Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Going to the wire

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, Fulham will win all their remaining games and we have Cardiff...a resurgent Blues and Sheff Wed to come at home, plus Derby fighting for play offs
I can see us needing a win at Sunderland to go up

Derby who got smashed 4-1 at home to Sunderland??

A 'resurgent' Sheffield Wed who have spluttered through all of this season?? And who the mighty Fulham have to play AWAY this Saturday?? You cant have it both ways.

Im with you to a degree mate but to say we will need a win at Sunderland to go up is you basically saying out the next 15 points available we are only going to get 4 points?? I just dont see it.

D

Deleted member 5910

I really don't know what some people have watched all season but after every poor performance there's been predictions that we will blow it or it will go down to the last game. We'd need to lose 4 of the next 5 after for it to happen after losing 6 in 40. The most Fulham can get is 93, we have 86, why would anyone be worried? The title I could understand but promotion? Come on.

I'd find the fickle nature of many posters on this forum amusing, if I didn't think it had a habit of spreading to the Molineux terraces on match day. I wish more people would have the courage of their conviction.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think fulham will win or draw all their remaining games. So i reckon they will get 91 points or thereabouts. Cardiff have a “tougher” run and could get caught but i reckon they too will get around 91 points. So, we need 2 wins in my view. They may come against sheff w or sunderland as i can see cardiff L, Derby D, Blues (anything possible but their tails are up), bolton W. We have enough winnable games even if cardiff beat us BUT last night was winnable and we didn’t win. Not over but despite feeling nervous we should do it...just.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think fulham will win or draw all their remaining games. So i reckon they will get 91 points or thereabouts. Cardiff have a “tougher” run and could get caught but i reckon they too will get around 91 points. So, we need 2 wins in my view. They may come against sheff w or sunderland as i can see cardiff L, Derby D, Blues (anything possible but their tails are up), bolton W. We have enough winnable games even if cardiff beat us BUT last night was winnable and we didn’t win. Not over but despite feeling nervous we should do it...just.
I still can't help thinking that last gasp Norwich equaliser will cost us

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way on earth we are not going up, enjoy the ride and acclaim these boys when we finally get over the line, promoted by next wednesday is my prediction.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Technically with our GD we only really need 7 points. And thats on the basis Fulham win EVERY GAME.

Not going to happen.
Technically, GD will change according to results of the two teams. For them to catch us on points, we have to lose games or draw, which means our GD (+37) will go down or stay the same, whilst theirs (+29) would improve. By how much depends on results, but even with a series of 2-0 wins, their GD will easily be equivalent to ours.
So it would be not only technically incorrect to say that our (present) GD is the equivalent of a point, but also a bit naive.

Let's all be patient. Just 6 games to go and we will all know mathematically where we stand. Happy days I'm confident.

Last edited:
D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

The problem is I think Fulham could very well get 18 points. I thought Villa would've got 9 after they beat us when they ended up with one, so I accept anything can happen but Fulham are flying and have quality all over the pitch.

So I think we will need 8 points.

From 6 games that seems not bad, but I think we'll lose Friday and we could easily end up with 2/3 from Derby and Blues.

Bolton is away and they've done very well against the better sides this season so that's no certain win.

Sheff Wed are in a hugely false position, they're injury situation was/is ridiculous but unfortunately it's easing big time now. The side we will face will be similar to the one that has made the play-offs in the past few seasons. A real tough game and unlucky for us, although they won't have anything to play for.

Sunderland is the only one I think we should definitely win, as they're not very good and will be down by then. Delighted to have them in the last game tbh.

Now I'm not saying we will lose all these games but it's tough and it COULD happen. No I wouldn't bet on us throwing it away but the performance yesterday was concerning, particularly with Nuno blaming fatigue when we have three games in nine days coming up.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
The problem is I think Fulham could very well get 18 points. I thought Villa would've got 9 after they beat us when they ended up with one, so I accept anything can happen but Fulham are flying and have quality all over the pitch.

From 6 games that seems not bad, but I think we'll lose Friday and we could easily end up with 2/3 from Derby and Blues.

Bolton is away and they've done very well against the better sides this season so that's no certain win.

Sheff Wed are in a hugely false position, they're injury situation was/is ridiculous but unfortunately it's easing big time now. The side we will face will be similar to the one that has made the play-offs in the past few seasons. A real tough game and unlucky for us, although they won't have anything to play for.

Sunderland is the only one I think we should definitely win, as they're not very good and will be down by then. Delighted to have them in the last game tbh.

Now I'm not saying we will lose all these games but it's tough and it COULD happen. No I wouldn't bet on us throwing it away but the performance yesterday was concerning, particularly with Nuno blaming fatigue when we have three games in nine days coming up.
Well that hasn’t done my nerves any good ;) Good, thought out, reasoned post- though. If it gets to the Sunderland game, I couldn’t take it.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is very possible, sure. But I seriously recommend that you and others worrying, about things that we supporters have no control over, to try and chill out, stop over thinking and try and enjoy the football.

