Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Frank Lampard to be sacked

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His stance and defiance with Kepa was always going to kill him eventually...... he embarrassed the club and forced them to buy another keeper and depreciating the value of what is still the most expensive keeper of all time.

granted kepa is not good enough, but you can’t do what lampard did at a club like Chelsea and think he will be ok when trouble comes.
Trying to force a manager to select players who aren't good enough but were bought as "names". In Kepa's case a player who disrespected both the previous manager and a teammate.... Still expecting that manager to deliver results... The Abramovic way....

It's perhaps not coincidental that Chavski did better when they couldn't make signings...

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is where does Lampard go from here. Managing Chelsea would have been his dream, so this must be a blow of him. Though there could be a vacancy coming soon at Celtic. Lampard v Gerrard all over again.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posters like @JOSWolf, @northnorfolkwolf and @Leamwolf sometimes get grief for negativity on here. All of them, whether other posters agree with them or not, at least post suggestions about what they believe is needed to improve things. They also acknowledge what is good. If your posts are taken at face value there is nothing good at all about the club. That from a purported Wolves fan....
Thanks wickedwolfie, that means a hell of a lot!!!

People see the negative posts, I always say my viewpoints are going to be more on the extreme because of my former life doing video analysis, the focus of my degree and the way I was coached playing high level sport, but I also see and personally know I post more fantastic positives in the playing staff and how fosun have run our club like I have this morning. I just know we are so much more capable of delivering results and better performances than we are even with the injuries. I love this club and am so sad I watched the u23s religiously online all the time when I could before lockdown..... so I am so excited at some of the players we have coming through who deserve a chance.

Again wickedwolfie, thank you I love reading your posts and many others on here so your words mean alot to me.

Last edited:

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to force a manager to select players who aren't good enough but were bought as "names". In Kepa's case a player who disrespected both the previous manager and a teammate.... Still expecting that manager to deliver results... The Abramovic way....

It's perhaps not coincidental that Chavski did better when they couldn't make signings...
Bang on, chelsea is a billionaires real life football manager/ultimate team game. You take that job because not many clubs splash the cash like they do, so it is a win win as you get a near new squad every year and if you fail you get a fantastic pay off, who wouldn’t take this job?

last season Frank built an identity, a culture and a club people know that no matter the transfer fee knew they would get a look in. There wasn’t much of a chance for Roman to step in and interfere.

This season out came the chequebook and back came the expectation to be a good soldier and do what you are told. Frank to his credit stood his ground and i admire him for that, being so fresh into the managerial game.

Last edited:

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is where does Lampard go from here. Managing Chelsea would have been his dream, so this must be a blow of him. Though there could be a vacancy coming soon at Celtic. Lampard v Gerrard all over again.

Depends how much of the summer spending splurge was his idea. It struck me that he was happy enough building a young team without having to integrate stars (no idea if that's the reality), but that was never going to work at Chelsea.

There will ALWAYS be Championship clubs seduced by the star name factor who will happily employ him, he'll pitch up at any club with a half decent chairperson and youth team. He'll end up at a Fulham or Norwich or QPR.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So they will be playing out of their skins for the new manager on Wednesday. Mind you without a striker for now we have no chance against them in any case bar grinding out a 0-0 if the defence was up to it for once this season.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could be an instance where the club lost the dressing room and not the manager.

As I know how popular Frank was with ALL the players even Giroud the only one who was in the squad who had an issue with him was kepa....... he also didn’t want to let Timouri leave for Italy....... he saw next season as being his chance to really compete, now that is gone.

Players like Zouma really looked up to Frank, so he could well make himself available.

I am now texting a certain players uncle again to annoy him into nudging his nephew to us!!! He thought he was getting a season off hahaha

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
just saw they were top in early December, and 5 defeats in 8 games, and he gets axed. I think you gotta look at the players there, unless hes lost the dressing room.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club and abramovic gave a very classy statement to be fair on the sacking in the way they talked about Frank and his work ethic and his standing at the club as a legend.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club and abramovic gave a very classy statement to be fair on the sacking in the way they talked about Frank and his work ethic and his standing at the club as a legend.
How long before JT is manager there???

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite simply amongst his assortment of riches he didnt know what his best team was, but that can also be said for other managers.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure whether this is good news for us or not. The team may be sulking about 'one of their own' getting the sack and not put a great deal of effort in, or, if Tuchel is watching, they may want to impress. Hope we can get something while Chelsea is in some sort of disarray, though.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy world of the premiership and football, especially Chelsea. Most the managers hardly have time to identify with the players and fans before they get moved on with a few more thousands or millions in the bank.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good job Nuno hasn't got the hatchet man at Chelsea in charge! Wonder how long Tuchel will last, if appointed.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it has got to be good for us. Having said that it often follows that a team wins following a sacking. I guess their players will be wanting to impress their new coach and show him what they can do. But two days is not long to pick a team and work out tactics with the squad. Giroud will almost definitely lead the line I would have thought. Lets hope the players feel a little pressure and the sacking destabilises the team for a while.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a question....... how are chelsea going to have Tuchel on Wednesday night in the dug out, yet we won’t have Willian Jose?

I don’t understand, as chelsea are confident to have him set up in time to lead against us.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a question....... how are chelsea going to have Tuchel on Wednesday night in the dug out, yet we won’t have Willian Jose?

I don’t understand, as chelsea are confident to have him set up in time to lead against us.
Managers don't need international clearance and Tuchel is currently unemployed. I have no idea what the work visa criteria for sports coaches are....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how long Frank Lampard will be looking for a new frank Lampard club after frank lampards Chelsea gave frank Lampard his frank Lampard p45. Frank.

Lampard.
If Stevie G moves on then Steve Gerrard's Rangers can become Frank Lampard's Rangers....

He's unlikely to go back to Shrek's Derby County....

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's all bad, Frank was very popular, it could go anyway
Very popular with everyone apart from big chunks of the squad.
Tried to do it the Jose way, bezzies with his core group then cut the rest dead.
Need the reputation, charisma, and settled first team of superstars for that approach to work, and even then, it can fall flat on its **** in a hurry.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was leaning towards Brendan Rodgers replacing Lampard eventually, although I assumed that would be at the end of the season. Rodgers is more than willing to jump ship if a better offer is on the table and I can see him doing well with the players at Chelsea. If Lampard does go now I reckon they'll appoint a caretaker then go all out for Rodgers in the summer.
Rodgers loves Rodgers and always puts Rodgers first. He has not one ounce of integrity.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posters like @JOSWolf, @northnorfolkwolf and @Leamwolf sometimes get grief for negativity on here. All of them, whether other posters agree with them or not, at least post suggestions about what they believe is needed to improve things. They also acknowledge what is good. If your posts are taken at face value there is nothing good at all about the club. That from a purported Wolves fan....
Just seen this. Nice comment WW and much appreciated. I know I'm regarded as moaner-in-chief on here but I like to think I'm constructive in my criticisms and don't just come on and say things like 'Wolves are crap'. I thought Chelsea played some good stuff yesterday and showed how you can play fast attacking attractive football but obviously as a club they want a bigger and better name as their manager. When I'm watching other teams I've always got one eye on how we might learn from the way they play, but of course when I mention this it's taken automatically as criticism of Wolves by the 'in crowd' on here.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** Chelsea, but I am concerned how this wil affect our game on Wednesday night.
I think anyone who isn’t concerned will surely understand that this is a massive shift in the dynamics and mental approach of the chelsea squad going into the game and with the meticulous planner nuno is, it will have a impact on how he prepares us for the game I am not saying a massive one but there will be one for sure.

Back
Top Bottom