Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

GON wheels come off?!

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So when has he had sufficient time in your view? As we are only 5 games short on JL’s total tenure…..

So you judged JL, but you won’t judge GON……

bit odd that one mate.
JL had a world cup break " pre season"
GO hasn't
JL had 90 million to spend
GO hasn't
JL had established experienced international players like Neves Mouthinio traiore Jimenez Collins and Nunes to select
GO hasn't
JL played boring goal less football
GO plays entertaining football with goals
You Wana consider the circumstances when you judge both managers .

Last edited by a moderator:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Win tomorrow and everything in the garden is rosy, mid-table, another good performance at Molineux; however lose, falling towards the bottom 3, PE teacher jibes and things looking bleak. That's how binary things are now at Wolves.
I dunno about “now” Norfolk, it’s always been that way hasn’t it!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the results yesterday, I am starting to get a bit worried. I think it's also starting to show that our recruitment this season has been especially poor. So much for Hobbs saying we're a stronger team after selling Nunes!

In fairness he had very limited time to do anything with the Nunes deal happening that late.
It's all well and good having deals in the pipeline but being forced to wait until this late in the window probably meant we weren't exactly getting the first or second options on his shortlist.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness he had very limited time to do anything with the Nunes deal happening that late.
It's all well and good having deals in the pipeline but being forced to wait until this late in the window probably meant we weren't exactly getting the first or second options on his shortlist.
I totally agree, but we're not simpletons. Don't bull**** us, as when people start to realise he was talking rubbish, it makes him look like an idiot.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a late trolley dash in the summer.....can't see why anybody expected anymore from the summer signings. ...8m defenders and 5m midfielder on loan anit gonna make a massive impact in the premier league are they......might be ok given time but nothing more ...

We didn't have a summer transfer window for quality , we had a last minute trolley dash to bulk the numbers in the squad up.....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a late trolley dash in the summer.....can't see why anybody expected anymore from the summer signings. ...8m defenders and 5m midfielder on loan anit gonna make a massive impact in the premier league are they......might be ok given time but nothing more ...

We didn't have a summer transfer window for quality , we had a last minute trolley dash to bulk the numbers in the squad up.....
Now we are paying for it. Watch chelsea rip us apart later.

O’Neil out

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Bang on

Chelsea, home
Brentford, away
Everton, home
Brighton, away
Man Utd, home
Chelsea, away

Can’t see us getting 3 points we are back in the relegation shake up. Lose all 6 fans will want oneil gone and rightly so. We’ve got worse in recent weeks not better.
Everyone always predicts woeful runs looking at the fixtures ahead but it normally doesn't end up like that. Remember when we lost to Ipswich in the league cup and it was all doom and gloom? This was our run of games and people were predicting us taking between 1-3 points from them:

Man City (H)
Villa (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Newcastle (H)
Sheff U (A)
Spurs (H)

We ended up getting 11 points. Not saying we're going on another good run but people always seem desperate to underplay our abilities and performances and overestimate our opponents.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Now we are paying for it. Watch chelsea rip us apart later.

O’Neil out
There's no logic there for me though. The club have messed up the finances so that we have to ship out £150m worth of players in one window and lose a top level manager. So sack the new guy for trying to deal with the patchy squad that's left?

Anyway we should have as close to a full strength team as you can expect at Christmas, so hopefully it'll be saint Gary the saviour by 3 o'clock.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No just conceded 3 or more, more times in less games…… so he has tried lol

I think that is much worse…..
His Bournemouth team also lost their last four games and lost 4-0 to a knackered West Ham at home.

Unfair to judge either manager on the basis of games at the end of the season when the primary objective of survival had already been achieved.

That idiot is still crying over Lage going. I don't use the ignore button on Molineux Mix but if I did, he'd be the one lol

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honest question, GENUINELY not trolling:

Would any Premier League team, as of this morning, take O'Neil if they had a vacancy?

I honestly think the answer is no. And that for me is deeply worrying.

