Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gabby Agbonlahor (not dead, just brain dead)

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to believe that he has the audacity to criticise us for lack of goals when you look at his record for villa in his final years when he was on mega money
Screenshot_20230925_180647_Chrome.jpg
Admittedly he got about 1 in 3 in three seasons prior.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Well I'm open to correction, maybe @Jonzy54 can help out.

As I understand it

IFAB write the laws
The PGMOL can add clarification or interpretation of the laws.
All of this is independent of the EPL.

However the relevant law that made the Newcastle one not handball is the IFAB Law.
As I have maintained for years many of the laws start off with ‘In the opinion of the Referee ‘ therefore it will always be subjective and a Kop out:

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The breakfast show is on the whole still a great listen. I don’t actually mind Gabby, he’s there for amusement. McCoist, Parlour and Natalie Sawyers are great and Brazil has mellowed the last few years. The show after with Simon Jordan is top drawer. He’s exceptional in my view, really knowledgeable about football (obviously) and due to his previous experience gives a different viewpoint to the financial side of football, really knowledgeable about lots of sport.

After that it’s junk though, afternoon, drive time and evenings are all pretty rubbish
Apart from when Danny Kelly is on in the evening. He's excellent.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The breakfast show is on the whole still a great listen. I don’t actually mind Gabby, he’s there for amusement. McCoist, Parlour and Natalie Sawyers are great and Brazil has mellowed the last few years. The show after with Simon Jordan is top drawer. He’s exceptional in my view, really knowledgeable about football (obviously) and due to his previous experience gives a different viewpoint to the financial side of football, really knowledgeable about lots of sport.

After that it’s junk though, afternoon, drive time and evenings are all pretty rubbish
Danny Kelly is the best thing on TS.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beyond Simon Jordan is there anyone with an ounce of grey cells on Talktripe?
I only ask as I don’t listen anymore.
Having waded through hours of advertisements for the building trade the prize was blood pressure increasing patronising nonsense. Mainly for older men who think English Football is only played inside the M25

Last edited:

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Superb title lol
He's an antagonist, that's the only reason he's employed. Totally thick as pig **** other than that.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Thick as pig ****e and can't even string a sentence together but he's right

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Beyond Simon Jordan is there anyone with an ounce of grey cells on Talktripe?
I only ask as I don’t listen anymore.
Having waded through hours of advertisements for the building trade the prize was blood pressure increasing patronising nonsense. Mainly for older men who think English Football is only played inside the M25
I was listening the other morning and Ray Parlour was on, saying how he loved visiting different places when reporting for TalkSport. “I go all over the place, not just The Emirates…Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham, Fulham, Brentford…all over. I was even up at Luton the other week!”

Subconscious London/Southern bias.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What I can't understand about the titular numpty is that, if you are a biased idiot, why keep advertising the fact.. I doubt that I am alone in not being in the slightest bit interested in what he has to say on any subject.

by posting his articles you are not exactly showing that you are not interested in what he has to say lol

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
by posting his articles you are not exactly showing that you are not interested in what he has to say lol
The fact that Agbonlahor can't see the irony and contradiction in saying that our results have been really poor with 1 win in 10 but we have apparently 'been getting away with murder' tells you all you need to know about how much weight you should give his opinion.

Should we have voluntarily given some points back out of courtesy in his eyes?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately what Gobbay Gabbay is saying is right, we’ve fallen off a cliff from our own doing. Let him enjoy his moment while it’s almost 30 years with no trophy for the biggest team in the midlands. Joke is on them unfortunately 4th or not they cheated to get there by overspending and also got away with it in the championship so nothing but financial cheats same as Everton and forest in my eyes. Thankfully nobody can match Man City which is always good to keep the other clubs quiet and but hurt

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets face it, there was more chance of Israel winning Eurovision or Vladimir Putin winning the Nobel Peace Prize than Gabby Agbonlahor ever saying anything positive about Wolves

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately he can’t be objective and lets his bias come through.

However he might have a point.

Beware the ides of Lage….

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll break the mould here, I actually don’t mind Gabby at all. He plays a panto villain on TS to wind people up and make the show worth talking about.

on the whole he talks a lot of sense but he’s got a blind spot for Villa and Wolves in one can’t do any wrong and one can’t do any right. He’s a million times better than the likes of Danny Murphy and the absolute pits that is Martin Keown. The latter could talk a glass eye to sleep.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll break the mould here, I actually don’t mind Gabby at all. He plays a panto villain on TS to wind people up and make the show worth talking about.

on the whole he talks a lot of sense but he’s got a blind spot for Villa and Wolves in one can’t do any wrong and one can’t do any right. He’s a million times better than the likes of Danny Murphy and the absolute pits that is Martin Keown. The latter could talk a glass eye to sleep.

Agree ....hes's worth being on for the comedy value he brings ........his shoe size is bigger than his IQ

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree ....hes's worth being on for the comedy value he brings ........his shoe size is bigger than his IQ
He’s the perfect accompaniment to McCoist and Brazil and brings some genuine light hearted relief. His weekly rant about Anthony at United justifies his salary alone

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever people have as a personal opinion, on this occasion he is correct and stating the blindingly obvious .
It is undeniable

Back
Top Bottom