Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Tomorrow, this part-timer-glory-hunting American boards a plane, and thanks to Sky, lands in London and immediately jumps on a train straight to Wales.

I don't really have the right to love this club. But I do. A decade ago I would have told you that I hated 'soccer.' There is an untruth in this country that the sport is unbearable. Scores are low. There are draws. The NFL is better. The MLS is garbage. Well, the MLS *is* garbage. But I eventually saw the error of my ways and started watching the sport as it is played in Europe. By chance, this led me to Wolves and the long, slow road to turning my heart over to the club.

My outlook on Wolves has always been romantic. It always will be romantic. We are meant for one another, but are tragically separated by vast distance. I have not felt the burden of false dawns and failure year after year. While I've been keeping up with Wolves for many years, I can only claim to have been fully invested since the Kenny Jackett era. Regardless, two years ago you all officially welcomed me into the fold on this forum. My wife secretly saved for a year to surprise me with a flight to England this past season. All that I wanted was to have a drink at the Stile and watch a match in the South Bank. You all gave me much more than that, and that week of kindness was profoundly life changing.

My Wolves journey is unique and purely accidental. I have been counting down the days to this week since the fixtures were released last summer. I had no idea (how could one, really?), that we'd be in the fortuitous position we are now. I am beside myself. I cannot wait.

If you see me (I'll be the tall, bearded guy loudly talking in a monotone voice with a mildly Southern-yet-urban-Midwest diction), say hi. I greatly enjoyed meeting you all last year. I met so many of you that I'll know your face but might forget your name. Don't hold it against me. I forget my own children's names from time to time. Most importantly, I'll buy you a drink. Send me a message if you want to meet up before a game, I'll be with the Rhos and Edge crew.

It's almost time to go. I love this club. I love you guys. Here's to another week of memories. Hazy, incredibly fun memories.

UTW.

-Alex

tenor.gif

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tomorrow, this part-timer-glory-hunting American boards a plane, and thanks to Sky, lands in London and immediately jumps on a train straight to Wales.

I don't really have the right to love this club. But I do. A decade ago I would have told you that I hated 'soccer.' There is an untruth in this country that the sport is unbearable. Scores are low. There are draws. The NFL is better. The MLS is garbage. Well, the MLS *is* garbage. But I eventually saw the error of my ways and started watching the sport as it is played in Europe. By chance, this led me to Wolves and the long, slow road to turning my heart over to the club.

My outlook on Wolves has always been romantic. It always will be romantic. We are meant for one another, but are tragically separated by vast distance. I have not felt the burden of false dawns and failure year after year. While I've been keeping up with Wolves for many years, I can only claim to have been fully invested since the Kenny Jackett era. Regardless, two years ago you all officially welcomed me into the fold on this forum. My wife secretly saved for a year to surprise me with a flight to England this past season. All that I wanted was to have a drink at the Stile and watch a match in the South Bank. You all gave me much more than that, and that week of kindness was profoundly life changing.

My Wolves journey is unique and purely accidental. I have been counting down the days to this week since the fixtures were released last summer. I had no idea (how could one, really?), that we'd be in the fortuitous position we are now. I am beside myself. I cannot wait.

If you see me (I'll be the tall, bearded guy loudly talking in a monotone voice with a mildly Southern-yet-urban-Midwest diction), say hi. I greatly enjoyed meeting you all last year. I met so many of you that I'll know your face but might forget your name. Don't hold it against me. I forget my own children's names from time to time. Most importantly, I'll buy you a drink. Send me a message if you want to meet up before a game, I'll be with the Rhos and Edge crew.

It's almost time to go. I love this club. I love you guys. Here's to another week of memories. Hazy, incredibly fun memories.

UTW.

-Alex

tenor.gif
That’s is a great story and your wife’s secretly saving for you is great too.I hope you see Wolves defeat Cardiff. I don’t know when you return but maybe you will be there to see them clinch promotion.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great story USA, right from the heart. Have a great time.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

UTW.

-Alex

tenor.gif

If ever there was a good reason to relocate to the land of hope and glory you have found it Alex.

Hazza

Reaction score
Awesome, have a safe trip. I am on the beers from mid afternoon in Wolverhampton on Wednesday if you know where you will be when?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have fun Alex, and fingers well and truly crossed for Friday for the game of the season against Cardiff. A win would almost certainly guarantee the title!

USA Wolf

Reaction score
That’s is a great story and your wife’s secretly saving for you is great too.I hope you see Wolves defeat Cardiff. I don’t know when you return but maybe you will be there to see them clinch promotion.

I'll be over through Brum so fingers crossed for good Wolves and bad Fulham!

Awesome, have a safe trip. I am on the beers from mid afternoon in Wolverhampton on Wednesday if you know where you will be when?

Not yet, starting at the Sun Beam no doubt, but as to when, that's a good question! I'll update you

Have fun Alex, and fingers well and truly crossed for Friday for the game of the season against Cardiff. A win would almost certainly guarantee the title!

Certainly seems that both sides have been steamrolling to this very contest. I couldn't be more thrilled for the timing of this adventure.

W

WolvesinNC

That's a great story! Hope you enjoy your trip over immensely. Always amazed to find people with no connection to W'ton who support our wonderful club. I am not able to make a game myself this year due to work commitments (wont be in the UK until July) but hopefully next year we can coordinate something of a 'USA-fan' pilgrimage to the Golden Palace!

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent story. Am sure a few of the usual Jeb ends on here will probably accuse you of taking up a ticket a local could have had and contributing to the poor atmosphere.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoy the travels, hope you bring the luck with you for a fantastic time over the coming games.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Safe journey over. Take some time to look around Cardiff if you're there the following day as its a wonderful capital city. You won't get a nice welcome from the Cardiff fans but being Welsh and originally from the valleys I'd like to warm welcome to Wales!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

UTW.

