Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest- possible points deduction

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness, that is people moaning about an opinion. You have every right to do that. Also he is crap to any club that isn’t the sky 6 or that times media darlings. So he is a consistent moron…… but he is a total lemon in truth to many…. So not really the same as many fans moan or mock the bloke if you ask someone who does “hate read” his stuff as there can’t be many who read it because it is decent lol

They are playing the victim of a situation where they were the perpetrators of systematic and deliberate cheating and are getting punished.

Poles apart in my eyes……
Agreed, my dislike of Garth Crooks has nothing to do with his opinions on Wolves. It started when we was doing the TV football punditry and his over eagerness to be the one heard most and then was solidified reading the ignorance in most of his articles. He's also got a face only a mother could love, but I won't hold that against him!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, my dislike of Garth Crooks has nothing to do with his opinions on Wolves. It started when we was doing the TV football punditry and his over eagerness to be the one heard most and then was solidified reading the ignorance in most of his articles. He's also got a face only a mother could love, but I won't hold that against him!
Hopefully we find out more tomorrow

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t get my head around the fact that if say Man City , Villa , Chelsea , Everton , Forest and Spurs were all docked 20 points at the start of the season then there’s still only three clubs that can go down
So how is it punishment for the ones that stay up ?? Apart from the possibility of missing out on a European spot , they’ve basically got away with it and would just carry on as before
Or is this *******s I’m spouting ?
Agreed - teams should be relegated for breaching it. And relegated again if they breach the efl rules

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need the Everton appeal verdict first. The wheels do move very slowly. Do wonder if the time it's taking implies it won't just be a rubber stamping of the original decision.

Apparently any potential points deductions for Forest and Everton (second offence) will come in April with the appeal decision coming end of May.

Saying that I can’t see any appeal being successful as the PL will just apply a points deduction based on what Everton receive after their appeal for their first offence.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Apparently any potential points deductions for Forest and Everton (second offence) will come in April with the appeal decision coming end of May.

Saying that I can’t see any appeal being successful as the PL will just apply a points deduction based on what Everton receive after their appeal for their first offence.
Final decision 24th May is just ridiculous. Surely it's possible to knock a week off that and have the season actually finish with the final whistle.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me a lot of this uncertainty and appeals process could have been avoided if the PL had just clearly stated what exact punishment could be expected for breaking the rules.
Superficially attractive but no justice system works on a "one size fits all" basis. Circumstances always come into it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we’re not talking manslaughter!
I’d say it’s more akin to going overdrawn at the bank; which has a clear penalty.
After handling litigation against HMG for well over 10 years l would say that me learned friends would disagree and actively take legal steps.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always hilarious when we accuse other fans of playing the victim card when the Mix has a thread devoted to Garth Crooks' team of the week
Different gravy though. Feeling aggrieved about the random player pickings of a buffoon with seemingly worse football knowledge than a psychic octopus, is not really being a victim I don't think.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After handling litigation against HMG for well over 10 years l would say that me learned friends would disagree and actively take legal steps.
There is surely a difference between a criminal court and a sporting sanction?
We don’t have red cards or var decisions taken to court…. yet!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is surely a difference between a criminal court and a sporting sanction?
We don’t have red cards or var decisions taken to court…. yet!
You might think that.... Then look at the fact that the Court of Arbitration for Sport not only exists but has been around for years. Top level sport is big business so......

Oh, and a VAR decision was taken to a Belgian court which ordered a game replayed....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might think that.... Then look at the fact that the Court of Arbitration for Sport not only exists but has been around for years. Top level sport is big business so......

Oh, and a VAR decision was taken to a Belgian court which ordered a game replayed....

My point though is that it’s the ambiguity that leads to challenges,
Clubs don’t challenge relegation for finishing in the bottom 3.
Break ffp get a x point deduction.

Remember Everton aren’t challenging the fact they broke the rules, they are arguing the punishment for it.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The only bits that are being challenged are technicalities - Everton’s was that they shouldn’t have to count interest on their loans, which could theoretically have been for their stadium (they weren’t), when spending on the stadium is exempt.

The punishment for breaking ffp is fairly clear - it’s something like 6 points for breaking it, plus a point for every £5m over (that’s from my memory, I’ve not looked it up again)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t get my head around the fact that if say Man City , Villa , Chelsea , Everton , Forest and Spurs were all docked 20 points at the start of the season then there’s still only three clubs that can go down
So how is it punishment for the ones that stay up ?? Apart from the possibility of missing out on a European spot , they’ve basically got away with it and would just carry on as before
Or is this *******s I’m spouting ?
Maybe a transfer embargo for 2 windows and higher points deduction would help?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems very soft tbqh. I’d strongly back both Everton and Forest to both stay up from here. Not much of a punishment really.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably will get 3 back on appeal after the season has ended so on the off chance they go down, they probably stay up.

What's the ****ing point?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely could've signed a decent striker on loan in January. Given the precedent set by the Everton and Forest rulings, we'd have got what, a couple of points at most? A small price to pay compared to that of forcing Fraser to play week-in week-out.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Begs the question why didn’t we just take the 4pts and get a striker in Jan?

There is almost a zero punishment really for streaking a rule and gaining a competitive advantage this season……

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably means Everton don’t get a further punishment too. Surely they can’t give them another 4 on top of the 6??

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t they only breach it by £10m or close to that? Obviously precedence is key but obviously these penalties have to scale by severity of the breach.

Forest seemingly using the Brennan Johnson sale to save themselves from a far more significant points penalty.

It has to be said though, if you’re a team just getting promoted, spending a fortune to stay up and then taking a small points penalty in the following season has to sound appealing - the cost of relegation is hundreds of millions in lost revenue.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t they only breach it by £10m or close to that? Obviously precedence is key but obviously these penalties have to scale by severity of the breach.

Forest seemingly using the Brennan Johnson sale to save themselves from a far more significant points penalty.

It has to be said though, if you’re a team just getting promoted, spending a fortune to stay up and then taking a small points penalty in the following season has to sound appealing - the cost of relegation is hundreds of millions in lost revenue.
This article seems to suggest the independent panel did not accept this as a valid defence.

Back
Top Bottom