As the Italians say, after popping a bottle or 2 or 3 of Barolo wine,
Che sera sera.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

It is very possible, sure. But I seriously recommend that you and others worrying, about things that we supporters have no control over, to try and chill out, stop over thinking and try and enjoy the football.

As the Italians say, after popping a bottle or 2 or 3 of Barolo wine,
Che sera sera.

I do enjoy the football. Will enjoy the day out if we're in the Championship or the Premier League next year, just don't like the arrogance from many regarding this.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do enjoy the football. Will enjoy the day out if we're in the Championship or the Premier League next year, just don't like the arrogance from many regarding this.
LB4196-4136.jpg

Here you go.

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Technically, GD will change according to results of the two teams. For them to catch us on points, we have to lose games or draw, which means our GD (+37) will go down or stay the same, whilst theirs (+29) would improve. By how much depends on results, but even with a series of 2-0 wins, their GD will easily be equivalent to ours.
So it would be not only technically incorrect to say that our (present) GD is the equivalent of a point, but also a bit naive.

Let's all be patient. Just 6 games to go and we will all know mathematically where we stand. Happy days I'm confident.

Both are extreme case scenarios so I stand by the GD comment.

I will categorically state now:

-Fulham will not win every game
-We will get 7 or more points from the last 18 available

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll beat Cardiff and Derby. We will need at most 1 more point to go up if we do, but it may already be all over by the end of the Derby game as regards promotion, but not yet the title.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you rather be in Cardiff, Fulham or Villa's position?
I empathise and relate with some of the minor panic on here but FFS what would this forum be like if we swapped places with Villa?

#itsinourhands

D

Deleted member 5910

Technically with our GD we only really need 7 points. And thats on the basis Fulham win EVERY GAME.

Not going to happen.

I predict Fulham will beat Reading, Brentford, Sunderland and Blues, and draw at Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall. An 89 point finish, meaning a win and a draw would do it for us.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bottom line is we need three points against Cardiff or Derby and then we need to beat Blues. That will pretty much get us over the line. But it is going to be tight. Fulham may keep winning and even Villa might stage a recovery. But if they slip up even once the odds greatly increase in our favour. I hope we can clinch promotion by the time we face Bolton or if necessary win/draw there to clinch promotion.

Last edited:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thats how i see it too. It could easily come down to the last game and us needing a win

S

SavageWolf

Not me. If we beat Cardiff on Friday (and I think we will) we are almost there.
Same here, can see us beating Cardiff and Sheff Wed and Norwich doing jobs on Fulham and Villa on Saturday then we get promoted at home to Derby next week.
It's a great end to the season, would've preferred us to walk the league like we were at one point but we have a good lead on 3rd and have to fight our biggest fight on Friday to mentally put an end to Cardiff's title aspirations.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, Fulham will win all their remaining games and we have Cardiff...a resurgent Blues and Sheff Wed to come at home, plus Derby fighting for play offs
I can see us needing a win at Sunderland to go up
Really???
I mean really really..... Like Fulham will go undefeated and we are going to bottle.
God no ...
Please no.
It would finish me.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Promotion will be secured 20th April when Fulham draw away at Millwall

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A win in the principality will secure promotion. Just the small problem of winning. We are more than good enough to do so, but need to keep our cool and eleven men on the pitch. Warnock will have noted our lack of discipline at Middlesbrough and will encourage his players to get in our faces. Stay disciplined and we will be fine.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’ll go to the Sheffield Wednesday game ...

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still can't help thinking that last gasp Norwich equaliser will cost us
Bloody hell mate ... you need to lighten up. This is the business end of the season and things are bound to get tense. However, we have a handsome lead and a more or less fully fit team to pick from... a team that has continued to amass points at a rate that would normally return the champions crown. Keep the faith. UTW.

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fulham will drop points on Saturday at Wednesday. They will drop points at Millwall. We currently need 8, realistically I think 5 will do it. It maybe Blose, but definitely by Bolton.

Our worst return over a 6 game period has been 8 points. That will do.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not pant wetting I know we will be champions. However I can see it going to the wire for the title. I don't see any problem being promoted though.
I think we will get a point at Cardiff but then stall at home to Derby and Blues through nerves, bad luck and terrible refs. After that we will beat Bolton and Sheffield to seal promotion followed by the title with a point required at Sunderland to do so. So I say 7 points for promotion and 8 for the title. It will be harder to get the title if we lose to Cardiff, probably need to get more at home or at Sunderland.

All this PPG means nowt in the end. It's how you do when it really matters. Lucky we have enough in the bank to make it almost certain we will cross the line and deservedly so.

By the way if im wrong and we win the next 3 I will be ****-a-hoop like everyone.

Last edited:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are on a 4 game unbeaten run 10 points from 12 does not indicate to me we are about to throw it away. You would think we were in the middle of a bad run. I sincerely hope we don't start the pant wetting if we lose on Friday which I don't think we will as those nerves at home to Derby will transfer from the stands to the pitch. Keep the faith we are going to the Premier League.

Back
Top Bottom