Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Football Manager 2021

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time I played this the best move was to sign up the wonderkid Neil Lennon. Don't let your lives slip by lads!
Or tonoton Zola makouku, ibrahima bakayoko or bjorn heidenstrom. Tonton was a god amongst men!

Neves wolf

Reaction score
Looking forward to playing this. Won’t be getting it till Christmas though

pucewarrior

Groupie
Reaction score
Bought it on Stadia last night, running lots and lots of leagues and still fast, main reason I bought stadia to be honest, got bored having to spend 1k on a pc every few years.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
However is anyone else having an unusual amount of pens? I managed to get 6! in one game, and am pretty much getting at least 1 every game, sometimes even 2

I do get a lot of penalties. Adama goes past anyone with ease, gets slightly touched and it’s a penalty. Not sure if they’ll fix that later.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Bought it on Stadia last night, running lots and lots of leagues and still fast, main reason I bought stadia to be honest, got bored having to spend 1k on a pc every few years.

Can you use face and logo packs on Stadia?

D

Deleted member 3545

Developer was on Talksport yesterday talking about the g\me said clubs contact him to ask him about players. Said agents to lie a bit about players injury records so clubs contact him to ask him whats the players injury history like as they have the complete records etc

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I started my save, and overhauled the back room staff. Playing as Carl Ikeme. I always turn off transfers on the first window, but I’m going to look into bringing Hlozek, Pavon, and Pelayo Morilla in the January Transfer Window.

D

Deleted member 5962

I do get a lot of penalties. Adama goes past anyone with ease, gets slightly touched and it’s a penalty. Not sure if they’ll fix that later.

Its patched, but I'm not sure if its compatible with saved games.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Played through all of August. Neves and Moutinho were injured for most of the month, along with Adama. Somehow I'm grinding out results though. Been playing MGW a lot and he's excelled. Also gave Kilman his Europa League debut and he scored. So far, so good.

fm_2019-11-22_04-45-41.png
After beating Rangers, Esbjerg, and Bnei Yehuda, we were drawn into the following Europa League group:

fm_2019-11-22_04-44-45.png
I fancy our chances of getting 1st place in the group. We'll see how it goes...

D

Deleted member 5962

Played through all of August. Neves and Moutinho were injured for most of the month, along with Adama. Somehow I'm grinding out results though. Been playing MGW a lot and he's excelled. Also gave Kilman his Europa League debut and he scored. So far, so good.

View attachment 12623
After beating Rangers, Esbjerg, and Bnei Yehuda, we were drawn into the following Europa League group:

View attachment 12624
I fancy our chances of getting 1st place in the group. We'll see how it goes...

Are you not having issues with the forwards being dumb? My wingers and strikers are barely scoring, but Neves/Moutinho/Donk are getting 2-3 edge of the box screamers a game atm.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Are you not having issues with the forwards being dumb? My wingers and strikers are barely scoring, but Neves/Moutinho/Donk are getting 2-3 edge of the box screamers a game atm.

I'm playing a sort of 5-2-3 with 2 CBs and Neves as DLP-D, but Raul playing as a PF-A is doing pretty well. I have Adama as W-S and Jota as IW-A around him.

It looks like this:

fm_2019-11-22_21-47-35.png

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the player/logo uploads available yet for the PC version

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm playing a sort of 5-2-3 with 2 CBs and Neves as DLP-D, but Raul playing as a PF-A is doing pretty well. I have Adama as W-S and Jota as IW-A around him.

It looks like this:

View attachment 12628

What's a PF? I haven't played the last few versions and don't remember that role for a striker.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
What's a PF? I haven't played the last few versions and don't remember that role for a striker.

It’s a pressing forward. Basically exactly as Raul plays. When they introduced the role a couple of years ago, it was called a defensive forward, but they changed it.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definitely know what you mean by getting loads of penalties, and loads against me for what looks like the slightest thing.
I'm quite enjoying playing as wolves although injuries are killer with the small squad. Vinagre is brilliant for me in this game and I've been able to get him natural as a left back (I can never find decent tactics with a back 5) which I was never able to do on FM19. Cutrone scores bags of goals off the bench for me and I think Raul is underrated on this game but he's still my starter.

Kilman is quite useful as a back up left back for me as my full backs keep getting fatigued, suspended or injured lol. Annoyingly his height is listed as 180cm though which definitely isn't true so I don't play him at CB much for that reason.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just suffered my second defeat of the season (did a Nuno and threw the league cup) so seems a good time to post my progress.

Od7pZe9.jpg

a9avzXF.jpg

gwWZxhD.jpg

Raul hasn’t scored in 10 games though and Cutrone after a great start of 12 in 15 is struggling too now but thankfully there’s plenty of goals from the rest of the team.

MGW is in contention for the golden boy, Cutrone for the U21 footballer of the year and Neto is keeping Joao Felix out the Portuguese U21 XI so the future is looking bright.

Board have given me £36m so am hoping to add a new forward in the window.

Formation-wise I’ve been alternating between a 523 and a 532 as we currently play with a fluid counter attack style

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
I remember when Jordan Graham was destined to be the next big thing. Now he's running his contract out in Bulgaria. Strange how things work out isn't it?

In FM 18 he became player of the season for my Oxford side once we reached the PL and was poached by Chelsea for 100m because I forgot to sign him to a new contract without a release clause.

He’ll still come good!

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Annoyingly his height is listed as 180cm though which definitely isn't true so I don't play him at CB much for that reason.

I hadn’t noticed that about his height. Isn’t he taller than Boly?

