Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Half time interview

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m all for seeing as many ladies as possible incorporated into sport and commentating but who the hell was that woman at half time ? She was ****ing dreadful. Couldn’t tell a thing she was saying and it detracted from Mel and Willie’s 15 min chat
Bring back shouty man

D

Deleted member 4456

What happened to Gabby? Did she move on to pastures new?

And please tell Gabby 2.0 that it's okay to speak into the microphone rather than shout.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There must have been something wrong with that microphone. Almost blew my eardrums, sounded dreadful.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So high pitched... sounded awful. I hope that’s not on all season!

Balti Pie

Reaction score
I’m all for seeing as many ladies as possible incorporated into sport and commentating but who the hell was that woman at half time ? She was ****ing dreadful. Couldn’t tell a thing she was saying and it detracted from Mel and Willie’s 15 min chat
Bring back shouty man
How do you know she was dreadful if you didn't hear anything she said? I will say the PA system isn't very good in the North Bank & I assume it's the same in other stands

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

She said we'd had 15 shots on target at HT as well lol

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
How do you know she was dreadful if you didn't hear anything she said? I will say the PA system isn't very good in the North Bank & I assume it's the same in other stands
That’s the point you couldn’t tell what she was saying because her voice was so shrill .I could make out what Mel and Willie were saying but not her.

Wswolf

Reaction score
Her voice was like scratching nails on a chalkboard i lasted 30 seconds before i had to put my headphones on. Some womens voices just dont work over a tannoy system

T

Truckawolf

Couldn’t hear a word she was saying in the Bully upper, sounded like white noise

Balti Pie

Reaction score
That’s the point you couldn’t tell what she was saying because her voice was so shrill .I could make out what Mel and Willie were saying but not her.
I agree the PA is awful, but the original poster said "she was ****ing awful" & "bring back shouty man" and on the next sentence said he didn't hear what she said.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
She seemed like a nice, down to earth woman. She just needs to calm down a bit and stop shouting. Technology clearly didn't help but I imagine she was just a little nervous. I didn't hear a word Willie Carr said either.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I gave up trying to listen ages ago, it's rubbish. Even the goal and sub announcements were crap, sounded like he was doing it underwater!

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was really impressive and very knowledgable to read through the half time stats and highlight that Crusaders were beating us 4v3 on fouls! WTF

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was Lynsey Hooper.

She’s a Black Country girl (went to my school) who broadcasts on Talksport, 5Live and the Offside Rule podcast. Clearly lost her accent now though.

The mic was definitely the issue last night.

R

reanswolf

Shame as I could hear what the lower male voices had to say, but not hers. Not her fault though.
Actually I thought it was a very interesting interview with Mel and Willie.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, the PA system is shocking, at one time they said someones name to go and see the nearest steward, Couldn't hear or understand the name said its muffled and crap..
Lots of things not good last night and it looks like the club have taken a big backwards step off the pitch. The NB bar didn't open neither did the turnstiles until less than an hour before KO

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
For those saying they ran out of pies I can vouch for the fact that as I exited the Stan Cullis Stand there were clear plastic sacks full of unsold pies leaning against the kiosk outlet .
It looked like the staff had been stood down but couldn’t leave as they stood against the wall and the vast majority were 17/18 year old females many of whom looked somewhat shellshocked from what must have been a chastening experience for many of them .I wonder how many will be back ?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a more softly spoken lady to do interviews, my ears hurt last night

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm ore often in the BW where the PA usually sounds OK, was in SB lower yesterday and the sound was awful, way too loud and distorted, That said didn't think the announcer was great, quite a few fundamental mistakes reading the stats etc, (maybe nerves) and did seem to be shouting down the mic.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Lynsey Hooper is a Wolves fan through and through and knows her stuff when it comes to football and Wolves.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gave the Offside Rule Podcast a listen, she's a lot more knowledgeable than most of us.

PA system is a farce, no excuse with todays technology.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I generally remove my hearing aids on match day. It really improves the experience

P

Paul1983

I guess a spin on the saying ‘face for radio’ could work in this

Voice isn’t for PA

Nice, knowledgable lady though

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
It was Lynsey Hooper.

She’s a Black Country girl (went to my school) who broadcasts on Talksport, 5Live and the Offside Rule podcast. Clearly lost her accent now though.

The mic was definitely the issue last night.
i think she did correct it for some of the interview and held it further away from her.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
When they introduced Lynsey pre-match they said she would be there every European Night

Back
Top Bottom