Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goalkeeper

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I note that Carl's replacement did not overly impress people on Saturday. He was brought in as cover while McCarey was injured. I note McCarey made an appearance for the Under 21's last week. He may not be fully fit to come back into the first team just yet, but do posters consider him an improvement on the present custodian?

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
We can't rule TK out after one game.

S

SouthwesternWolf

No. Kuszczak is a much better keeper than McCarey

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McCarey is going to get released soon. Miles off Championship standard and is massive N*b.

Worse Goalkeeping performance i've seen was him against Northampton. Followed by Damian Martinez against Reading a few years ago

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give the bloke a chance! He's had one game and yes a couple of dodgy moments but also made some excellent saves. Just needs a couple of games to get into his rhythm, he'll be fine

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McCarey is useless, don't think Kuszczak did much wrong Saturday. Certainly couldn't have saved the two goals and did make a few good saves.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McCarey is useless, don't think Kuszczak did much wrong Saturday. Certainly couldn't have saved the two goals and did make a few good saves.

Disagree.he should have done far better for the first.

And as for making good saves, all keepers should make some.

Except our opponents don't need to as we manage about two shots :mad:

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TK did nothing wrong Saturday, the goals were his fault.

D

Deleted member 3545

Kuszczak is a good keeper just abit rusty i guess

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just like ikeme shouldn't have been beat for boltons first and should've done better for their second when he got a weak hand to the ball but couldn't divert it .... But let's write Tomas off after 1 game where we were yet again useless as a team! Hmmmmmm ok guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McCarey needs to go out on loan & get some games. If people are moaning about Kuszczak on Sat they should have seen McCarey at Nuneaton who did not have the greatest of games & was at fault for 1 of the goals

D

Deleted member 4023

TK is probably lacking a bit of confidence. He has been a very good keeper & I'm sure he'll be able to provide the required level of cover for Carl.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
TK is probably lacking a bit of confidence. He has been a very good keeper & I'm sure he'll be able to provide the required level of cover for Carl.
Correct. In his after match interview he said he needed that game for his confidence. I expect better things from him tomorrow.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I thought he looked very shaky on Saturday. I feel he should have done better for the first goal, not so much because he was beaten at his near post, but because he didn't get out quickly enough to close the angles. There was a very poor clearance in the second half where he needed to put his foot through it and passed it to a Reading player on the edge of our box. I am also a bit surprised about the comments of him needing games for confidence, he is not some rookie, he's a 32 year old who has played 30 games for Man U and is a Polish International.

However I do agree that he needs to play a lot more before we can make a proper judgement.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought he looked very shaky on Saturday. I feel he should have done better for the first goal, not so much because he was beaten at his near post, but because he didn't get out quickly enough to close the angles. There was a very poor clearance in the second half where he needed to put his foot through it and passed it to a Reading player on the edge of our box. I am also a bit surprised about the comments of him needing games for confidence, he is not some rookie, he's a 32 year old who has played 30 games for Man U and is a Polish International.

However I do agree that he needs to play a lot more before we can make a proper judgement.

He needs to build up his confidence in so much as he hasn't played in matches for so long. It won't take many games before he'll show why he was a Man U and international player.

K

kwolf

express & star gave him man of the match was the reporter actually at the game

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's better than ikeme. Sat he made no more errors that ikeme did verses Bolton! And he's had all season between the sticks.

D

Deleted member 3518

If we're basing our views on goalkeepers mon one game then I presume we must all think Ikeme is $$$$e after his mistakes at Bolton

Possibly so, but how many games has played for Wolves? I tend to only watch Wolves so can only base my judgement on that.

S

SouthwesternWolf

Possibly so, but how many games has played for Wolves? I tend to only watch Wolves so can only base my judgement on that.

Kuszczak on Saturday made two good saves. His distribution wasn't great and he might have done a bit better for the first goal but the collective four in front of him were more to blame IMO.

If I had a choice I'd play Ikeme but if someone's watched Kuszczak and feels he's better then I respect that view

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
It's not really complicated.

Based on Saturday I thought he was poor. I am surprised by people saying he did well.

Based on his career there is no reason why we should worry about him.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Based on Saturday I thought he was poor. I am surprised by people saying he did well.

The save from Norwood was top quality IMO. That ball moved like a mother$$$$er.

D

Deleted member 3518

Agreed, but with respect his career's in the past, how old is he and when did he last play regularly? Truly hope he proves to be a success, but based on Saturday a.long way to go.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Agreed, but with respect his career's in the past, how old is he and when did he last play regularly? Truly hope he proves to be a success, but based on Saturday a.long way to go.

He's only 32 and played pretty much all of the previous two seasons for Brighton to good reviews as I understand it, not sure why they let him go. Confident he'll be fine.

NWW
The shot did more like a sod, but I still think it was a regulation save. I thought the one low down going across him was better (looking from S5!).

Still didn't fill me with confidence though. Still happy he'll be fine.

mexy

Reaction score
give the bloke a chance ffs..of course hes going to be a bit nervous making his debut
he actually kept us in the game with some saves ...tk is the least of our worries at the moment

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was average - he made a few good saves, but he almost cost us a couple too.

Began running out of his box on two occasions - only to change his mind and almost got caught out.

Better opposition would have pounced on both of those opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom