Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Frank Lampard to be sacked

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gerard has also had real challenges at rangers in his short tenure and survived a few derby days. And those games are mental on the pitch, the stands and the streets for so many reasons......

I think gerrard would do a great job in charge at Liverpool if he were to get it. I know it will come in a higher league, but I just think when it comes to footy and being in and around the game there isn’t any thing stevie g cannot be successful with.
I think also that Liverpool would perhaps be a nurturing and supportive environment for SG to grow into... unlike the purported situation at Chelsea where, despite his "legend" status, I get the feeling that he was never really anything more special than a "normal" manager beyond the clubs ability to use his status to placate the fans. Liverpool, on the other hand does seem a more patient arena in which SG could try to thrive.

While I think that it's true that perhaps such a big job as Chelsea came to early in FL's career, if what you and others say about the circus behind the scenes is true then I truly wonder if there was ever a good time for somebody who is so legendary with the club to take the job. You're right in your earlier post in that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and, in his place, I would probably also 100% take the job at a club that meant such a huge amount to me as a player but if things are true about the lack of control over playing policy and transfers then the bloke was on a hiding to nothing. I have no idea if FL is a good manager or not (it's probably too early to tell at this point) but there's a big part of me that thinks that, having got his "dream job" out of his system, he can perhaps now go and find a job that really suits him and gives him an opportunity to prove himself away from those distractions and pressures... a job where he can call the shots (as much as a modern coach can). He might still fail but at least he can fail being himself, if that makes sense!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fans, are getting fed up that they talked about “having a project” and Frank delivered a good season last season and one blip he is gone.

the big money signings that he didn’t want, haven’t delivered and the players he did want weren’t approached.

he like many in their fan base wanted Frank to be given time and they didnt do that.

there are so many echoes in what he says to how people talk on here about backing nuno and giving him time even though results haven’t been good.

Their season is going better than ours, Still in the FA cup, still in the Champions League and still in touching distance of the top 4 and he has been sacked.

The fans knew that he deserved a chance and are upset he hasn’t been given it.

Glad you wrote all that, some great points. I'm no Lampard fan and it is clearly true that he has been "fast tracked" due to his connections, rather than genuine managerial credentials. However..... everything you say, too. I think it's a crazy decision unless the new guy is a genius...

In December, Chelsea were top of the Premier League and qualified for next stage of Champions League. Six weeks of poor form later... and he's sacked. Form much better than ours over that same time period, too! It is literally "one blip". Compare to Solskjaer who has a blip every other month, they stuck with him, in a similar position to Lampard (i.e. got the job on playing history) - and they seem to be doing OK.

Hoping there's fall out from this - starting with them being in utter chaos against us on Wednesday! And maybe they have a spare high quality player in their collection we could persuade in our direction? Tammy? :) Timo?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any manager wanting their club to spend 70m on Declan Rice deserves the sack

That was allegedly part of the problem. Lampard was insistent on him, but the hierarchy didn’t want the embarrassment of spending a fortune to bring back a former academy ‘flop’.
I’ve slated Rice in the past, mainly because I think he was getting far too much praise too soon, but he is getting better and better.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad you wrote all that, some great points. I'm no Lampard fan and it is clearly true that he has been "fast tracked" due to his connections, rather than genuine managerial credentials. However..... everything you say, too.

In December, Chelsea were top of the Premier League and qualified for next stage of Champions League. Six weeks of poor form later... and he's sacked. Form much better than ours over that same time period, too! It is literally "one blip". Compare to Solskjaer who has a blip every other month, they stuck with him, in a similar position to Lampard (i.e. got the job on playing history) - and they seem to be doing OK.

Hoping there's fall out from this - starting with them being in utter chaos against us on Wednesday! And maybe they have a spare high quality player in their collection we could persuade in our direction? Tammy? :)
Cheers mate, i said many many posts ago on this thread that uncle redknapp, the car window wheeler dealer called the derby chairman and talked him into the meeting.

Frank was hired for the same reason Ole was..... a cynical ploy by the board to divert attention away from themselves by going - hold on, you can’t be mad at us, we gave you what you wanted with a legend as manager. It has backfired big time on Chelsea as Frank is such a legend it has made the sacking even harder to take! They just wasted any good grace they got from the hire as the fans on the whole are completely behind Frank.

And they are more critical of the board over it, than if it had been another manager with no connection to the club.

Sadly mate Tammy will never come to us as during the 5:2 game at the mol he heard monkey chants aimed at him.... not saying it happened but just saying back what I have been told.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think also that Liverpool would perhaps be a nurturing and supportive environment for SG to grow into... unlike the purported situation at Chelsea where, despite his "legend" status, I get the feeling that he was never really anything more special than a "normal" manager beyond the clubs ability to use his status to placate the fans. Liverpool, on the other hand does seem a more patient arena in which SG could try to thrive.

While I think that it's true that perhaps such a big job as Chelsea came to early in FL's career, if what you and others say about the circus behind the scenes is true then I truly wonder if there was ever a good time for somebody who is so legendary with the club to take the job. You're right in your earlier post in that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and, in his place, I would probably also 100% take the job at a club that meant such a huge amount to me as a player but if things are true about the lack of control over playing policy and transfers then the bloke was on a hiding to nothing. I have no idea if FL is a good manager or not (it's probably too early to tell at this point) but there's a big part of me that thinks that, having got his "dream job" out of his system, he can perhaps now go and find a job that really suits him and gives him an opportunity to prove himself away from those distractions and pressures... a job where he can call the shots (as much as a modern coach can). He might still fail but at least he can fail being himself, if that makes sense!
Couldn’t agree more with you mate. He just needs to almost serve a managerial apprenticeship like Rooney and SG are and I am sure he will be ok. Jody Morris is a top quality coach and won’t leave Frank, the sacking of Morris with him is really hitting the fans hard as Morris is Chelsea man and boy, he is one of them and that is an extra kicker for them to take.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers mate, i said many many posts ago on this thread that uncle redknapp, the car window wheeler dealer called the derby chairman and talked him into the meeting.

