Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

frankowski

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he is no longer listed on the wolves world website, does he no longer have a contract or has he moved on?

B

Bradders

Moxey bought him with his bonus. Now to be seen collecting pies from the pie shop and cutting his grass.

R

robbeec

I think his contract runs out at the end of the season if we dont take up the extra year option

P

Phoenix

I'm not sure if something like this has been posted before, but do you think this is what Franeks agent showed Glenn Hoddle?

[youtube]LrM5LaArOss[/youtube]

He's not the first player we have ruined :p

J

Jamboon

Looked at his stats earlier today to check how he was doing.

Played 18, started 14, subbed off 9.

Goals 3

Not in the team at the moment

Oxford Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's some really impressive finishing in that video, shame he couldn't reproduce it for us.

H

Hatch End Wolf

I think the Franko we got was a ringer. The real one probably grew a moustache, dyed his hair and now scores lots of goals every week in some South American league............................well it's just as likely as us signing a striker who scored goals right up to the moment we got him and has never scored since!

U

Ulster Wolf

I think hes now a forklift driver in Stranraer, i saw him yesterday.:p

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Theres a guy works down the chip shop swears hes Frankowski

mak1

Reaction score
Moxey bought him with his bonus. Now to be seen collecting pies from the pie shop and cutting his grass.

Stop it, stop it now. I cant take any more..........You trying to take over oldwolfcub?? to be the most unfunny poster on WM :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Phoenix

I've tried to find a similar video to prove we ruined Rob Taylor but oddly couldn't.

It remains a private theory that we did. I swear I saw him play well for Leyton Orient, Brentford, Gillingham and Man City at least once each. You can fool Colin Lee (or was it Dave Jones?) some of the time but at least 4 other managers ??!!??

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure if something like this has been posted before, but do you think this is what Franeks agent showed Glenn Hoddle?

[youtube]LrM5LaArOss[/youtube]

He's not the first player we have ruined :p

**** me!! Do we have a recall option?! If you shaved his head & put a gold shirt on him you'd have thought it was Bully!!

C

Cardiff Wolf

As most of these goals were scored in the Polish league I can only assume its a lower standard than both the champo and liga B.
The defences look a long way from being watertight on those clips.

P

Phoenix

Defences never look watertight when goals are scored, whether it's clips of AC Milan or Alfreton.

Yes he was crap for us but it's too easy and wrong to say he is a crap player.

<<< Cue gratuitous pointless anti-Ho*dle rant >>>

He signed a good player who for what ever reason did not make the grade in the Championship. He did not have the nous or man management skills to even try and sort those problems out. The best managers are excellent man managers and can make negatives positive by being pro-active.

Whatever you may think of Sam Allardyce he understands that foreign players need to be looked after and integrated into English football and English life and would surely have got more out of somebody like Frankowski for the benefit of the club.

Frankoswki is a grown up and is responsible for his own success and failures, as we all are, but it highlighted a major and woeful flaw in Glod Hendles managerial capabilities.

<<< Rant over - for now >>>

wolfman27

Reaction score
Oooooo no matron!!!

.... have I got the right Frankowskie?

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a crap player. Jackie Gallagher was a bigger goal threat

glasgowwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defences never look watertight when goals are scored, whether it's clips of AC Milan or Alfreton.

Yes he was crap for us but it's too easy and wrong to say he is a crap player.

<<< Cue gratuitous pointless anti-Ho*dle rant >>>

He signed a good player who for what ever reason did not make the grade in the Championship. He did not have the nous or man management skills to even try and sort those problems out. The best managers are excellent man managers and can make negatives positive by being pro-active.

Whatever you may think of Sam Allardyce he understands that foreign players need to be looked after and integrated into English football and English life and would surely have got more out of somebody like Frankowski for the benefit of the club.

Frankoswki is a grown up and is responsible for his own success and failures, as we all are, but it highlighted a major and woeful flaw in Glod Hendles managerial capabilities.

<<< Rant over - for now >>>
Agreed

A guy with his scoring record is not a crap player. For what ever reason he did not score for Wolves. However his general play was not bad.

IMHO the problem for him was the formation. Looking at him he needed a big player to play off... he was often up front on his own.

W

wanderer24

I feel sorry for Frankowski quite honestly. He was talked up as the answer to all our problems, the solution to Hoddle's game plan coming together. He ended up being a scapegoat for Hoddle's lack of ability in the championship.
YES, he struggled and the goals didn't come but the lad could obviously play and with less expectation and more confidence he could have been a success.
Nowhere else in the country or world are players expected to produce results instantly, as we expected instant goals from him back then due to
Thankfully there is a different attitude around the place this year and players are given more time to blossom.

