of Mutchy, and I think it’s a good idea, so if there are concerns, people can check on our health. I would recommend others doing the same.

Like others, I am saddened by the passing of the two members on here. May they rest in peace.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is an interesting question. I am only in my late 50's so hopefully I have a few more years on the Mix. But neither my wife, daughter or son would have a clue how to let the Mix know of my passing.

Come to think of it, I only know about 5 people so my wife would only need a couple packs of sandwiches for the wake :(

Seriously though, I does make you think more about your digital identities. I use LastPass to store all my accounts and passwords, but I bet my wife would struggle to access it.

My son is extremely technical, but lives in Scotland. I am sure he is on the autistic scale so he doesn't say a lot - think of the film "The Accountant" with Ben Affleck (but without the guns). I am going to have to say to him to log on and tell everyone - lets hope its a few decades!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outside of posting I am not in contact with any on here but have met quite a few over the years. As and when I stop posting no one would know why...is that sad..? Not sure really. Perhaps I ought to ask my wife to start an account if I snuff it so she can let you know? I would probably be missed as much as herpes though... ;)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read this. My wife knows about the Mix but would not know my name on here or how to access the site. I was banned for some time on here last season; I don't think anyone knew I wasn't here! I think I should tell my wife as if I snuff it there will be a vacancy on here for an old, whinging ******* to take my place.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read this. My wife knows about the Mix but would not know my name on here or how to access the site. I was banned for some time on here last season; I don't think anyone knew I wasn't here! I think I should tell my wife as if I snuff it there will be a vacancy on here for an old, whinging ******* to take my place.
You’re truly irreplaceable

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have an apprentice already on here who is shaping up quite nicely to take your place. :D

I won't name them. ;)

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I have been thinking the same ever since KennyB stopped posting, the only way you would know if I was no longer her is if u private messaged me as it is connected to our joint email address, my hubby may eventually respond :)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been thinking the same ever since KennyB stopped posting, the only way you would know if I was no longer her is if u private messaged me as it is connected to our joint email address, my hubby may eventually respond :)
Just been giving this some thought. Tbh there are so many hundreds of posters on here I think it would be unrealistic to think that people may notice if one person had not posted in a while; perhaps I'm wrong? For example I didn't notice that Kenny B had not posted for some time. Also an absence on here may be nothing to do with health or age but could be due to a million different things. I suppose many posters on here will actually know one another from going to games so it would be natural to look out for those posters. For me I know just a handful of Mixers personally but none too well. I know, because I usually like their posts, the few Mixers I would miss (and be perhaps concerned) if they stopped posting. I don't want embarrass anybody but I would miss Tring (because he just seems like such a nice, sensible, calm bloke), BSK (because he has a memory of Wolves going right back which is amazing), Contrarian (because he often is on my wavelength) and finally WolfLing ( because he posts detailed, in depth stuff which I find really interesting).

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent……well done both of you.
It's a fantastic sport, and here we some beautiful Ontario countryside to ride, no huge mountains but some very challenging escarpment climbs. Google Sydenham hill, locally known as Clara's Climb, in recognition of Clara Hughes, Canada's Olympian who trained on Sydenham doing hill repeats.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been giving this some thought. Tbh there are so many hundreds of posters on here I think it would be unrealistic to think that people may notice if one person had not posted in a while; perhaps I'm wrong? For example I didn't notice that Kenny B had not posted for some time. Also an absence on here may be nothing to do with health or age but could be due to a million different things. I suppose many posters on here will actually know one another from going to games so it would be natural to look out for those posters. For me I know just a handful of Mixers personally but none too well. I know, because I usually like their posts, the few Mixers I would miss (and be perhaps concerned) if they stopped posting. I don't want embarrass anybody but I would miss Tring (because he just seems like such a nice, sensible, calm bloke), BSK (because he has a memory of Wolves going right back which is amazing), Contrarian (because he often is on my wavelength) and finally WolfLing ( because he posts detailed, in depth stuff which I find really interesting).
Glad someone would miss me! And it's mutual mate --- I think you talk a lot of sense and get a lot of grief from the know-alls on here who seem to have picked you out as a bullying target. Keep going mate!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's one of my memories. Today, 16 September, is the 64th anniversary of Wolves beating Fulham 9-0 at Molineux, which is still Wolves' biggest post-war league win. Scorers: Deeley 4, Broadbent, Murray, Mason, Flowers, Clamp. Attendance over 41,000 (from memory). Beautiful late summer evening. Wolves were unplayable, clapped off at the end by Fulham because told to do so by Fulham captain Jimmy Langley. Those were the days my friend! Repeat today against the Scousers please!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's one of my memories. Today, 16 September, is the 64th anniversary of Wolves beating Fulham 9-0 at Molineux, which is still Wolves' biggest post-war league win. Scorers: Deeley 4, Broadbent, Murray, Mason, Flowers, Clamp. Attendance over 41,000 (from memory). Beautiful late summer evening. Wolves were unplayable, clapped off at the end by Fulham because told to do so by Fulham captain Jimmy Langley. Those were the days my friend! Repeat today against the Scousers please!
Never IMV will we see their like again as a group of astonishingly talented players who played as a team.

That's one of the things I love about this forum, the age range and memories from the old fogeys like you and I through to the kids who, when going upstairs, can remember when they get there why they went up in the first place.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have written down the E-mails of a couple of people from here for my daughters. They have instructions to send messages should something happen.

After a brain issue recently, I’m in good health and spend a lot of time wandering the fields with Abi and sometimes the hounds (really lazy hounds, who avoid warm weather and rainy weather) . Good exercise for everyone. So hopefully those E-mails won’t be needed for a while.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Several Mixers have sadly left us in recent times .Most are only known by their monikers and most of us are obvious to their real names ,their health status or even how they are mentally.Yes we have arguments but at the end of the day the Mix is a release valve to speak to people you would never recognise in the street.Mutchy mentioned Cookey who was someone I knew well at work .He was affable and fundamentally a Wolves fan through and through .

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is very correct.

Also there is a radio advert about people in what's app groups and not hearing off them for a while, I strangely text a friend who I hadn't heard off for a while in the group and he was struggling. So I guess it's not just illness and death this site can also help people deal with daily issues.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As per concern raised in the OT forum roll call thread, does anyone have contact with @1972 i began and know if he's okay
Not seen him at any away games this season, that’s not to say he hasn’t been going but I used to see him at most games
He normally travels with Cannock Wolves so if there is anyone on here who also travels or who knows anyone that travels with them with them they many be able to shed some light on him

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@kennyB is one of the older posters on here, I know he has been in poorly health, I don’t know if anybody on here has contact with him.
Hopefully he was able to see us beat Man City as his home is in Manchester.

Back
Top Bottom