-Alex

tenor.gif
Safe travels. I hope it's an entertaining game and the right result for you for coming such a long way.

Just out of interest, was there something in particular that clinched your support Wolves or an accumulation of things? I'm probably like many who inherited the love for the club from a parent (or given the choice of Wolves or being disowned)

M

merseawolf

UTW.

-Alex

tenor.gif
Be a pleasure to meet you before the Derby game. I dont get to many games but usually meet the 2 Nicks Reans and Rhos for a beer.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Good post hopefully you will see promotion whilst your here

USA Wolf

Reaction score
Safe journey over. Take some time to look around Cardiff if you're there the following day as its a wonderful capital city. You won't get a nice welcome from the Cardiff fans but being Welsh and originally from the valleys I'd like to warm welcome to Wales!

It will be a good time, never been obviously so I'm excited to see it, but I won't be hanging around long the next day, unfortunately. I'll take it in in a hurry before the match :D

Safe travels. I hope it's an entertaining game and the right result for you for coming such a long way.

Just out of interest, was there something in particular that clinched your support Wolves or an accumulation of things? I'm probably like many who inherited the love for the club from a parent (or given the choice of Wolves or being disowned)

The clinching moment isn't a grand story, I was playing a competitive game of FIFA and scored a dramatic goal with Wolves and celebrated like it was real life. That was when I knew I'd made a terrible mistake and chosen a club in a far away land and in a city that no one here has heard of :D

My interest was first piqued when I was playing New Star Soccer on my phone some time well before my daughter was born and I saw all of these clubs names after their city, then I saw these plucky "Woves" fellas. Who do they think they are? I decided to find out :D

Be a pleasure to meet you before the Derby game. I dont get to many games but usually meet the 2 Nicks Reans and Rhos for a beer.

Then our meeting is already destined! :D

Great post @USA Wolf , hope you see us win promotion while over.
UTW
PS I got my wife to read this...............you never know ;)

Haha, if anything else, it was a good excuse for her to get me out of her hair for a week :D

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry I won't be with you to share the Cardiff experience, but will see you Saturday at the Western with Brighty and a few more.
Everyone else is more than welcome to join us. Hopefully including Edg and Mark of course.
After all, Alex is paying!!!!!!!

Safe travels mate. Not long now.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Safe journey Alex.
The Wolves Family welcomes your passion and devotion, despite you not having experienced the many lows on our journey over the years.
The Mighty Gold and Black will soon be back where we rightfully belong.
Wolves ONLY Wolves!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice one Alex,hope to enjoy a pint or two with ya again.Have a safe journey mate.;)

E

Edgmond Wolf

Sorry I won't be with you to share the Cardiff experience, but will see you Saturday at the Western with Brighty and a few more.
Everyone else is more than welcome to join us. Hopefully including Edg and Mark of course.

I will miss the Western...I am on a cruise till I pick him up on Monday....

stroud wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Safe trip over Alex.
Will look out for you at Cardiff.
Will be great if we can all celebrate promotion whilst your here.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a good time, never been obviously so I'm excited to see it, but I won't be hanging around long the next day, unfortunately. I'll take it in in a hurry before the match :D

The clinching moment isn't a grand story, I was playing a competitive game of FIFA and scored a dramatic goal with Wolves and celebrated like it was real life. That was when I knew I'd made a terrible mistake and chosen a club in a far away land and in a city that no one here has heard of :D

My interest was first piqued when I was playing New Star Soccer on my phone some time well before my daughter was born and I saw all of these clubs names after their city, then I saw these plucky "Woves" fellas. Who do they think they are? I decided to find out :D

Then our meeting is already destined! :D

Haha, if anything else, it was a good excuse for her to get me out of her hair for a week :D

I’m on another forum (video games) and the guy who wrote NSS is in there all the time!

Great game until he sold it.

USA Wolf

Reaction score

Looking forward to buying you a Bathams, as long as they still have it!

As in Sky TV or Sky Sun?

:D :D :D

Safe journey Alex.
The Wolves Family welcomes your passion and devotion, despite you not having experienced the many lows on our journey over the years.
The Mighty Gold and Black will soon be back where we rightfully belong.
Wolves ONLY Wolves!

I will make y'all proud.

Nice one Alex,hope to enjoy a pint or two with ya again.Have a safe journey mate.;)

I will, and we will!

I will miss the Western...I am on a cruise till I pick him up on Monday....

Don't worry, Edgy. None of us will have any fun :D

Safe trip over Alex.
Will look out for you at Cardiff.
Will be great if we can all celebrate promotion whilst your here.

;) Would be unprecedented, wouldn't it? I hold out hope, but I'd be happy with three draws :D

Love the tags btw :D

Eagle eyes! :D

Welcome and please sing your heart out on Friday.

I've been waiting 40 games to belt out some tunes. I know Cav/Nuno had a dream by heart, so I've got half the catalog down :D :D :D

My ticket won't be wasted. Assurances aplenty ;)

I’m on another forum (video games) and the guy who wrote NSS is in there all the time!

Great game until he sold it.

Tell him I love him! Don't forget to seek me out prior to Birmingham!

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@USA Wolf yes mate no worries! We’ll meet for a beer before hand maybe?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoy it Alex.
Unfortunately I have only been to one game this season and that was the 2 0 defeat to Forest.
Will has never seen a Wolves win.
I don't think I will get to the golden palace again this season sadly. Please give Edge a big man hug for me!
UTW.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope you inspire the same type of results as Erick did when he came over in the league one season.......
Unbelievable....and a great guy as well.

D

Deleted member 5242

Super stuff Alex. Have a great time and bring some good luck over with you, UTW!

Back
Top Bottom