Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Going to the wire

Lawndog

Reaction score
Well, Fulham are our only real threat IMO.

If you take the last 10 games form, and replicate it over the next (last 6) games, they are on course for another 14/15 points while we should get 10/11.

So, in all likelihood, we just need another 5.....

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's have this chat on Saturday morning. If we win Friday it's over as far as we're concerned. If we don't, then it continues...

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only if you have no faith in a team that won with 9 men for 20 minutes last Friday.
We didn't win with 9 men though did we. We won because we built up a lead due to being the best team and then held on despite mounting pressure. A bit like this season in a nutshell.
To answer the OP's point; yes, this season will go down to the wire.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It ain’t over yet, that’s for sure. But I think 2 wins now gets promotion, 4 needed to win the league I reckon.

Avoid defeat vs. Cardiff and I’ll be happy with how the games have gone starting at Boro away.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Still think we'll win the League by 6-7 points with Fulham pushing Cardiff all the way for second (think Cardiff have us at home along with Villa, Derby and Hull away).

Will be a few twists and turns yet though. Everyone will drop points when you least expect them to (even Fulham....they will, won't they?!)

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will go to the wire with regards who go up as champs but barring a calamity, promotion wont be a problem.

JonkersWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It's going to go on a while yet. I'm really not sure if Fulham will drop any more points :eek:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking the promotion chase will last another few weeks?
Yes, Fulham will win all their remaining games and we have Cardiff...a resurgent Blues and Sheff Wed to come at home, plus Derby fighting for play offs
I can see us needing a win at Sunderland to go up

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, Fulham will win all their remaining games and we have Cardiff...a resurgent Blues and Sheff Wed to come at home, plus Derby fighting for play offs
Are you sure we wont bottle the play-offs ?:D

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we will wrap it up against Blues or Derby at home. We are doing as well as anyone other than Fulham. We have an 11 point buffer. Can't see us not winning 3 of the remaining 6. If we are on our metal Friday the 1st will come there. Cardiff were crap on Monday.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
It’s going to be bloody close. Still confident we can do it, the title is up to us on Friday now. Don’t lose, and it is ours to lose/bottle ourselves.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll happen soon enough but it's gonna be a very high points total this year. Just looked at the table from 08/09 and we finished with only 90 pts after 46 games. Blues in second got 83 and Sheff Utd in 3rd with 80.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A resurgent Blues and Sheff W that'll be very difficult for us to win, but Fulham will have no problem in turning over?

S

ShropshireLad

If we clinch it v Wednesday I'll be delighted. Leaving it until Sunderland...no comment.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
title could go down to goal difference

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A resurgent Blues and Sheff W that'll be very difficult for us to win, but Fulham will have no problem in turning over?
different psyche though isn't it ? one has everything to gain, one has everything to throw away

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Title will go to the wire if we lose at Cardiff and with there game in hand IMO.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham have a local derby v Brentford. You can never be sure which Brentford will turn up so if it is the " Killer Bees ! " ( pathetic pun I will get my coat ) that will be no pushover. Also in Fulham's remaining games are Millwall who being from the East End / Docklands area would take great delight in stopping a West End posh boys team from going up. I was going to say Millwall would like nothing better than putting one up the Cottagers but that could lead to me being censored !

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Title will go to the wire if we lose at Cardiff and with there game in hand IMO.
If. Don’t get me wrong I think we may lose at Cardiff which will mean the title race is wide open, but we’re going up. No way will we not win 2 and draw 2.

F

FLEET WOLF

Fulham are on a great run, but I think they will drop some points somewhere along the way, probably in the game v Millwall (who I think will make the play offs).

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham have plenty of games to come unstuck in,i dont go along with the easy run in they have,Millwall and Sheff Wed away?
I do think it will become tighter than it is now,but we will come back stronger after Cardiff and see it through against Blues

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I reckon it will be done by Birmingham. Fulham won’t win every game, they just aren’t good enough, and if they lose even one, we only need to win 2.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I really don't know what some people have watched all season but after every poor performance there's been predictions that we will blow it or it will go down to the last game. We'd need to lose 4 of the next 5 after for it to happen after losing 6 in 40. The most Fulham can get is 93, we have 86, why would anyone be worried? The title I could understand but promotion? Come on.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No! or Yes!

What the **** am I? I'm a philosopher not a bleeding prophet.
And neither is anybody else.
The one's that say no are basing it on faith and confidence. The ones saying yes are just being pessimistic.
We don't know. The lads don't know. Nuno doesn't know.
All we can do is hope that the boys rise to the occasion and see it through.
The sooner the better.

Lawndog

Reaction score
Lol! Just been looking at Cardiff's forum (CCMB). They have EXACTLY the same concerns as us - especially regarding Fulham's unbelievable form!

Back
Top Bottom