Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Frank Lampard to be sacked

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Felt such a big job was too early in his managerial career but one that he couldn’t resist taking.
I think he still has a good future ahead in football management and will probably drop down a division in order to gain more experience at a lower level. Often teams get an initial lift when a manager has been dismissed but if as some reports suggest he was popular with the players, it will (at least on Wednesday) have the opposite effect.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably didn't need the money anyway, but he will be minted now.
And no doubt get another job soon - maybe assistant at Derby? :wink:

Soapbox

Reaction score
Any manager wanting their club to spend 70m on Declan Rice deserves the sack

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks wickedwolfie, that means a hell of a lot!!!

People see the negative posts, I always say my viewpoints are going to be more on the extreme because of my former life doing video analysis, the focus of my degree and the way I was coached playing high level sport, but I also see and personally know I post more fantastic positives in the playing staff and how fosun have run our club like I have this morning. I just know we are so much more capable of delivering results and better performances than we are even with the injuries. I love this club and am so sad I watched the u23s religiously online all the time when I could before lockdown..... so I am so excited at some of the players we have coming through who deserve a chance.

Again wickedwolfie, thank you I love reading your posts and many others on here so your words mean alot to me.

Get a ****ing room yow 2. :p

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's face it the reason we'll get beat on Wednesday has nothing to do with who is the manager of Chelsea it's because our team is **** from back to front.
At least this excuse make a change from the ref being biased, how many more excuses, we need to get our house in order before we blame our inability to win games on a multitude of irrelevant outside reasons.
Turning a thread about Lampard being sacked into a dig at wolves

Amazing

I don't think we're doing well at the moment but this place is becoming so tedious

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt such a big job was too early in his managerial career but one that he couldn’t resist taking.
I think he still has a good future ahead in football management and will probably drop down a division in order to gain more experience at a lower level. Often teams get an initial lift when a manager has been dismissed but if as some reports suggest he was popular with the players, it will (at least on Wednesday) have the opposite effect.
I think he took the job too soon, but it was probably going to be his only ever chance to do it.

you don’t always get a job offer or a transfer twice to go to a club twice.

so I fully understand why he took the job, even though he wasn’t ready as he had so many happy memories as a player there and is a genuine club legend. I doubt many in his shoes wouldn’t have turned it down either at the clubs they are legends at.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably didn't need the money anyway, but he will be minted now.
And no doubt get another job soon - maybe assistant at Derby? :wink:
Does that make it Wayne Rooney and Frank lampards derby county then? Or does Wayne keep full title ownership of the club in the press?

big question that is

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think his signings suited how Chelsea play at all, if they were his signings?

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think his signings suited how Chelsea play at all, if they were his signings?
Defo weren’t, he wanted Tarkowski and I think Rice. Wasn’t silent about it behind the scenes either.

he wanted to keep loftus cheek and timouri at the club this season but both were sent out on loan one is more than likely to never play for the club again and that really upset him due to the development plan he and the coaches had for the lad.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defo weren’t, he wanted Tarkowski and I think Rice. Wasn’t silent about it behind the scenes either.

he wanted to keep loftus cheek and timouri at the club this season but both were sent out on loan one is more than likely to never play for the club again and that really upset him due to the development plan he and the coaches had for the lad.

I can't believe they are selling Tomori, and I can see them losing money on Havertz and Werner, Havertz doesn't fit in at all and Chelsea seem to ruin strikers regularly and Werner looks like another one

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he took the job too soon, but it was probably going to be his only ever chance to do it.

you don’t always get a job offer or a transfer twice to go to a club twice.

so I fully understand why he took the job, even though he wasn’t ready as he had so many happy memories as a player there and is a genuine club legend. I doubt many in his shoes wouldn’t have turned it down either at the clubs they are legends at.

Agreed. It was the job he wanted, just like if Klopp leaves Liverpool I would expect Steven Gerrard would want the job. The difference is Lampard only had a short time in the championship before the Chelsea job became available, and he would never turn it down. Gerrard though has done well at Rangers, but if offered the managers job at Anfield I am sure he would take it without hesitation.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think expensive players don't respect young or inexperienced managers , its Ok when you are winning but not when losing and there is conflict .

Last edited:

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. It was the job he wanted, just like if Klopp leaves Liverpool I would expect Steven Gerrard would want the job. The difference is Lampard only had a short time in the championship before the Chelsea job became available, and he would never turn it down. Gerrard though has done well at Rangers, but if offered the managers job at Anfield I am sure he would take it without hesitation.
Gerard has also had real challenges at rangers in his short tenure and survived a few derby days. And those games are mental on the pitch, the stands and the streets for so many reasons......

