Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the worst final series to a TV show since Lost. Utter let down, least Dinklage got some good "give me an Emmy" speeches

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that was underwhelming.

I guess GRRM gets what he wanted now. Wrote the books with an ever expanding storyline and didn’t know how to bring it back together; so he quickly jotted down a few ideas to give to the TV series to see how it falls. He’ll change it if he ever finishes the books and pretend it was what he always intended.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So the pantsers were top trumped by the plotters and we’re left where we started. Door is open for GoT 8.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The wasn't an ending that was the setting up of a new series

I liked how only the Dragon had the sensibility to see beyond the squabble for the Iron Throne

D

Deleted member 3751

It needed wrapping up, I'm not sure what people expected.

The last episode had a bit of a LOTR and last game of the season feel about it but what was there left to do? The thing as a whole has been epic, to expect the ending to be as brilliant as the first sixty odd hours is a little naive in my opinion. Same as expecting a war which in the show has lasted a little over a couple of months (Cersei was pregnant in series 7 but still not 'showing' when she died) to have loads of political episodes and be more drawn out because people thought it was rushed.

Plus I suppose it gives GRRM free reign to take the books wherever he wants... I might have to read a book for the second time in my adult life!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Agree, I thought it had been a great 5 episodes but the final one was a disappointment for me.
I just think they wanted to compartmentalise everything rather than leave it hanging with the possibility of a further series further down the line .

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
So Jon Snow killed all his women and lived happily ever after with his dog.

The End.

D

Deleted member 5910

An OK ending that at no point was really moving or satisfying.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as endings go I reckon its nearly as bad as sons of anarchy!

Sons was a daft ending but Dexter is the worst ending ever.

It's so bad that apparently they were/are considering addressing it by doing a new episode /series.

That might just be an urban myth however.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But yeah, **** ending.

As someone said, there's potentially 4 spin-offs. I can see Aryas being the big one.

She needs to exploit the faces wearing bit, a little more.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've read a lot of chatter about Dinklage's performance being a triumph for the disabled.

I don't see the point in mentioning his disability. You wouldn't say that a scene was spoiled or enhanced because of anyone elses height, weight, etc.

He's been awesome throughout the whole of GOTs. Why draw attention to anything other than the mastery of his craft.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The opening scenes with Dany infront of her army and her speech was like something from a Hitler rally. Crazy bitch.
I thought the ending was Ok but i did expect Jon to sit on the throne in the end, once he killed dany i thought he was going to grow a pair of balls and claim the throne as the rightful ruler. I didn't really feel any emotion for Bran becoming king at all. When its a Bran scene its just Zzzzzzzzz.
I liked the endings for Sansa and Arya though.
The emotional bit for me was Brienne filling out Jaimes page in that book.
And finally Jon gave Ghost some attention.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Really disappointed with the ending and the final series in general. They tried to cram far too much character development into the last three episodes and it finished on a bit of a wimper.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It did make me laugh when Tyrion's justification for Bran being King was that he had a good story and no one has a better story than Bran.

There's this guy called Jon Snow. A ******* who joined the nights watch, became lord commander, was murdered and then resurrected because he had a greater purpose. Became king in the north, united much of the realm (including wildlings from beyond the wall) against the real threat and fought the living dead. It then turns out he's also the true heir to the iron throne, the prince that was promised. He literally is the song of Ice and fire.

But sure, Bran has the best story. Just a shame they made Jon such a boring sap in the last season. I would have much preferred it if Daenerys had stabbed him.

D

Deleted member 5910

Whomever's decision it was to make the final season 7 episodes needs firing. The ubiquitous complaint about this season is how rushed it feels. This surely would have been helped by having a typical 10-13 episode season, perhaps with a 2 hour feature length finale that subsumed the White Walkers and King's Landing battles, and expanded on the Night King. There was no real sense of satisfaction in how things ultimately wrapped up, and the deaths of key characters that have developed over the best part of a decade elicited no real visceral response- because of how neatly everything went from A to B to C, and how predictable things had become.

I predicted that Jon would kill Daenerys and that Tyrion would be crucial in forming some form of senate after the traditional monarchy became dissolved. I almost got the latter part right (it was some sort of odd elective monarchy instead). The only other key event I didn't see was Bran becoming King, probably because it was a really rather dull turn of affairs. I shouldn't be able to predict the final episode as easily as this- where were the twists and shocks that the show is known for?

