Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gabby Agbonlahor (not dead, just brain dead)

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What have we done to this guy for him to hate us so much? There’s more chance of Putin winning the Nobel Peace Prize that this throbber saying anything positive about us.

All the Sky pundits + Mike Dean ffs, all the MOTD pundits and every other radio pundit has said Luton’s penalty is probably the worst decision of the season so far except this weapon, who said it was a clear penalty.

Did Jeff run over his dog or something?

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What have we done to this guy for him to hate us so much? There’s more chance of Putin winning the Nobel Peace Prize that this throbber saying anything positive about us.

All the Sky pundits + Mike Dean ffs, all the MOTD pundits and every other radio pundit has said Luton’s penalty is probably the worst decision of the season so far except this weapon, who said it was a clear penalty.

Heard him too. Think you have answered your own question in the thread title :)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would argue that Gordon's handball has since surpassed the Luton penalty as the single most worst decision of the season.

Other than that you're spot on.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sure that the constant chants about his mum didn't exactly endear Wolves fans to him....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s undoubtedly stupid, but no more stupid than people who think he absolutely believes in what he says. It’s Talksport, he’s on there to be controversial. Do people think Jamie Ohara believes what he says as well?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I would argue that Gordon's handball has since surpassed the Luton penalty as the single most worst decision of the season.

Other than that you're spot on.
Absolutely not the case. I haven't heard Gabby, I don't care what he thinks and care even less what he says. The Gordon handball would drive me mad if it was against us, but the laws (right or wrong) were correctly applied.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fool doesn't even realise that he's only on there for amusement of other presenters ......his shoe size is bigger than his IQ
Have you actually met him? He is actually a nice bloke who is more than aware he is paid to be more extreme on his radio presented views than what he actually thinks as phone calls make listeners, calls make money and now make social media engagement which creates more money and sponsors.

He doesn’t rate wolves, like most villa fans….. he is simply speaking about wolves in a way that a normal villa fan does down the pub.

Be fair, he wasn’t wrong in his statement when he made it last season….. before JL we looked nailed on for relegation. If JL hadn’t come in he was going to be bang on the money!

This season, he isn’t wrong when he speaks about wolves. Just some people are too precious to accept the truth that we are a relegation fodder team who will battle for survival till possibly the final day.

He isn’t the sharpest knife in the draw, what pro footballer is? He knew he was going to make it so put his eggs into the playing basket and had done very well for himself in wages as a player and being a nice personable bloke in professional radio/media settings is making good money on the radio.

This agbonlahor hatred is bloody stupid……

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agbonlahor is just rage baiting. Everytime someone bites or calls into a talk show he is on, they are just legitimising his extreme opinions being on air.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bloke is a villa fan who is on the wind up to create revenue and listeners…..

And he completes his job to an excellent standard looking at the meltdown he causes on here.

Like that Harry mansell phoning in a few weeks back….. he thinks he won because he got his point over and he got a few extra hits on his socials and YouTube

But agbonlahor scored a 10:8 round victory……. He got a caller, massive traction to their socials and YouTube clip and he made wolves fans look like total prats……

You are seriously actually helping the bloke by caring so much about what he says!!!!

Ignore him and accept he is playing to a role and eventually he loses his power and his ability to be prime time show featured starts to go down.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Wolves fan weeks before this " never a penalty decision" rages into Gabby A and Jamie O :)

Last edited:

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read that Troy Deeney was offered a gig at Talksport doing what Gabby does but turned it down based on the fact he was encouraged to make really outlandish views to get calls.
Basically whereas Deeney has some self respect, Gabby doesnt.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read that Troy Deeney was offered a gig at Talksport doing what Gabby does but turned it down based on the fact he was encouraged to make really outlandish views to get calls.
Deeney is still in the game, Gabby isn't.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely not the case. I haven't heard Gabby, I don't care what he thinks and care even less what he says. The Gordon handball would drive me mad if it was against us, but the laws (right or wrong) were correctly applied.
Having reviewed the current laws of the game, you are in fact correct. Incredibly so, but you're correct nonetheless.

The current rule book needs shredding. The rule makers can join the rule book in the bin. I give up, the PL is finished. The Worlds best players are subject to the officiating of idiots...

**** 'em all off and start again. The best league in the World should be cherry picking the best officials in the World and the greatest footballing minds should be responsible for the laws. The current mob are not fit for purpose.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Having reviewed the current laws of the game, you are in fact correct. Incredibly so, but you're correct nonetheless.

The current rule book needs shredding. The rule makers can join the rule book in the bin. I give up, the PL is finished. The Worlds best players are subject to the officiating of idiots...

**** 'em all off and start again. The best league in the World should be cherry picking the best officials in the World and the greatest footballing minds should be responsible for the laws. The current mob are not fit for purpose.
Thanks. The laws are currently made by IFAB though, not the PL. They are (allegedly) the greatest minds in the footballing world! Although they are a very strangely structured organisation to be fair, four home nations and FIFA!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We used to sing a song about his mother, that's why he hates us so much.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you actually met him? He is actually a nice bloke who is more than aware he is paid to be more extreme on his radio presented views than what he actually thinks as phone calls make listeners, calls make money and now make social media engagement which creates more money and sponsors.

He doesn’t rate wolves, like most villa fans….. he is simply speaking about wolves in a way that a normal villa fan does down the pub.

Be fair, he wasn’t wrong in his statement when he made it last season….. before JL we looked nailed on for relegation. If JL hadn’t come in he was going to be bang on the money!

