Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet that's the position multiple managers keep insisting he plays.

View attachment 32482

I’m not saying he can’t play left wing. He clearly can and as you say, multiple managers have played him there.

All I’m saying is he is more effective down the middle, as his most prolific season at Valencia, his overall stats and what we’ve seen ourselves prove.

Left or right wing is not ‘out of position’, it’s just not his most effective position.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not saying he can’t play left wing. He clearly can and as you say, multiple managers have played him there.

All I’m saying is he is more effective down the middle, as his most prolific season at Valencia, his overall stats and what we’ve seen ourselves prove.

Left or right wing is not ‘out of position’, it’s just not his most effective position.

The overall stats are skewed as they include Portuguese cup games and time spent in Portuguese second division with Benfica B.

He's had one "good" season. Rest of the time he's been poor, really poor. Kicked out of PSG after 6 months, who somehow managed to make a profit on him.

Best goalscoring seasons:
11 goals in la Liga last season
8 goals in Portuguese second tier for Benfica B 9 years ago.
5 goals per season for the other three years he was at Valencia.

He's not a good player.
He's certainly not worthy of a career transfer total in excess of £100M.

We signed a dud.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Writing was on the wall when he was hooked at half time on Wednesday, JLs patience run out!

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be be replaced in the squad with another signing ?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the existing signings have replaced him. Obviously wasn't settled and didn't want to be here. Off you tootle. Score some goals so we can get money back.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan with an obligation anything north of 15m I'll be happy. Just hasn't worked out for various reasons

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame for him that it hasn’t worked out so far. Sometimes players click and sometimes they don’t. I don’t think he’s ****, just never quite settled and got to grips with premier league football.
Expecting him to hit the ground running was based on the price paid for his signature imo.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Game here was too fast, too physical, and 3 managers doesn't help. He'll be fine elsewhere but I hope we get a decent amount back.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he actually off somewhere or did JL just take him out of the firing line?

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Could be an Adama type if though...
He and Neto are generally pretty direct on the ball and attack the box/get shots off which is exactly what we’re missing really.

Will be interesting to see what happens I’m not convinced we are shipping him out yet

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not up for the fight. Better to concentrate on those that want it.

Its a shame because now and then you could see he has talent, but thats worthless if every time someone gives you a nudge in the back you just shrug and stop playing.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto ran there are players all here to get in the XI will be interest to see what happens with guedes. And if he's starting Tuesday

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wanted Guedes here before we signed him but got to be honest completely wrong about him, while he hasn't performed on the pitch so far the main disappointment is his attitude towards things... Looks like he is sulking on the pitch shows no desire to actually turn things round for himself here and has given up straight away.... Poor!

Cunha has shown what sort of attitude is needed for a new big signing compared to Guedes who has been the complete opposite!

If he wants to go back to Valencia get it done...

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Send him back to Benfica for Ramos. Can't win them all. Clearly doesn't want to be here, his body language is terrible, the last thing we need in the position we're currently in.

Back
Top Bottom