E

Essex Wolf

I feel sorry for Frankowski quite honestly. He was talked up as the answer to all our problems, the solution to Hoddle's game plan coming together. He ended up being a scapegoat for Hoddle's lack of ability in the championship.
YES, he struggled and the goals didn't come but the lad could obviously play and with less expectation and more confidence he could have been a success.
Nowhere else in the country or world are players expected to produce results instantly, as we expected instant goals from him back then due to
Thankfully there is a different attitude around the place this year and players are given more time to blossom.

Spot on mate.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seem to remember that Drogba had a slow start to his english career.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give it a break. He is $$$$. Hoddle even changed the formation to accommodate him, yet wouldn't do it for Ganea who was/is five times the player Frankowski could ever dream of. Frankowski had more than enough time. Good riddance

W

wanderer24

Give it a break. He is $$$$. Hoddle even changed the formation to accommodate him, yet wouldn't do it for Ganea who was/is five times the player Frankowski could ever dream of. Frankowski had more than enough time. Good riddance

Several of Wenger's signings have been slated and 6/8 months later they prove to be inspired. Frankowski never had the chance to prove anyone wrong.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell!!! Looks to me like a natural goalscorer. We need some one like him now. Big outlay - perhaps worth another try?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
for me his main problem was that at wolves he always seemed to receive the ball with his back to the goal whereas in that video he looks to be running on to a lot of balls. but as said ganea was a better player and not given the chance with nobble.

The Bear

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I remember is Franek up front on his own with Hoddle's 'wide' strikers (ffs!) playing on the left and right wings, and us pumping everything up in the air to him.

Hardly suprising he looked $$$$ and his confidence was shattered really. It was a bad choice of player by Hoddle, but it's odd because we've had a couple of Poles do well in this league. Just look at Rasiak and Saganowski.

D

Davebull

The problem was his age. Thats what made the transfer such a ridiculous gamble in the first place. If for example we had of signed Mcleod and he would have had the same nightmare start, it wouldnt have been as detrimental as at 21 then no probs, stick him in the stiffs or out on loan and no doubt his better days would come back, but at 32 you dont have those options, he is in there to produce instantly.

The other problem was the ludicrous fee ! I still cannot believe this much money was spent on someone that old. There was never any chance we would get anything back on him whether he performed or not.

I dont have any real grudge against the board but how on earth they sanctioned this monstrosity of a deal i will never know. This is not a retrospective look either, I made the same points before the transfer.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem was his age. Thats what made the transfer such a ridiculous gamble in the first place. If for example we had of signed Mcleod and he would have had the same nightmare start, it wouldnt have been as detrimental as at 21 then no probs, stick him in the stiffs or out on loan and no doubt his better days would come back, but at 32 you dont have those options, he is in there to produce instantly.

The other problem was the ludicrous fee ! I still cannot believe this much money was spent on someone that old. There was never any chance we would get anything back on him whether he performed or not.

I dont have any real grudge against the board but how on earth they sanctioned this monstrosity of a deal i will never know. This is not a retrospective look either, I made the same points before the transfer.

Could not agree more. Ineptitude of the highest order and yet look at that bonus Moxey got last year for actually doing something right on the Camara deal. I and many others wrote to him with regard to Frankowski and were of course ignored. That terrible mistake cost us a cool £1.4 million and possibly a play off place. Robert Taylor - £1.5 million down the drain, was also on his watch.The hope is that young and hungry now rules ok and over age players will only be brought in on frees or on loan. But with Wolves you never know. New owners please.

N

Natka

Im so happy that Saganowski and Bialkowski kicked your ass. Polish revenge is done.

0-6, 0-6, 0-6 :D :D :D

Shame that Rasiak was injuried but oh well next time.......

R

Reach For The Sky

i think it's us that needed revenge on the Polish and not the other way round! Frankowski was a complete dud, even when he was set up with an easy chance in front of goal he still missed. In one of his last games for us, I think it was Cameron who felt sorry for the inept Pole and teed the ball up for Frankowski instead of shooting himself. He shouldn't have bothered........

A

As High as a Kightly

Just forget about him!!! No longer a Wolves player and never really was!!!

G

gordonchas

This is the theme that won't die - but it should have been put out of its misery 6 months ago.

I only made any contributions to this board because he was with my team at the time - now I find myself keeping track of Wolves results on Saturdays, however it seems that as time moves on, more people than ever before have realised that Frankowski's move to England was the ruining of a good player rather than who was cack to begin with.

The simple truth is that his Polish compatriots with worse scoring records have flourished at Derby and Southampton. He personally, did very well in Spain prior to his move to England (Valencia considered bidding for him as did Sheffield United but both were put off by the fee, ho, ho). Now he's back in Spain but can't score there either having been quite a hit before, so you can only deduce from that that he's lost all self-belief which a striker rarely recovers from.

My advice to Wolves - write his value down to zero and get someone, anyone, to take him off the books.

Back
Top Bottom