Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Fosun lost the fans?

Have Fosun lost the fans?

• Yes

Votes: 283 83.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 39 11.5%

• Total voters

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s starting to show cracks without doubt

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Not entirely yet but that will probably change in the morning by the looks

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans, I can't speak for... this fan, I most definitely can!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
And all it will take is a couple of wins in the first few games to change them right back.
I could see a couple of early wins, then as the season goes on that fades away as we lose the dressing room and molineux becomes a hostile or worse massively apathetic place.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could see a couple of early wins, then as the season goes on that fades away as we lose the dressing room and molineux becomes a hostile or worse massively apathetic place.
I think this team is incredibly talented. I don't see us struggling all that much.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I think this team is incredibly talented. I don't see us struggling all that much.
It shouldn't no, but if we play negative backs to the wall stuff it will lose the fans (not that they are probably with this) and the players.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It shouldn't no, but if we play negative backs to the wall stuff it will lose the fans (not that they are probably with this) and the players.
I think O'Neil will play a similar style to Nuno (counter attack) I'm not a fan, but we're used to that style.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the squad stands, I 100% agree.
I'll eat my own man vegetables, if we see out the remainder of the transfer window, with all of the squad still intact, though!
There will undoubtedly be more outgoings and any replacements will be of the free/cheap/inferior variety.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think O'Neil will play a similar style to Nuno (counter attack) I'm not a fan, but we're used to that style.
so we could do with 2 deep lying midfielders who can pick a pass, a centre back with decent distribution, two wide players with pace and a true number 9. Probably 5 at the back..

Time to dust that check book off again Fosun.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the squad stands, I 100% agree.
I'll eat my own man vegetables, if we see out the remainder of the transfer window, with all of the squad still intact, though!
There will undoubtedly be more outgoings and any replacements will be of the free/cheap/inferior variety.
I don't think there will be any meaningful outgoings.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they do end up freeing up a small chunk of change for the new manager. I also figured we'd bring in a couple of players closer to the end of the window.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As it currently stands they have lost me, doesn't mean they can't get me back though....they need to drop the save face routine and just be honest that the goal for near on 3 seasons now has not been about going up the ladder, it's about not dropping off it - covid, the geopolitical fallout and financial squeezes have all taken their toll on FOSUN.

Stop the charade that the plan is still on and FFP is in the way, it's nonsense and JL wasn't having any of it and most fans see straight through it too.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think there will be any meaningful outgoings.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they do end up freeing up a small chunk of change for the new manager. I also figured we'd bring in a couple of players closer to the end of the window.
I have nothing but admiration for your optimism, pal.
Maybe I'm far too much of a cynic, but I suspect things will get considerably worse before/if they get better.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Online, yes. I think the players/manager get applauded out on day one, but if we are embarrassed in the first two games, then I don't think we'll keep quiet in the stadium.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You did see the Bruno Lage era?

To answer the question, absolutely. The constant ticket price rises, poor communication, atrocious stadium maintenance and the appointment of another **** poor manager and enough is enough for me.

Reaction score
So difficult to gather thoughts at the moment as we are not fully aware yet of where this s*it show will end.
It's at a critical point at the moment and it will fracture if we sell Fabio and Matthaeus unless we buy Scott and Elvedi and even then results may destroy the relationship as I believe, coupled with the managerial change, it will make us a much weaker team.
I hope to god it never gets as toxic as it did when Morgan allowed us to drop to the 3rd division That was horrible.

We have no alternative but to support O'Neil until after the window has closed and we see what he does with his final squad.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have nothing but admiration for your optimism, pal.
Maybe I'm far too much of a cynic, but I suspect things will get considerably worse before/if they get better.
Well I hope for both our sakes that I'm right lol

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Maybe coady was right all along, things weren’t right last year, yet these ****wits have ploughed on, changed the tractor a few times and are now raking up some weeds.
No investment at all in the squad, doing nothing to keep a very good manager who saved you from relegation and replacing him with a nobody, wtf is going on? Your investment won’t keep its value if it’s in a lower tier with less income, you’ll be in **** street.
I feel sorry for every season ticket holder who has been hoodwinked into accepting increased prices as what’s on offer will be even more turgid than before.
New owners are needed, but these clowns won’t sell, unbelievable Geoff

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
I hope you’re right but we’ve all seen the evidence of what happens when players don’t buy into when an out of their depth coach (Lage) is in charge of coaching.

Fosun must really be financially up s.h.I.t, street if this is the gamble they are taking.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They lost me when they didn't sack Lage after his first season. Up until then I thought they actually had a plan. It's all been a charade. Frauds.

TBH really surprised they haven't sold the club. For a supposed shrewd investment conglomerate they certainly are gonna take a bath when Wolves are relegated.

Edmund Dantes

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not going to put this 100% on FOSUN but pretty much the entire situation with the entire world of football has got me a bit down. I've only done a little reading into the UEFA FFP rules but the financial stability rules that have gone into effect seem to directly benefit the teams who are already popular global brands. If you live outside the UK, you'll notice that big sports shops are selling PSG, Man City and Barcelona shirts and other apparel in large quantities. You won't see old gold kits. around.

There is also a firmly established caste system among the English football league. If Neves had a good match against Manchester United the response wan't "Wolves are becoming a good team". It was "Man United should buy him. He should go to a big club"

And don't even get me started with this Saudi League situation.

I've started a growing interest in lower leagues lately. I don't need to see back-heel flicks or anything to enjoy a football match.

Edit: Sorry for the long rant. And yes, FOSUN have proved they are pretty inept at running a football club.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been a massive backer of theirs since day one, but I'm done. For a group of their ability in terms of making money to let us fall into a state where we can't even afford a transfer fee despite selling a load of players for a fortune is just terrible mismanagement. We have lost a quality coach and there is just disillusionment all over the place.

Last edited:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been a massive backer of theirs since day one, but I'm done. For a group of their ability in terms of making money to let us fill into a state where we can't even afford a transfer fee despite selling a load of players for a fortune is just terrible mismanagement. We have lost a quality coach and there is just disillusionment all over the place.
I share these sentiments. Massive faux pas this time around and I think everyone just feels defeated before the season even starts.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been a massive backer of theirs since day one, but I'm done. For a group of their ability in terms of making money to let us fill into a state where we can't even afford a transfer fee despite selling a load of players for a fortune is just terrible mismanagement. We have lost a quality coach and there is just disillusionment all over the place.
I got to that place a little before you from a very similar starting point.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lost me when their apathy and refusal to back Nuno just before covid.

The fact they didn’t really strengthen after the second straight seventh place to me spoke volumes about their actual ambitions for the club actually not being about the football and us being a PR and chance to create fashion and leisure brands with less risk that didn’t exist in their portfolio already.

Their bad planning and not adequately replacing Jota and Doherty started my alarm bells that things weren’t right.

Back
Top Bottom