This season, he isn’t wrong when he speaks about wolves. Just some people are too precious to accept the truth that we are a relegation fodder team who will battle for survival till possibly the final day.

He isn’t the sharpest knife in the draw, what pro footballer is? He knew he was going to make it so put his eggs into the playing basket and had done very well for himself in wages as a player and being a nice personable bloke in professional radio/media settings is making good money on the radio.

This agbonlahor hatred is bloody stupid……
Lol …. You his agent ?

Don’t hate him , actually find myself laughing at some of the crap he comes out with , especially non football related

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s to get a reaction, don’t give it him.

The fact his own mother thinks he’s a **** and not worth bothering with for years speaks volumes to me.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep.

I listen to Talksport on the drive to work and drive home. Sometimes on matchdays as well. Ally Mcoist is top notch. Gobby Galore on the other hand mostly drones on to wind people up.

bigwolf

Reaction score

And yet Mike Dean said it was wrong. The clown.

As for Gabby Gobble it's just part of the ongoing dumbing down of sports coverage.

The increase in ex pros in the media has resulted in awful analysis and coverage.

Whilst the great insight offered up by fantastic journalists is being pushed aside.

Alas it's all about the speculation and winding up of fans for clicks these days.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol …. You his agent ?

Don’t hate him , actually find myself laughing at some of the crap he comes out with , especially non football related
Hahaha, I wish I was!!! He is making good money!!!!

I know two ex-players who did radio work and they weren’t exactly shy of baiting fans to call in by using overly extreme views that they didn’t actually have.

They used to have a side bet, on who could “hook” the best fan response!!

It is almost a game and new sport for these radio pundits, people need to understand this. They get those calls, raising money and visibility they stay on the prime time slots and earn better money as for people like him he is on an incentivised contract so the more people he gets engagement with the more likely he earns bigger bucks on the better shows.

That slows down, we hear less of him….. he isn’t a massive name at talksport, so he could be “forgotten” about and a new mouthpiece to replace him could easily happen if people stop biting for him.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Wolves fan weeks before this " never a penalty decision" rages into Gabby A and Jamie O :)

This is the Harry mansell one I was talking about……

He got absolutely mugged off!!! And played into their hands and gave talksport EVERYTHING they wanted…….

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks. The laws are currently made by IFAB though, not the PL. They are (allegedly) the greatest minds in the footballing world! Although they are a very strangely structured organisation to be fair, four home nations and FIFA!

The PL has a different implementation of the rules to UEFA. Therefore they must have the authority in their own competition to tweak the guidelines handed down by IFAB.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know then who I feel most sorry for Ag-bore-ing or those who actually listen to Talksport.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
The PL has a different implementation of the rules to UEFA. Therefore they must have the authority in their own competition to tweak the guidelines handed down by IFAB.
Well I'm open to correction, maybe @Jonzy54 can help out.

As I understand it

IFAB write the laws
The PGMOL can add clarification or interpretation of the laws.
All of this is independent of the EPL.

However the relevant law that made the Newcastle one not handball is the IFAB Law.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thread title is the most fitting and appropriate ever

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know then who I feel most sorry for Ag-bore-ing or those who actually listen to Talksport.
The breakfast show is on the whole still a great listen. I don’t actually mind Gabby, he’s there for amusement. McCoist, Parlour and Natalie Sawyers are great and Brazil has mellowed the last few years. The show after with Simon Jordan is top drawer. He’s exceptional in my view, really knowledgeable about football (obviously) and due to his previous experience gives a different viewpoint to the financial side of football, really knowledgeable about lots of sport.

After that it’s junk though, afternoon, drive time and evenings are all pretty rubbish

Henry Hill

Reaction score
The breakfast show is on the whole still a great listen. I don’t actually mind Gabby, he’s there for amusement. McCoist, Parlour and Natalie Sawyers are great and Brazil has mellowed the last few years. The show after with Simon Jordan is top drawer. He’s exceptional in my view, really knowledgeable about football (obviously) and due to his previous experience gives a different viewpoint to the financial side of football, really knowledgeable about lots of sport.

After that it’s junk though, afternoon, drive time and evenings are all pretty rubbish
Totally agree with you. Gabby's just winding Wolves fans up as I'm sure he's been told to do (and by Christ it's working!) Simon Jordan is top notch and generally puts Gabby in his place (although, I did laugh out loud at Gabby's comment that Jordan had lost 50 million at Palace yet he (Gabby) was supposed to be the thick one!) Used to love Hawkesby and Jacobs but I think it's time to move them to another slot or a different type of show? Just sayin'

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do sometimes get riled by his anti-Wolves stuff but as said, that's what he's there for and he is a Villa fan after all. He does seem to take everything in good spirit though. Agree with SBK, Simon Jordan is excellent.

Jeff Stelling is taking over the breakfast show in December on Mondays and Tuesdays

loppers86

Reaction score

he just knows how to get a rise… caught you hook, line and sinker (to mix angling metaphors).

just treat him as if he were already dead.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's difficult to reconcile the idea that Agbonlahor is a nice bloke with the idea that he disingenuously antagonises people for money. It seems the antithesis of nice. Talk****E mostly has pundits and presenters who resist the urge to do that. Jordan has strong views but he doesn't feel the need to wind people up. Methinks Gobby enjoys the running battle he has with Wolves fans on Twitter and that bleeds over into his job. If anyone needs to get off the smart phone and touch grass, it's him.

Back
Top Bottom