D

Deleted member 5962

Whomever's decision it was to make the final season 7 episodes needs firing. The ubiquitous complaint about this season is how rushed it feels. This surely would have been helped by having a typical 10-13 episode season, perhaps with a 2 hour feature length finale that subsumed the White Walkers and King's Landing battles, and expanded on the Night King. There was no real sense of satisfaction in how things ultimately wrapped up, and the deaths of key characters that have developed over the best part of a decade elicited no real visceral response- because of how neatly everything went from A to B to C, and how predictable things had become.

I predicted that Jon would kill Daenerys and that Tyrion would be crucial in forming some form of senate after the traditional monarchy became dissolved. I almost got the latter part right (it was some sort of odd elective monarchy instead). The only other key event I didn't see was Bran becoming King, probably because it was a really rather dull turn of affairs. I shouldn't be able to predict the final episode as easily as this- where were the twists and shocks that the show is known for?

Problem is, when a show becomes known for shocks and twists, they become predictable. Sad thing is, none of this was unpredictable, they telegraphed every damned thing this season, I actually ****ed my wife off by calling every single major event before it happened all season, to the point she told me I wasnt allowed to speak for the finale.

D

Deleted member 5910

Problem is, when a show becomes known for shocks and twists, they become predictable. Sad thing is, none of this was unpredictable, they telegraphed every damned thing this season, I actually ****ed my wife off by calling every single major event before it happened all season, to the point she told me I wasnt allowed to speak for the finale.
I think when it comes to ending a saga, you might approach it in one of two ways. You go for something maybe a little obvious and by the numbers, but undoubtedly satisfying (like Breaking Bad, Battlestar Galactica or even Lord of the Rings), or you go for the darker "Holy ****!" twist (like a Twin Peaks). Game of Thrones did neither really. It was lukewarm, just like the entire season overall.

D

Deleted member 3751

The opening scenes with Dany infront of her army and her speech was like something from a Hitler rally. Crazy bitch.
I thought the ending was Ok but i did expect Jon to sit on the throne in the end, once he killed dany i thought he was going to grow a pair of balls and claim the throne as the rightful ruler. I didn't really feel any emotion for Bran becoming king at all. When its a Bran scene its just Zzzzzzzzz.
I liked the endings for Sansa and Arya though.
The emotional bit for me was Brienne filling out Jaimes page in that book.
And finally Jon gave Ghost some attention.
See I liked Jon's end. He never wanted to be a leader, but was thrown into it because he was the best at it. As someone who committed his life to 'defending the realms of men' and always fought for what he believed was freedom, I found it quite ironic that after realising his queen was ****ing demented and ready to burn everyone and everything if they didn't submit to her rule, he kills her then ends up off with the 'Freefolk' in the north and became truly free in the place he most felt at home

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See I liked Jon's end. He never wanted to be a leader, but was thrown into it because he was the best at it. As someone who committed his life to 'defending the realms of men' and always fought for what he believed was freedom, I found it quite ironic that after realising his queen was ****ing demented and ready to burn everyone and everything if they didn't submit to her rule, he kills her then ends up off with the 'Freefolk' in the north and became truly free in the place he most felt at home
Yeah i wouldn't say i didn't like Jon's ending, the ending with the free folk and all was good i just always had it in my mind he'd be the one to sit on the throne. Though he didn't want it, i thought after his talks with Varys and Tyrion that it might of clicked that the best ruler might be the one who doesn't really want it (Though Bran was the same) Especially considering all the great things he's done for the people.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's typical of a franchise that has no end.

Basically they milk it for all it's worth until the teat runs dry.

... And... Basically they have to tie the sloppy ends up.

In many ways it's better to just stop, or have it cancelled. People will then forever reflect on what could have been. The unfulfilled potential.

Having to fudge it with a lacklustre finale is so disappointing.

We have a go at America at Hollywood for good guy USA endings but they're better than that ****e

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it had been a 10-12 episode season then it still would have felt rushed, cramming in the Battle of Winterfell, 'Battle' of Kings Landing and the megalomaniac Dany. The former could have been a perfect end of season episode, and the others maybe taking up another season between them but I guess the writers weren't up to the job, without anything detailed from Martin.

