Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Desperately disappointing again, not sure what sort of a player he should be and what his strongest attributes are? Doesn't appear to be particularly quick or strong, no goalscoring threat. Hwang is massively outperforming him currently despite his obvious limitations which tells you a lot.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think he is a terrible player and most of us were very happy we got him. It’s either the division doesn’t fit him or he CBA. Either way he needs to go unless he gets his mind on the job.
Or maybe he’s just struggling mentally? I’m not having people saying he was lazy yesterday, he ran a fair bit and put pressure on the defence. All the body language experts on here are remarkable, I’ve said before I doubt he doesn’t want to be here (I maybe wrong) but when you’re struggling with confidence it’s difficult to look like you’re enjoying yourself m. Ask rashford. Why don’t we just be patient with him and support him. Oh because we’re wolves fans that’s why

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe he’s just struggling mentally? I’m not having people saying he was lazy yesterday, he ran a fair bit and put pressure on the defence. All the body language experts on here are remarkable, I’ve said before I doubt he doesn’t want to be here (I maybe wrong) but when you’re struggling with confidence it’s difficult to look like you’re enjoying yourself m. Ask rashford. Why don’t we just be patient with him and support him. Oh because we’re wolves fans that’s why

Imagine whenever he looks at his phone he’s getting stick under everything he posts online as well telling him how **** he is. Gotta love Wolves fans, no wonder many players seem happier when they leave.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Imagine whenever he looks at his phone he’s getting stick under everything he posts online as well telling him how **** he is. Gotta love Wolves fans, no wonder many players seem happier when they leave.
I dont think anyone ever has the right to say some of the things they do on social media. Not just wolves fans, and not just football. How people can be happy with what they say is beyond me.

On Guedes. I was never overly struck when we were linked, but the excitement of others got me into it. Just seems like it isn't working and here is not the place for him. Seems very much like Trincao. Hoped the goal against liverpool might spur him on.

If there were decent offers i would let him go

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we flip him quickly before his value drops drastically.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never looks like he's going to stay on his feet to me. Even his goal against Brighton is one long stumble.

I agree he looks devoid of confidence and I don't believe any footballer goes out to deliberately not try, but the point is we can't rely on him at a time when we can't afford passengers. Trying everything to bed him into the team should not take precedence over trying to survive

T

TheConcourse

He’s looked most effective through the middle. I’d like to see him and Cunha higher up the pitch.

I do worry about his attitude though. You wouldn’t want to go into the trenches with this kid.

Interesting that his best games have come against better side: he was pretty good against Arsenal, Spurs and did alright at Anfield.

Last night - dreadful. Not sure he has the physicality or the desire to make it here.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would really like him to succeed and find the form he had at Valencia last season but he's not shown anything near that yet.

I don't know if it's just me but it seems like the other players don't trust him with the ball, seemed like he barely received any passes before he was hooked off yesterday.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attitude and body language worry me with him and it isnt just him. We need fighters in our position and I worry that the likes of Guedes, Semedo arent up for the battle. Other members of the squad like Adama and Jonny should be stepping up as well. Hodge taking the penalty last night whilst other more senior players stood aside was poor as well.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think people are being overly harsh but I do understand. Yesterday I didnt see a lack of effort but lack of physicality and cant cope yet with the pace of the league.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s looked most effective through the middle. I’d like to see him and Cunha higher up the pitch

Interesting that his best games have come against better side: he was pretty good against Arsenal, Spurs and did alright at Anfield.

Last night - dreadful. Not sure he has the physicality or the desire to make it here.
Wonder if we could play a 4321 with the 2 being Cunha and Guedes behind Jiminez or Costa?

Think he's been better in those games as we've played more under pressure and therefore had more space.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long before JL loses patience, being hooked at half time doesn’t bode well.

T

TheConcourse

Wonder if we could play a 4321 with the 2 being Cunha and Guedes behind Jiminez or Costa?

Think he's been better in those games as we've played more under pressure and therefore had more space.
Yeah, I think that’s the route I would take. After all of the abuse, I think he’s got something, but he’s had a rough start to life over here. He’s definitely better than what we’ve seen so far.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that’s the route I would take. After all of the abuse, I think he’s got something, but he’s had a rough start to life over here. He’s definitely better than what we’ve seen so far.
Guedes and Cunha need to be on the pitch together at the same time, to get the best out of guedes, IMO

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s not a winger. He’s not a winger. He’s not a winger.

You can tell he operates best just off the front man. He just hasn’t got the game to play wide, get up and down the line, beat his man and get crosses in. He needs players around him to interplay with, not to be isolated out wide with only an overlapping full back to play with.

