Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goalkeeper

E

Edgmond Wolf

give the bloke a chance ffs..of course hes going to be a bit nervous making his debut
he actually kept us in the game with some saves ...tk is the least of our worries at the moment

This in Spades

He was nervous, he was rusty, and the four in front of him did not cover themselves in glory...to think of it no one covered themselves in glory, we were $$$$ poor

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly I asked the question based on comments I had seen on the match and I am probably a little unfair in doing that, I usually prefer to give players 5/6 games before judging and younger players even more time/games.
Personally I believe that Ikeme is currently our No 1 goalkeeper and to date the possibility of either TK or McCarey displacing him are not likely when he returns from injury. I have always liked Ikeme as a goalkeeper and indeed in the Hennessy/Ikeme debates of some years ago always felt him the more reliable of our keepers.
We would most likely not have signed TK had McCarey not got injured. I am surprised by the negativity of certain posters towards McCarey, the lad has hardly played half a dozen games for the first team and performed quite well last season when Ikeme was out injured. He was recalled from York on that occasion having had a run of games for them, so was not coming onto the team 'rusty'.
One poster in particular was particularly obnoxious describing McCarey as a nob, one wonders how he came to that opinion and where he derived the 'fact' that McCarey was to be released shortly from. MM is a much poorer for that quality of post.
The fact that he had a poor game against Northampton and was it Nuneaton (the poster however did say he was at fault for only one of the goals, I appreciate the fact that one has to have complete confidence in your goalie if you are in the back four) for the under - 21's are most likely down to the very same reason that a number of people are critical of TK last Saturday, not enough continuous games at that standard when he came back into the team.
I agree with the poster who says that McCarey should go out on loan when he and Ikeme are fully fit as it should give him a number of competitive starts and my understanding is that a) TK's contract is only to the end of the season and b) McCarey will be CI's major competition/cover for goalie again over the coming seasons, unless Flatt or Dutton emerge to take that position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Despite all his experience etc, TK does need two to three games to get used to gelling with his back four in front of him. It is not an automatic process, it has to be worked at in games and settle from there.TK is a good keeper, for me though Ikeme is the best at our club, without him, we would not be where we are today over the last 18 months..

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mind you Carl was guilty of a few gaffes himself in the past. I guess the secret is not to let those get to you. My Leeds mates of a certain age always remember a certain Gary Sprake.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Kuszczak is bang average, and his reputation is based off being United's number three keeper for about half of his career. Based on what he's ever actually shown on the pitch, as opposed to where he's played his football, he's nothing special.

B

Brandons gramps

Correct. In his after match interview he said he needed that game for his confidence. I expect better things from him tomorrow.

I wonder how much confidence he got playing behind that back 4...?

Back
Top Bottom