Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun to pull out?

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm really worried about my eyes these days cos I mis-read "Fosun to pull it out".

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think FOSUN has done a fantastic job with the club. They have invested significant sums of money, as well as having provided interest free loans to the club with no indication that they want the money back any time soon. They increasingly seem to understand the relationship between the club and the city, which is great.

I would just urge some caution in the hope that it doesn't seem too doom-mongering or conspiratorial.

f the CCP directly tells FOSUN to scale back their European investment and redirect it internally (or indeed, to friendlier states), FOSUN will be in a very difficult position. It is very well documented that this is, broadly, the economic policy of the CCP at the moment, but in fairness there is absolutely no evidence linking that to FOSUN.

We in the West are used to huge corporations kind of existing above government and setting their own direction (for good or ill); but the degree of state economic control in China is altogether different.

I think it's very plausible that we will see less direct investment from FOSUN in the next couple of years, particularly this coming window.

That's not because I think they're terrible owners, or because they're using Wolves cynically as a cash cow (we really aren't enough of a financial asset, we're a soft power vehicle). I genuinely believe that Jeff Shi cares about the club and wants us to reach new heights.

There will be some pressure, at the very least, from the wider political context staying FOSUN's hand. There will be a desire to cover the losses from Covid. There will be a recognition that our competitors are also reining in their spending, so we're not losing ground rapidly here. There may also be the feeling that our poor form is partly attributable to long-term injuries, which could well self-correct as Jimenez, Jonny, Marcal, Neto, etc. come back.

I really don't want to come across as FOSUN-bashing here. I just think it would be a real stretch to expect big investment.

And what does Optimistic Wolf say

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I kinda follow Chinese news and developments on a daily or at least a weekly basis, even pre Wolves.I have always only taken Fosun as owners of Wolves ,12-18 months at a time.
Last several, years, even pre covid, the Chinese domestic rules and enforcement have been increased and now directly impact even the very big corporations.
Hard to say From what I understand, the CCP are allowing investment elsewhere, providing that investment brings a return to China. The cash Fosun uses to invest is cash thats made from outside China, the company is based in China and will therefore be bringing money into the state, surely in that case it makes sense to keep Fosuns income streams open.
If not half their business will be closed down, and income will dry up.
Fosun are registered in Hong Kong

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are registered in Hong Kong
I never posted this.....this is a mixture of two different posts. ......please correct this and quote me correctly, please.
@Mutchy or @bod101 can you please help on this?

VancouverWolf said:
I kinda follow Chinese news and developments on a daily or at least a weekly basis, even pre Wolves.I have always only taken Fosun as owners of Wolves ,12-18 months at a time.
Last several, years, even pre covid, the Chinese domestic rules and enforcement have been increased and now directly impact even the very big corporations.
Hard to say From what I understand, the CCP are allowing investment elsewhere, providing that investment brings a return to China. The cash Fosun uses to invest is cash thats made from outside China, the company is based in China and will therefore be bringing money into the state, surely in that case it makes sense to keep Fosuns income streams open.”

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmmm
I love what fosun have bought to not only the football club but what it has bought to the city.
If they decide to sell fair enough, our club are still bigger than any owners.
Where do fosun take us next? Champions league, premiership title?
Success it great and everything but how **** are away days at Man City recently as a day not the results regarding walking round the ground and corparate side of it, I am old fashioned but I really dont want that match day feel up the Wolves.
**** knows what I'm trying to say but success ain't everything I guess

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
One of my 'concerns' is the lack if movement in the stadium rebuild...would have made sense from si many different perspectives to have started a y rebuild during the pandemic with no fans etc. I'm sure there are.numerous reasons as to why (e.g. neighbouring buildings/traffic/planning etc.) but does seem and odd one from my point if view...

Back
Top Bottom