Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun & Bordeaux

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I would take Josh Maja if Rafa Mir doesn’t come back to Wolves. He’s homegrown in England, and didn’t do so bad for Fulham (he’d nearly be out top scorer this season lol)

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
I think the situation with Bordeaux could it be that they are used to move the players around but at inflated prices , For instance Rafa Mir moves to them for £30 Mil with Cutrone at £20 Mil and Dendoncker at £30 Mil. Would get us around FFP wouldn't it or do you think there would be sanctions against this if there are not already.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They would be better off buying a vineyard in Bordeaux and leaving the football to us.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
But Fosun have lost interest in football and the Chinese government have banned them from putting money into it???????????!?!?!?!!!!!
Exactly this… but then when they show interest everyone worries it’s at our detriment. Damned if they do….

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think the situation with Bordeaux could it be that they are used to move the players around but at inflated prices , For instance Rafa Mir moves to them for £30 Mil with Cutrone at £20 Mil and Dendoncker at £30 Mil. Would get us around FFP wouldn't it or do you think there would be sanctions against this if there are not already.
We aren't in any kind of FFP hole tbh with the Covid allowance.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
If we are not in any FFP hole then surely this is the time to invest heavily before the restrictions are tightened . I would replace the Spine of the team with proven players . Not your 18 year old hopefuls we need players that come in and hit the ground running . As If we sign kids then they take more time to adjust . Hopefully we haven't just got to be signing players from the mendes pool as well

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was some stuff in the football leaks about Mendes and Fosun's ambitions.

This is an extract from an email from Fosun to an associates of Jorge Mendes....

“Our goal is to build a complete system in global football world with you, with different levels of clubs and training facilities … I believe together we can establish our strong presence in every major league.”

Another 2016 email from a Fosun executive described investing and trading in players as “the most lucrative part of business in the football industry.”

Wolves, Grasshoppers, potentially Bordeaux too. They are trying to tap into and exploit new markets.

I'll just add, there isn't really anything untoward about this. It is just businessmen identifying an opportunity and trying to exploit it for financial gain. Happens every day, in every industry.

You can't own a stake in a players since 3rd party ownership was abolished. So what do you do? Buy the club and make that the (legal) 3rd party in the arrangement!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How would he possibly know

He didn't claim to know, he just said that's what he's been told. I guess from his sources at the club. They, of course, could be lying to him or maybe just don't know what's going on at Fosun outside of Wolves.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How would he possibly know
Could be be of those occasions where the club want to put a story to bed and give him some info to release it so they don’t have to

or could just be one of those occasions where he just makes it up to have something to say, seem important and sell his articles

impossible to say with Tim when it’s one or the other, something he, and all modern football journalists, feed off... they’re making a their living off our need for information

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably Bordeaux are inspired when they play in claret? Their supporters whine when their players keep bottling it? But no doubt Fosun will uncork their potential.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's my time to shine here!

I have one source who works somewhere that has a lot to do with Fosun's money.

Can't say who, what etc. Etc. But they mentioned in passing today that Fosun are interested in buying another club. She knows nothing about football - only that I support Wolves, who she knows Fosun owns.

Just passing it along.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers will look like a right dick if Fosun go ahead and buy Bordeaux now.
A sentence I never thought I'd see :).
Like most journalists and bloggers he's at the end of a line of possibly literal Chinese whispers (in our case). He's hopefully professional enough not to make things up (unlike some) but he is never privy to the inner workings at Wolves. I dont understand why people get depressed or excited by his articles.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Could someone at the club possibly be yanking Tim's chain a little after his initial damnation of Fosun in the early days?

Nah, Nuno's building for next season - he'll be gone in a couple of days
Neves is available for a cut-price £35m - he can only go on our terms and at the right price (no bargains here)
Fosun aren't interested in Bordeaux - watch this space

Back
Top Bottom