Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun & Bordeaux

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredibly interesting news if correct

As mentioned in January, the mysterious Chinese group candidate for the takeover of the club is FOSUN, and has sent a takeover offer to the Rothschild bank for the takeover of the @girondins, notably with Jorge Mendes and Pedro Martins to pilot the athlete!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hang on a minute. Pedro Martins should be on the shortlist for the job here! Fosun buying another club. Really hope they are going to keep prioritising us.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No idea if that source is any good, but if Fosun are going to be spaffing a few million on Bordeaux that's going to mean less cash for Wolves.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Much cheaper to fund a European team in France. Have to say that is worrying for me, suppose it could help signing youngsters and moving them onto us though to get around work permit stuff.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hang on a minute. Pedro Martins should be on the shortlist for the job here! Fosun buying another club. Really hope they are going to keep prioritising us.

I'm not sure they will if they buy these guys. I know which club I'd choose if I wanted to get into the Champions League.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea if that source is any good, but if Fosun are going to be spaffing a few million on Bordeaux that's going to mean less cash for Wolves.
Unless they are trying to build a Red Bull style network. Providing we’re at the top of the pile that’s fine

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this right? I didn't that it was in the rules to own more than one club.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking 2 clubs with the same owners can’t both play in UEFA competitions at the same time?

So what happens if we both qualify for Europe if Fosun do buy Bordeaux?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Zidane is about to walk out of Madrid so , all be it a few years late, it might come to fruition

Lycaon

Reaction score
Weren’t they linked with the same club back in 2015 and Zidane being on board at the time?
Perhaps their commitment to Wolves has waned and shifted to a french “project” whereby there’s a profit to be made with less investment?
Only surmising of course!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Miles less money to be made though and you'll never have sustained success because of PSG.
Not sure there is less money to be made, will be a tiny fee to buy and much less investment required. I mean it's much easier to have sustained success in a league with one team massively out spending you than with 4 or 5 doing it.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this but don't RB Liepzig and RB Salzburg both play champions league?
Was just about to post exactly the same. Did have my own brief worries that Fosun wouldn't be able to own two clubs though!

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be fair, it could work out quite well in that Bordeaux would be happy to flip players for 20m which we could pick up and sell on for double a few years later.

The only concern is that Fosun will have budgets for the division that own Wolves and possibly Bordeaux. If they have to spend 30m (guessing) to buy them then that's 30m less in the pot for us this year.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

With them playing 2nd tier next season, could be good for some of the young lads here to get proper competitive first team football, Bordeaux are a mess right now aswell
They finished 12th, did they get relegated for another reason?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this but don't RB Liepzig and RB Salzburg both play champions league?
Just googled it and apparently they had to make “governance and structural changes” but were then allowed to compete by UEFA.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, it could work out quite well in that Bordeaux would be happy to flip players for 20m which we could pick up and sell on for double a few years later.

The only concern is that Fosun will have budgets for the division that own Wolves and possibly Bordeaux. If they have to spend 30m (guessing) to buy them then that's 30m less in the pot for us this year.
Or Fosun are not as broke as some on here believe and they can in fact buy/provide for both.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they're appointing the Olympiacos boss as manager it's a pretty serious project. If that's the case, it's hard to see it being good for us, because he'll need backing, not to mention the cost of buying the club anyway.

Jeff has got a lot of questions to answer in this upcoming video!!

Back
Top Bottom