Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Fosun lost the fans?

Have Fosun lost the fans?

• Yes

Votes: 283 83.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 39 11.5%

• Total voters

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have lost me.

Genuine question, when was the last time Jeff Shi & Co made a good decision?

They accidentally hired Lopetegui at the third time of asking after badgering him whilst he was at his dad's bedside.

The last time they made a good decision first time? Probably the only time - hiring Nuno and his backroom staff and implementing a project.
Since then they've just bumbled along with no plan lurching from disaster to disaster every time they touch something.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
So ... would you prefer owners who back their manager when they disagree? News that West Ham seemed to have caved in to Moyes by going for 'experience' in Harry McGuire & James Ward-Prowse is perhaps evidence (a couple of free kicks a season) to say no.... Buying ageing 'has-beens' was a strategy that served us for a time years ago, but prefer to seek young talent.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think they’ve been losing them since the start of 3rd prem season

Things going really well to get Nuno, get us promoted an then 2 great seasons, since then it’s all been downhill
Finally looked like they may have got something right with Lopetegui, but no even that’s turned into a disaster

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels like those times under Morgan when he pulled the plug in KJs final year & us under Hoddle. Just pure apathy right now.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly, as football fans (edit: treated like) are mushrooms.

As we do not know all the facts we let our biases drive our opinions which is perfectly natural.

The question should be Have Fosun Lost YOU.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's really hard to lose the majority of the fan base at a football club.

Despite what people claim on here, we all actually do want what's best for Wolves. Whether it's spending money or time, or both, all year, we are all desperate for Wolves to win on a weekend.

That will give you so much grace with people. Look at Newcastle fans and the Saudi's, the sportswashing. It works, because people care so much about their clubs.

So, for 85% to say Fosun have lost the fans is quite incredible, especially what they've given us, but it shows just how bad they've been in terms of dealing with fans.

The continuous ticket price rises are unacceptable. It's pure greed and it's out of order.

The lying with the messages is also unacceptable. I think it's a mental illness, they just can't help but lie. Like why send out a supposed reassuring letter when you know Lopetegui is leaving. This happens too often for them to have the benefit of the doubt. When you're regularly told BS, you get angry, and that's what happens here.

There will be a myth among some that Wolves fans are entitled and deluded, and it may be the case for some.

However, Fosun have lost the majority of that 85% because they treat the fans like ****, from ticket prices to lying with communication.

The majority of fans would accept the money couldn't keep being spent. They would accept Lopetegui was acting up a bit if they went for the best possible replacement out there. They would accept we needed to reduce the wage bill.

But, once you reach this stage, it's done. How can you ever get back on board with an ownership that has exploited you like no other club in the country, and one that constantly sends mixed messages? You can't.

We're on a negative, downward spiral until we get sold. If it happens in a year, Fosun could leave a great legacy. But, if it goes on years and years, we don't have to look far to see what we will become.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
More spin from the E&S

This contains the notable quote from Moxey when Wolves were being sold to Fosun - “At the same time, they knew they (Fosun) could deal honestly with us, that we weren’t shysters who were going to move the goalposts as we went along."

"Moving the goalposts"!! Ringing hollow?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think so. But the longer Shi stays the worse that relationship between the ownership and the fans will get. Jeff has absolutely zero credit in the bank, and from what people are saying in group chats etc, if we get off to a poor start the fans will be coming for him, not O’Neil.
That's exactly what l expect. I remember how toxic things were in the Bhatti era. It won't take much for us to head rapidly in that direction.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They accidentally hired Lopetegui at the third time of asking after badgering him whilst he was at his dad's bedside.

The last time they made a good decision first time? Probably the only time - hiring Nuno and his backroom staff and implementing a project.
Since then they've just bumbled along with no plan lurching from disaster to disaster every time they touch something.
i have said before the club has no structure. its effectively run from china with Shi the single point of contact here. everyone else is a small time player. a club with ambition would have a proper executive team with characters who could drive it forward. we are run like a corner shop with one man making all the decisions. he cannot stand anyone with opinions. the track record is for people to be fired and replaced with yes people. this will ultimately fail. no business can thrive like that.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've supported Wolves since the mid 60s and stuck with it through thick and loads of thin but at 71, living 4 hours away, I think I've witnessed my last game at Molineux. I'm sad but there comes a time when other things are more important - family, costs, health and supporting Wolves has just become too draining. I'll follow the club from afar but this latest shambles, and that's exactly what it is, is a shambles too far for me.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought this was a good post. We are unhappy; owners, players and managers come and go.
It's really hard to lose the majority of the fan base at a football club.
I would disagree I think it is very easy as expectations run away; which is natural we believe we can win any game.

