Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Going to the wire

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will get promoted, it will happen. On the other hand I don't get the overconfidence from some about Friday, seeing predictions of 2/3/4-0. Cardiff won't roll over, they haven't lost a match since Jan 1st and we looked so jaded last night. Hope I'm completely wrong but I can't see us winning. I'd snap your hand off for a point.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Fulham will run out of steam, so in reality I think we only need 1 or 2 more points for promotion, but i think the title race will go down to the wire.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Fulham will run out of steam, so in reality I think we only need 1 or 2 more points for promotion, but i think the title race will go down to the wire.

Hope you are right Boss Hogg but I think they will win all their remaining matches.
We will need to win our 3 matches to secure automatic promotion.

Haggstone

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder whether some posters on this forum lack the emotional maturity to support a sports team. Seriously, if I was this predisposed to worrying and overthinking to the extent one or two have on this thread, to the point where all logic and reasoning have been thrown out of the window, I think I would give it all up on health grounds.

Lose to Cardiff and I might have to give this place a miss for a while......again.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predict Fulham will beat Reading, Brentford, Sunderland and Blues, and draw at Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall. An 89 point finish, meaning a win and a draw would do it for us.
This is sensible. Said it before, l can’t see three, let alone four teams getting 90 points.

A draw tomorrow would be a great result. Anything else is a bonus ( which let’s be honest, the three points at Boro were).

D

Deleted member 5910

Hope you are right Boss Hogg but I think they will win all their remaining matches.
We will need to win our 3 matches to secure automatic promotion.

2 wins and 2 draws would do it mathematically, which even to the most damp-crotched of Wolves fans is eminently doable.

H

Honved

Wolves have set the bar this season. Lead the way for most of the campaign, and set a very high standard.

As a result, Fulham and Cardiff have been working hard to match that standard. And a top 3 finish will require a higher than usual points total. Both of them deserve promotion, and one of them will feel very hard done to in having to settle for the playoffs. Frankly, whichever of them it is, they’ll be going into games against teams who haven’t been fit to lace their boots. This is definitely a year when they should just change the rules and say the top three go up automatically.

But nobody should be worried. We’re the team that set that standard, and we’ll be the first team across the line.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joke thread?

Not at all.
I don't see automatic promotion going to the wire, but top spot could most certainly.

Looking forward to tomorrow evening especially as Neves and the Doc will be available.
I'm expecting a rough welcome from Colin and his gang, so we need to be well drilled and not react to their antics.

Back
Top Bottom