Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

GON wheels come off?!

Beckbury Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Other than City, Spurs, Bournemouth away I think the performances all season been pretty uninspiring! Luton, Everton, Burnley, Forest, and today remarkably poor!

I mean to concede 3 away to a team around us in West Ham after they have played in Europe mid week too is unforgivable!

Do we back GON next summer? Do we put more time into him? He's not pulling any trees up for me, I feel he should be getting more from this squad.

Thoughts gents???

stevev53

Reaction score
Other than City, Spurs, Bournemouth away I think the performances all season been pretty uninspiring! Luton, Everton, Burnley, Forest, and today remarkably poor!

I mean to concede 3 away to a team around us in West Ham after they have played in Europe mid week too is unforgivable!

Do we back GON next summer? Do we put more time into him? He's not pulling any trees up for me, I feel he should be getting more from this squad.

Thoughts gents???
Stupid thread

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone thought we were nailed on for relegation at the beginning of the season with this squad and GON. Now we are 10 points above the relegation zone, people think he should be getting more from them.

This place is nuts.
Nailed on? Have you seen the promoted sides?

The FOSUN PR machine has done well to dumb down the expectations among the fanbase, that's for sure.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thoughts gents???
The 5 games you mention as being remarkably poor we took 8 points out of 15! Get a life

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, I think it's a season to build as lucky for us, there will be 3 teams just as bad as us over 38 games... but I think it'll be close one.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't say wheels come off, but think he needs to learn how much and how often he can keep tinkering with the team. Analysing the opposition and looking for weaknesses and setting up team to take advantage of them is all well and good, but team need to be able to execute that. For me now we are doing that too much and not well. Get them well drilled with our own way of playing them make a few small changes here and there. Sort out the defensive mistakes. Up until the last few matches we have looked better going forward than the past few seasons, but also not as solid at the back. Maybe now trying to evolve our style of play too far too quickly and its not working, get back to the basics that were winning us games

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea what he does in the week but Wolves don't look like a team coached at all well. I genuinely have no idea what sort of philosophy he's trying to instil? I could forgive him if he was trying to do something and it was taking time to implement but we look like headless chickens most games now.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
It's very poor. Neto pre injury massively paper over performances. On the whole we look awful. Our best performance was probably man utd. In terms of all round play but we were still using the setup of the previous coach, man city was a good smash and grab result. But more and more as times goes on we see the same turgid performances, safety first coaching manual bull****. Quite honestly I fear if we are going to back this guy with signings as we will just get a bunch robots than flail about, but kept their shape and did nothing silly.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nailed on? Have you seen the promoted sides?

The FOSUN PR machine has done well to dumb down the expectations among the fanbase, that's for sure.

I have seen them. Have you seen where I said 'at the beginning of the season'? Here, I'll show you again in case you missed it:

Everyone thought we were nailed on for relegation at the beginning of the season with this squad and GON. Now we are 10 points above the relegation zone, people think he should be getting more from them.

This place is nuts.

Before you pretend that it is anything other than hindsight with the promoted clubs, here is a couple of occasions where you have stated we will be relegated this season under GON:

We are utter ****. Shi, Hobbs and GON, this is on you.

A miracle if we manage to avoid relegation with our current setup.

Not a great choice but it's easy one when you consider that keeping GON for the season would mean relegation. Better to go with the unknown than that.

So yes. At the start of the season, people (including you) thought we were nailed on for relegation.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue is, we'll probably be OK this season with how poor the promoted sides are.

But I'd expect the next group coming up to be a lot more competitive, particularly Leicester.

I'm sure a lot of things will change by August, so anyone panicking about next season based on right now is also just indulging in it because they enjoy it.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seen them. Have you seen where I said 'at the beginning of the season'? Here, I'll show you again in case you missed it:

Before you pretend that it is anything other than hindsight with the promoted clubs, here is a couple of occasions where you have stated we will be relegated this season under GON:

So yes. At the start of the season, people (including you) thought we were nailed on for relegation.
With GON, I certainly thought we were. Thankfully, Burnley have been rubbish.

Neto has saved us really. Shame he'll be sold next summer.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of things will change by August, so anyone panicking about next season based on right now is also just indulging in it because they enjoy it.
Not panicking, more an observation.

I mean, FOSUN could always sell up and **** off in the meantime, which would be the best outcome for all involved. Be nice to have some owners that are actually interested, tbh.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
We have the most fickle fans in the world. Jesus wept.
Your comment may or may not be correct it's your opinion and as relevant any anyone else's - but a question for you - are you happy to watch the ineptness that's going on , Me I'm not - time for change

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I mean, FOSUN could always sell up and **** off in the meantime, which would be the best outcome for all involved. Be nice to have some owners that are actually interested, tbh.

Even without the 3 newly promoted teams, we're clear of the next 3 imaginary relegation spots, and that's despite everyone agreeing we've had rough luck with VAR so far this year.

Of course things can always go wrong next year, but there's just no point worrying about it. Remember, if you judge based on Championship performances, we should be losing sleep about how great Burnley are.

Sir Ron

Groupie
Reaction score
your over reacting to a defeat ..most thought we would go down and we're comfortable mid table ..terrible today definitely but wheels come off don't be ridiculous
Don’t get coming out with common sense on here with all the dummies getting flung out the prams, I’m not happy today as I’m sure everyone else isn’t, but let’s stick with our manager and see what unfolds over the next few games.
Sometimes it’s like listening to a classroom full of silly five year old girls when we lose.
We’re not dining at the top table, deal with it.
Just to clarify I agree with you I’m just fed up with the hysterical moaning little babies on here

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score

Is this the FOSUN who got us promoted and have retained our place in the PL ever since?
It was SO much better before!!!!

Back
Top Bottom