That said, his body language doesn’t help him at all and if he carries on this way then he’s going to go down as our worst signing possibly ever in terms of transfer fee.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beat thing to do is say it's not worked out and move on.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at A.Madrid. they've sold is Cunha and now loaned out Felix. Loan with an obligation would do.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s not a winger. He’s not a winger. He’s not a winger.

You can tell he operates best just off the front man. He just hasn’t got the game to play wide, get up and down the line, beat his man and get crosses in. He needs players around him to interplay with, not to be isolated out wide with only an overlapping full back to play with.

That said, his body language doesn’t help him at all and if he carries on this way then he’s going to go down as our worst signing possibly ever in terms of transfer fee.
Agreed ned, good analysis, hes going to play off the striker or a second striker, i do think he should link at the top of the diamond, we certainly saw good from him in the friendly

Reactions: Ned

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has no fight. Not equipped for the battle that's ahead at all, and clearly Julen doesn't rate his attitude judging by the lack of minutes. He wasn't terrible at Liverpool and did well for his goal, but Forest was more of the same unfortunately. When the going got tough, and he had a man up his **** every time he received the ball in the pouring rain, he kept giving it away with crap first time passes or holding his hands up to the ref because he had a hand on his back.

Honestly having to put up with Guedes just makes me miss Jota more. At least Podence and Hwang have a bit of fight about them.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because we are in a relegation battle and need our forwards to create and score goals. And he's not done that and doesn't look like doing it.

He was an expensive, flagship signing, too. He wasn't bought to be developed for the future, we paid big money for him to be one leading the charge up the table. In reality, his abysmal performances have been a big part in our drop down the table.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
He was a disgrace last night.

With the position we are in in the league, we can’t afford to carry passengers. The priority is putting 11 committed players on the pitch, we can’t wait for players to play themselves into form any longer.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now we've got Cunha and possibly another forward coming in, Neto hopefully back soon, he is falling well down the list. I'd say Costa, Jimenez, Hwang and Podence are all ahead of him for those few attacking positions. In our perilous situation giving him valuable minutes will become a luxury.

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He seems a total wet lettuce, never impressed me whenever I saw him for Portugal but his stats in Spain are decent so there must be a good player there somewhere. Some players just aren't cut out for certain leagues though, I don't think he can handle a more physical league (yet). The slightest touch and he looks like he'll have to come off. He even grimaced in pain during the celebration at Everton after it got a bit too boisterous for him.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Prepared to give him time to adapt.

If we can start moving the ball quicker like we did against Liverpool I think he will come into his own.

The jury is very much still out.

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He can definitely strike a ball well. Whenever I watch him in the pre-match warmups he normally hits the ball harder and truer than anyone else. I think there's some talent there to uncover.

Jeru360

Reaction score
I’d like to see him play in a more central role - he seems hemmed in playing on the wing. Still, England isn’t for everyone and it’s not like he hasn’t had a solid crew of countryman around to help with any homesickness.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems we appear to be signing a shed load of players. I just wonder where Guedes will fit in when they all arrive. It's hard for him to get any game time now and his competition ain't great tbh. He just gives the impression of being unsettled, unhappy and not a part of the team.

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
We need to offload. Whether it’s lack of determination or belief or a mixture of both he ain’t cutting it. He’s talented but he ain’t going to do it consistently in a Wolves shirt in the premier league. We need 11 players on the pitch every match. If he starts there’s only 10.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's probably not someone you should go out for a drink with if you are feeling suicidal.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think people are being overly harsh but I do understand. Yesterday I didnt see a lack of effort but lack of physicality and cant cope yet with the pace of the league.
People are harsh on their scapegoats. Semedo got blasted after last game, when in reality he was probably the second or third best starter on the pitch.

T

TheConcourse

Well if he’s feeling down, at least he’s got this thread to cheer him up.

Attacking his ability
Attacking his commitment
Attacking his personality

We’ve given players 2/3 years and the benefit of the doubt with nowhere near this kind of reaction.

This guy has had what? 10 starts under 3 managers in a new league.

I’d stick with him for a little while longer.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Attacking his ability
Attacking his commitment

We’ve given players 2/3 years and the benefit of the doubt with nowhere near this kind of reaction.

This guy has had what? 10 starts under 3 managers in a new league.

I’d stick with him for a little while longer.
YOUR CALM RATIONALITY HAS NO BUSINESS HERE.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Attacking his ability
Attacking his commitment

Don't forget his body language, which is apparently something that 75% of football fans are obsessed with.

Yeah, he may well have won a goal against Liverpool by closing down Alisson, but he didn't do it in a loud snarly way, so that doesn't count. Yeah, he may have run the length of the pitch with RAN to be right next to him when he scored v Everton, but his running style looks a bit relaxed, so that doesn't count either.

Back
Top Bottom