Of course they wouldn't. Doesn't mean he's not good enough though, just that his CV still boasts very little experience as he's so young.
As for us choosing him.
Hobbs for reasons I cant really get my head around, Hobbs wanted a young British manager and with that (bizarre) limitation in mind, I actually think we're been very lucky with GON who are better than I feared.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honest question, GENUINELY not trolling:

Would any Premier League team, as of this morning, take O'Neil if they had a vacancy?

I honestly think the answer is no. And that for me is deeply worrying.
West Ham were linked with him a couple of weeks ago.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone always predicts woeful runs looking at the fixtures ahead but it normally doesn't end up like that. Remember when we lost to Ipswich in the league cup and it was all doom and gloom? This was our run of games and people were predicting us taking between 1-3 points from them:

Man City (H)
Villa (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Newcastle (H)
Sheff U (A)
Spurs (H)

We ended up getting 11 points. Not saying we're going on another good run but people always seem desperate to underplay our abilities and performances and overestimate our opponents.
One constant in an inconsistent this season so far, is the boys generally seem to be up for the glamour games at Molineux. Our best wins / performances IMO have been City, Spurs and Newcastle. To a lesser extent, Villa. Another constant is we've been poor on the road regardless of our opponent, essentially continuing that trend from last season. With that in mind...

Chelsea (H) W: Chelsea are a bit crap but still seen as a scalp. Leaning towards a win on this one.
Brentford (A) L
Everton (H) D
Brighton (A) L
Yanited (H): W
Chelsea (A): L
Brentford (H): D
Tottenham (A): L
Sheffield United (H): D
Newcastle (A): L

0.9 PPG from the next 10. Question is: will the Forests, the Lutons and the Burnleys be able to better that and begin to reel us in, going into the last quarter of the season?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As long as O'Neil keeps us ahead of the ppg curve, we are fine.

If that's enough for him to keep his job, it shows how far expectations have fallen since sacking Nuno for getting 45 points.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
One constant in an inconsistent this season so far, is the boys generally seem to be up for the glamour games at Molineux. Our best wins / performances IMO have been City, Spurs and Newcastle. To a lesser extent, Villa. Another constant is we've been poor on the road regardless of our opponent, essentially continuing that trend from last season. With that in mind...

Chelsea (H) W: Chelsea are a bit crap but still seen as a scalp. Leaning towards a win on this one.
Brentford (A) L
Everton (H) D
Brighton (A) L
Yanited (H): W
Chelsea (A): L
Brentford (H): D
Tottenham (A): L
Sheffield United (H): D
Newcastle (A): L

0.9 PPG from the next 10. Question is: will the Forests, the Lutons and the Burnleys be able to better that and begin to reel us in, going into the last quarter of the season?
I doubt they would catch us even if we had 0.9 PPG until the end of the season. That would leave us on roughly 38 points (37.9) and I imagine that would be comfortably enough to keep us up. I hope we will do a lot better than that though.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
JL had a world cup break " pre season"
GO hasn't
JL had 90 million to spend
GO hasn't
JL had established experienced international players like Neves Mouthinio traiore Jimenez Collins and Nunes to select
GO hasn't
JL played boring goal less football
GO plays entertaining football with goals
You Wana consider the circumstances when you judge both managers .
Entertaining football?…have you watched the last 3 games?….;-)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah fair play to him today, very noticeable difference after he re-jigged things during the RAN “injury” break. Credit where it’s due. Hopefully we can follow this up with a good performance at Brentford.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Very slow start (again) but noticeably improved after that little tactical tweak he made midway through the first half.

After the Summer we had, I’d have absolutely snapped your hand off to be 11th at this stage of the season.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very slow start (again) but noticeably improved after that little tactical tweak he made midway through the first half.

After the Summer we had, I’d have absolutely snapped your hand off to be 11th at this stage of the season.
Much much better today

Well done Gary fixed the wheels

Let’s get something from Brentford to see if our away form has improved

Back
Top Bottom