I think gerrard would do a great job in charge at Liverpool if he were to get it. I know it will come in a higher league, but I just think when it comes to footy and being in and around the game there isn’t any thing stevie g cannot be successful with.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gerard has also had real challenges at rangers in his short tenure and survived a few derby days. And those games are mental on the pitch, the stands and the streets for so many reasons......

I think gerrard would do a great job in charge at Liverpool if he were to get it. I know it will come in a higher league, but I just think when it comes to footy and being in and around the game there isn’t any thing stevie g cannot be successful with.

Absolutely. Gerrard has turned Rangers around. Yes I know it's a two horse race in Scotland, but for several years it has been a one horse race. I could be wrong, but I think that when Klopp moves on then Gerrard will be his natural replacement. Not only is he a die hard Liverpool fan, and one of their greatest ever players, he has also shown he has what it takes in management. Unfortunately for Lampard, the opportunity to take over at Stamford Bridge came too early in his managerial career.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only good thing did was bring through Billy Gilmour who I very highly rate personally

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant help but think this is 100% our best time to play them now. No doubt about it, that chelsea dressing room was his and a few of those players now will have their chin on the floor.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SSN reporting that Tuchel will be in the dugout when Chelsea plays Wolves.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thiago Silva may not be too happy Tuchel is taking over....... he wasn’t exactly complimentary about him......

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I would share this video that got sent to me by a chelsea supporting mate that sums up their fan base today. I promise that it is well worth a watch:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I would share this video that got sent to me by a chelsea supporting mate that sums up their fan base today. I promise that it is well worth a watch:

Needs a good haircut, otherwise a decent vid.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs a good haircut, otherwise a decent vid.
In don’t hate the player or the game with that hair cut unfortunately, I am jealous he has that much hair and feel too inadequate in that respect to judge him......

but Neto on the other hand!!!! He loves judging Barnets, let’s see if we can get a tweet from him about it after his views on Fabios luscious locks!!!!

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get him in as a moutinho successor.
Honestly, i know I drop the name a lot..... but I would drop 20-25 million for Ruben Loftus cheek in the summer.....England international with a hunger to get back in, he is a powerful lad, can pass, can header a ball and could even play as the ridiculous false 9 we have seen Otasowie play this season as he has done this and scored goals playing the role in the prem and in Europe.

but Gilmore would be a fantastic addition too.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, i know I drop the name a lot..... but I would drop 20-25 million for Ruben Loftus cheek in the summer.....England international with a hunger to get back in, he is a powerful lad, can pass, can header a ball and could even play as the ridiculous false 9 we have seen Otasowie play this season as he has done this and scored goals playing the role in the prem and in Europe.

Handsome too and given Neto's interview over the weekend where he declared all his teammates ugly, might be a welcome addition to his nights out and act as a strong wingman.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Handsome too and given Neto's interview over the weekend where he declared all his teammates ugly, might be a welcome addition to his nights out and act as a strong wingman.
You see..... extra benefits!!!! Neto might be even smilier if he had a wing man to help him on a night out on the town.

But mind you, neto is young, rich and handsome so a wingman probably isn’t essential to that lad...... mid you they are characteristics I wish I had when I was younger when on a night out on the pull.......

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't really understand what he is whining about? Lampard is clearly struggling, Chelsea have spent a fortune, Lampard deserves the sack. The only error here is the fact that the club did the complete opposite to what this guy is whining about, they did go the romantic, love the spirit of the club route and appoint a club legend to be manager despite not having the credentials for the job.

This guy is just the typical deluded big club fan that lost sight of reality years ago.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't really understand what he is whining about? Lampard is clearly struggling, Chelsea have spent a fortune, Lampard deserves the sack. The only error here is the fact that the club did the complete opposite to what this guy is whining about, they did go the romantic, love the spirit of the club route and appoint a club legend to be manager despite not having the credentials for the job.

This guy is just the typical deluded big club fan that lost sight of reality years ago.
The fans, are getting fed up that they talked about “having a project” and Frank delivered a good season last season and one blip he is gone.

the big money signings that he didn’t want, haven’t delivered and the players he did want weren’t approached.

he like many in their fan base wanted Frank to be given time and they didnt do that.

there are so many echoes in what he says to how people talk on here about backing nuno and giving him time even though results haven’t been good.

Their season is going better than ours, Still in the FA cup, still in the Champions League and still in touching distance of the top 4 and he has been sacked.

The fans knew that he deserved a chance and are upset he hasn’t been given it.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

but Gilmore would be a fantastic addition too.
Tbh honest they have too many good players and a new manager that is probably going to want different ones. We should be sniffing round their cast-offs; see if we can get the next De Bruyne/Mo Salah.

Back
Top Bottom