Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
could swear wolves are actually taking the **** at this point. 100% of wolves fans know we need at least 1 CM and a striker and they pull another one of these portugese players out the bag that float around the box. all set up so jiminez whos ready for the knacka yard but gets the mexicans watching and hwangy get that spot up top
Baggie or villa?

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you not watched any of his highlights yet, watch this.
As some others have mentioned elsewhere, looks like he could potentially be a Jota replacement, just a shame its a few seasons late... Seems to have an eye for goal and similar strength on the ball to Jota (as far as u can tell from YouTube).

Get this sorted, sign a striker or possibly 2, and a CM, and I might give Jeff etc. a bit of credit - but whys it taken so long (not just this window, but the last few)?!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks exciting. Boy did we need him yesterday. Assume we will play him up top, 4231?

He can play in all 4 forward positions. Probably best in the CAM or left forward role but can play upfront or on the right too.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As some others have mentioned elsewhere, looks like he could potentially be a Jota replacement, just a shame its a few seasons late... Seems to have an eye for goal and similar strength on the ball to Jota (as far as u can tell from YouTube).

Get this sorted, sign a striker or possibly 2, and a CM, and I might give Jeff etc. a bit of credit - but whys it taken so long (not just this window, but the last few)?!
I think they deserve a bit of credit with guedes for waiting....and being patient.....price and wages were never a problem, although we may have had to reduce our wage bill prior to signing him ..I think like the delay was guedes waiting to see what options he had ...we could off easily panicked and gone elsewhere .... you have to judge a window, and sometimes wait , sometimes it works, sometimes is doesn't ...but getting everything early isn't always possible.....

Last edited:

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id say if everyone is fit and we sign Guedes it'sRaul, Neto and Guedes. In fact with Raul out I'd expect Guedes to replace Hwang from yesterday..
I completely agree, Guedes is like the finished article of Neto, those 2 on fire playing either side of Raul would be phenomenal.

And I think Raul has one good season left in him at least. He looked really strong before the injury, and I don't believe he was fully at it at times last season for whatever reason. And Raul will still lead our attack even if we do sign another striker - the names we're looking at rn, we're buying a backup to Raul, not a replacement IMHO

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point I’m I’m making is we’ve spent £27 million on a player who can play on the wing or up front, despite the fact we got 4 wingers, and we’re in for at least 2 forwards. I don’t see how he fits in.
You do realise we had literally no options on the bench to change the game last weekend don't you? Guedes can play in pretty much any of the front 4 positions. That's how he fits in.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him a chance ffs
Read the context. I'm ecstatic that Guedes is signing (and if we get him and £13M for MGW that's great business). I'm just saying that compilations can be misleading. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A
Read the context. I'm ecstatic that Guedes is signing (and if we get him and £13M for MGW that's great business). I'm just saying that compilations can be misleading. Nothing more, nothing less.
Apologies just seen a few posts rubbishing the transfer, poor lad aint kicked a ball yet

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agreed. It's just that people put so much importance on these highlight compilations.
The only bad compilation I have seen was when we signed Zubar.

It was essentially all his errors, own goals, terrible tackles, falling over and also missing from point blank range. Made him look terrible and he actually turned out to be alright.

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Not a dicky bird on Sky Sorts, now there’s a surprise.

Similar to the after match inquest on ”what’s gone wrong at Utd?” - I didn’t see any praise for an excellent Brighton performance, or any coverage/ discussion of the blatant ineptitude (corrupt?) of the VAR staff failing to award an obvious penalty when the Brighton forward was through, only to be pushed in the middle of his back to the ground.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched his highlights reel. It’s a no from me, we can’t have this powerful shooting from outside the box malarkey or running at players with pace nonsense.
Sellars, pull your finger out, cancel this ludicrous signing and go and get Keiffer Moore. You know it makes sense.
Less disrespect of Kieffer Moore’s name please, he’s joint second top scorer in the PL this season and has scored as many goals as we have as a team so far! :p

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Don’t want to overhype him based off one video that’s designed to make him look good, but if I had to describe him I’d say a mix of prime Messi and prime Ronaldo. ;)
Fat Ronaldo or Stroppy Ronaldo?

Back
Top Bottom