Frank was hired for the same reason Ole was..... a cynical ploy by the board to divert attention away from themselves by going - hold on, you can’t be mad at us, we gave you what you wanted with a legend as manager. It has backfired big time on Chelsea as Frank is such a legend it has made the sacking even harder to take! They just wasted any good grace they got from the hire as the fans on the whole are completely behind Frank.

And they are more critical of the board over it, than if it had been another manager with no connection to the club.

Sadly mate Tammy will never come to us as during the 5:2 game at the mol he heard monkey chants aimed at him.... not saying it happened but just saying back what I have been told.
Sadly your last para smacks of truth as l remember Shropshire Lad, late of this parish and of basil fame, posting on here to describe the incident below (close to where l sit in the SBU).

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary Neville has come out and said Tuchel
Will be sacked within 2years......

my one and half year snap guess earlier isn’t looking too bad. I am going to go and look at some odds.....

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
SSN expect him to be on the bench against us, not sure if this is good for us or not?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling that new managers always win their first game mid-season when it is against us and, conversely, we never win our first game when we change managers mid-season.

Admittedly, this could be too many years as a Wolves fan though...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fans, are getting fed up that they talked about “having a project” and Frank delivered a good season last season and one blip he is gone.

the big money signings that he didn’t want, haven’t delivered and the players he did want weren’t approached.

he like many in their fan base wanted Frank to be given time and they didnt do that.

there are so many echoes in what he says to how people talk on here about backing nuno and giving him time even though results haven’t been good.

Their season is going better than ours, Still in the FA cup, still in the Champions League and still in touching distance of the top 4 and he has been sacked.

The fans knew that he deserved a chance and are upset he hasn’t been given it.
I wonder whether they thought that Lampard, as a relatively new and inexperienced manager, would be malleable and content to act as their ventriloquist's dummy/front-man? That's backfired spectacularly if so as shafting a club legend never goes down well. I suspect that the reaction would have been much worse if fans were at games.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder whether they thought that Lampard, as a relatively new and inexperienced manager, would be malleable and content to act as their ventriloquist's dummy/front-man? That's backfired spectacularly if so as shafting a club legend never goes down well. I suspect that the reaction would have been much worse if fans were at games.
The sacking of Jody Morris is hurting them too!!!!! His links to the club have stung those fans that live locally!!

He is literally mr Chelsea.... home grown product, played200 games for the first team, coached the likes of mount and other academy grads.... now first team coach.

you don’t get much more, he’s one of our own than that.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sacking of Jody Morris is hurting them too!!!!! His links to the club have stung those fans that live locally!!

He is literally mr Chelsea.... home grown product, played200 games for the first team, coached the likes of mount and other academy grads.... now first team coach.

you don’t get much more, he’s one of our own than that.....
I hadn't realised that he'd gone too. As you say that will go down awfully not only with fans but also with a lot of homegrown players.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hadn't realised that he'd gone too. As you say that will go down awfully not only with fans but also with a lot of homegrown players.
The sacking of lampard is sending shockwaves through the club!!!!!

i have mates whose family are in the academies now, and they are waiting to see what is happening before they decide to stay next season or not.

that is the big issue of being a London based prem academy...... there are a number of other London based footy academies near by.......

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad you wrote all that, some great points. I'm no Lampard fan and it is clearly true that he has been "fast tracked" due to his connections, rather than genuine managerial credentials. However..... everything you say, too. I think it's a crazy decision unless the new guy is a genius...

Hoping there's fall out from this - starting with them being in utter chaos against us on Wednesday! And maybe they have a spare high quality player in their collection we could persuade in our direction? Tammy? :) Timo?
Have to agree with a lot of this.
This is a crazy year. City were way down just a few weeks ago and now Liverpool are slumping, while Utd and Leicester are riding high.
Whether it was stupid to fire Lampard .......well let’s see in about two years.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a crazy year. City were way down just a few weeks ago and now Liverpool are slumping, while Utd and Leicester are riding high.
Believe me, this is a mistake that is going to cause significant harm to the links between local fans and players for decades with the club from this morning.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Believe me, this is a mistake that is going to cause significant harm to the links between local fans and players for decades with the club from this morning.
They'll get it over it with their next trophy.

Reactions: Ian

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They just had an interview with a Chavski supporters club rep on BBC London news who made similar points. He said that he thought that Lampard would have got more time and specifically mentioned the situation at the two Manchester clubs a few weeks ago as an example of how fast things can change this season.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea is the club that I, shall we say, ‘dislike ‘ the mostest. More than Villa or WBA , so to see this ongoing managerial revolving door, short term bandaiding approach is no never mind , to me , ya see? :) :)
Big grin on my face here, folks.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally don't particularly like Frank, but have Chelsea spent/lost similar to other top 6 clubs over the last 3 years? Lost easily their best player in Hazard, reinvested the money in young players, and doing....averagely.
Wierdly they've struggled to defend, then been hard to break down, then been up & down. Anyway, dislike Chelsea more than Sandwell Town, just unhappy at the timing right before we play them.

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never liked Chelsea since the North Bank ‘incident’.

‘You can’t ban a Chelsea fan’!
Nope, but you can stick his head down the bog!!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EsryLebW4AEwQc6

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Can't believe your unemployed, Frank"

Said Christine, Bleakley!

Back
Top Bottom