Despite what people claim on here, we all actually do want what's best for Wolves. Whether it's spending money or time, or both, all year, we are all desperate for Wolves to win on a weekend.
100%

That will give you so much grace with people. Look at Newcastle fans and the Saudi's, the sportswashing. It works, because people care so much about their clubs.
And when things go wrong that "borrowed" trust or turning a blind eye is laser fosused on resentment.
So, for 85% to say Fosun have lost the fans is quite incredible, especially what they've given us, but it shows just how bad they've been in terms of dealing with fans.

The continuous ticket price rises are unacceptable. It's pure greed and it's out of order.

The lying with the messages is also unacceptable. I think it's a mental illness, they just can't help but lie. Like why send out a supposed reassuring letter when you know Lopetegui is leaving. This happens too often for them to have the benefit of the doubt. When you're regularly told BS, you get angry, and that's what happens here.
I have re-read the letter. In no way does JS lie unless JS knew JL was not trying to prepare the squad to the best of JL's ability. This point needs to be strongly challenged as it appears FANS read in meaning that was not there; that is I think called "delusion"- maybe the "mental illness" we, as fans all suffer from. I am sure the original poster and I these words to make a point not to lessen very real, terrible mental illness people suffer from.
There will be a myth among some that Wolves fans are entitled and deluded, and it may be the case for some.

However, Fosun have lost the majority of that 85% because they treat the fans like ****, from ticket prices to lying with communication.
Unfortunately, prices will keep rising whilst tickets are in demand. It is the league not club, the monster must be fed.
The majority of fans would accept the money couldn't keep being spent. They would accept Lopetegui was acting up a bit if they went for the best possible replacement out there. They would accept we needed to reduce the wage bill.

But, once you reach this stage, it's done. How can you ever get back on board with an ownership that has exploited you like no other club in the country, and one that constantly sends mixed messages? You can't.

We're on a negative, downward spiral until we get sold. If it happens in a year, Fosun could leave a great legacy. But, if it goes on years and years, we don't have to look far to see what we will become.
If Fosun are actively trying to sell us they would not say so. The World when Fosun brought us is extremely different to the World now. Chinese companies will be falling over themselves to divest from the West if they have any sense.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
have they made mistakes and missed growth opportunities? - yes.
do we have FFP issues because they have lost over £100 million on us over 3 years? + more over a longer period - yes.

i still feel lucky to have them. glad for the money and memories they have provided.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
have they made mistakes and missed growth opportunities? - yes.
do we have FFP issues because they have lost over £100 million on us over 3 years? + more over a longer period - yes.

i still feel lucky to have them. glad for the money and memories they have provided.
However all the losses are probably down to poor management decisions, lots of them over 6 years. And still making them.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
However all the losses are probably down to poor management decisions, lots of them over 6 years. And still making them.
I agree though would we be happy or even where we are with an owner that spent no money and made no mistakes.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree though would we be happy or even where we are with an owner that spent no money and made no mistakes.
There is no real excuse for wasting millions some decisions indicate either incompetence, lack of football business knowledge or just arrogance.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've supported Wolves since the mid 60s and stuck with it through thick and loads of thin but at 71, living 4 hours away, I think I've witnessed my last game at Molineux. I'm sad but there comes a time when other things are more important - family, costs, health and supporting Wolves has just become too draining. I'll follow the club from afar but this latest shambles, and that's exactly what it is, is a shambles too far for me.
Regardless of who you are for the club ,or rather the owners, for the last 7 years to make a long standing fan feel like that is unforgivable.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am purely lost
Its watching the same mistakes we made years ago being presented but in super slow motion. I identified Lop last year as the only man to save us and if this was the outcome I would have rather we just went down without spending the further 100 million just for a PE teacher to take his job and do it for us.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've broken me, never felt so downhearted with Wolves even in our darkest days of the 80s.

The decision making by the owners will cost them even more money once relegated which which will hopefully see the back of them.

Back
Top Bottom