It was an ok ending. A bit cheesy in places (Sam advocating democracy with universal suffrage?! In a medieval setting? The concussive force of dragon breath is one thing, but now they're really taking the mick!!) and no real debate about Bran taking charge. Did Tyrion get Casterly Rock? Was everyone fine with Bronn getting Highgarden? What happens to the Dothraki (seems strange seeing them walking around town like normal folk). As endings go, it rates similar to the Sopranos for me. Does the job but not overly satisfying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5962

If it had been a 10-12 episode season then it still would have felt rushed, cramming in the Battle of Winterfell, 'Battle' of Kings Landing and the megalomaniac Dany. The former could have been a perfect end of season episode, and the others maybe taking up another season between them but I guess the writers weren't up to the job, without anything detailed from Martin.

It was an ok ending. A bit cheesy in places (Sam advocating democracy with universal suffrage?! In a medieval setting? The concussive force of dragon breath is one thing, but now they're really taking the mick!!) and no real debate about Bran taking charge. Did Tyrion get Casterly Rock? Was everyone fine with Bronn getting Highgarden? What happens to the Dothraki (seems strange seeing them walking around town like normal folk). As endings go, it rates similar to the Sopranos for me. Does the job but not overly satisfying.

The dothraki and unsullied sailed off to die of a horrifying disease, because the writers of the TV show didn't really read the books so forgot what happens to foreigners on the isle of Naath.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, to summarise, GoT starts with the lot who fight under a wolf banner, being led by a gritty northerner with a Yorkshire accent. Things start to go awry and they end up in a bigger mess when the gritty Yorkshire accented bloke gets the chop. Things go from bad to worse, but after several years, it starts to pick up for them, led by a likeable bloke with a beard until (with the help of some foreigners) they end up ruling domestically and over the rest of the continent. Oh, and their rivals House Bolton end up in oblivion, *******s and all (illegitimates, assuming the swear filter kicks in).

Is it me or does this sound familiar?

Anyway, since the series has come to an end, how about a bit of fun. Are there any GoT characters that remind you of people in football?

D

Deleted member 5910

Anyway, since the series has come to an end, how about a bit of fun. Are there any GoT characters that remind you of people in football?
Ser Davos has more than a passing resemblance to Alan Shearer, and both speak with a Geordie accent.

866904.jpg
latest

Ser Davos------------------------------------------------Alan Shearer

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ser Davos has more than a passing resemblance to Alan Shearer, and both speak with a Geordie accent.

866904.jpg
latest

Ser Davos------------------------------------------------Alan Shearer

Ser Davos was the Onion Knight whilst Shearer certainly knew where the onion bag was.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Following the whole Spygate thing, Marcelo Bielsa has to be football's answer to Varys.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And who could forget Whelan the Broken - brutally thrown out of a tower window in the 1960 Cup Final.

Edit:
And he's since transformed into the three eyed **** (alternative name for rooster, if the swear filter kicks in).

Last edited:

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whenever Danerys started on her ridiculous intro.

I am Queen Daenerys Stormborn of house Targaryen
First of her name
Queen of the Andals, ruler of the Seven kingdoms.
Protector of the Realm
Breaker of chains, the unburnt, The Mother of Dragons

It was virtually time for an advert break.

It always reminded me of this from Boosh.

D

Deleted member 3751

Being obsessed with GoT, far more than I'm obsessed with Villa or Albion. I watched the "Last Watch" thing, basically behind the scenes of the making. Interesting that when doing the script reading, they said Jon kills Dany... end of Game of Thrones - but obviously leaving it there would have caused uproar and a half! And wouldn't have remotely closed anything out

D

Deleted member 3751

Whenever Danerys started on her ridiculous intro.

I am Queen Daenerys Stormborn of house Targaryen
First of her name
Queen of the Andals, ruler of the Seven kingdoms.
Protector of the Realm
Breaker of chains, the unburnt, The Mother of Dragons

It was virtually time for an advert break.

It always reminded me of this from Boosh.

And also known by some as 'Cillit Bang' in the live show!

Back
Top Bottom