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I got loads of injuries in my save as well. Both Rui Patricio and John Ruddy got injured at the same time, so up comes Harry Burgoyne, and he somehow keeps a clean sheet against Manchester City by putting in a MOTM performance. He saved about 3 one on ones against Agüero. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Final score 0-0 because Adama didn’t have his shooting boots on and ended with a 6.0 rating.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
And as I type that, Willy Boly got injured. Out for 2-3 months...

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score

Kind of. My wingers tend to shoot from very tight angles when running at the keeper near the byline, instead of squaring the ball. Raul seems to be scoring though, and Jota is working well as an inverted winger.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kind of. My wingers tend to shoot from very tight angles when running at the keeper near the byline, instead of squaring the ball. Raul seems to be scoring though, and Jota is working well as an inverted winger.
This is so frustrating but it’s only happened since the last update for me, before it was fine and Cutrone was on fire scoring for fun.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I found a 352 tactic that is working brilliantly for me, really getting the most out of Doc and Vinagre, even Traore at RWB who hasn't been as useful to me because tactics I have tried so far tend to use IFs/IWs which he isn't suited for. Cutrone is playing his natural poacher role and is scoring buckets of goals as is Jota. Raul isn't as effective in this tactic but is still scoring plenty from the tons of penalties I am still getting. :rolleyes::D

In order to meet the 'club vision' I managed to get Quina from Watford and Dalot from United for a decent price. Both fit well in my tactics and are young with good potential although squad players right now. It's really hard to find good young Portuguese players for cheap. :(

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played a few more games tonight and the strikers now seem to have started scoring (as has Jonny too) not sure if there’s been another patch.

I’m through to the quarters of the EL after beating Utd by a big scoreline, 6-2 on agg I think, through to the FA cup semi final too and have just hammered Arsenal 5-1 in the league to keep me in with a possibility of breaking the big 6.

Injuries are really catching up now though and trying to maintain decent fitness levels is getting hard (which then leads to even more injuries!)

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sounds painful.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just started my long term save after tweaking some data (playing positions of youth team players/heights & creating michael agboola as he's missing). Going for 5-3-2 fluid counter attacking style will see how it goes

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This club vision is a nightmare.

The board moan or block whenever I don't try and sign a Portuguese player ... I was after a centre half and the only decent one is Ruben Dias who I couldn't afford and isn't interested in the move. Managed to get them to let me sign Jerome Onguene which I was happy about for £17.5m.

My second season by the way after finishing 7th, was in contention for Champions League but form dramatically dropped in the final quarter and just scraped 7th (West Brom won the damn FA cup after finishing 14th in the Championship blowing my Euro Cup place)

So far spent my money on youngsters at 16/17/18 years old.

First transfer window:
Dominik Szoboszlai for £12.5m.
Moussa Wague on loan for season.

January:
Karamoko Dembele for £15.75m
Rayan Cherki for £13.5m

20/21:
Joe Gelhart for £6.5m
Eduardo Camavinga for £16.5m
Ivan Martinez for £1.6m
Fabio Silva for £49m
Alexander Isak for £17.25m
Jerome Onguene for £17.5m
Alejandro Marques on a free

Played Chem Campbell quite a bit and Oskar Burr is my backup wing back to Doc.

Was hard getting Neves and Jota to stay but managed it as was refusing to let them leave for less than £90m ... But had full support from squad except Saiss (who is now sold as he was surplus)

First game of 20/21 and beat Chelsea 4-0 at home!

D

Deleted member 5962

The match engine this year is quite buggy so I have had some truly bizarre results so far, but at my first January window I sit comfortably in 3rd place, 3 points, but a game in hand behind City in second. Liverpool are 8 points clear of City, and there is currently a bigger gap between liverpool and my team than there is between my team and 13th place Crystal palace.

I managed to get 3 big Loan-to-Buy deals: Ruben Dias with an option for 60 million, Kessie for 29 Million and Januzaj for 22 million. I have Sold Bennett and Coady to try and ensure I can get these over the line and I play with 4 at the back so I needed to cut CB numbers to avoid issues with players not getting game time.

My strikers have finally started scoring more in the past week with Jota and Jimenez now overtaking Neves as my top scorers Jimi - 12 Jota -10 Neves - 9

As an aside, Brexit didnt happen in my game, anyone else had that?

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The match engine this year is quite buggy so I have had some truly bizarre results so far, but at my first January window I sit comfortably in 3rd place, 3 points, but a game in hand behind City in second. Liverpool are 8 points clear of City, and there is currently a bigger gap between liverpool and my team than there is between my team and 13th place Crystal palace.

I managed to get 3 big Loan-to-Buy deals: Ruben Dias with an option for 60 million, Kessie for 29 Million and Januzaj for 22 million. I have Sold Bennett and Coady to try and ensure I can get these over the line and I play with 4 at the back so I needed to cut CB numbers to avoid issues with players not getting game time.

My strikers have finally started scoring more in the past week with Jota and Jimenez now overtaking Neves as my top scorers Jimi - 12 Jota -10 Neves - 9

As an aside, Brexit didnt happen in my game, anyone else had that?

Brexit happened in mine which is a right pain as having to plan for it.

That's why I have tried signing youngsters, both English and foreign so they meet requirements a couple of years down the line.

Which doesn't sit well with wanting Portuguese (annoying really as owners are Chinese and only Portuguese influence are my coaching staff who I could get rid of at any time)

D

Deleted member 5962

Brexit happened in mine which is a right pain as having to plan for it.

That's why I have tried signing youngsters, both English and foreign so they meet requirements a couple of years down the line.

Which doesn't sit well with wanting Portuguese (annoying really as owners are Chinese and only Portuguese influence are my coaching staff who I could get rid of at any time)

I just raid youth academies to fill that quota.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club vision is a bit tricky as decent young Portuguese players are expensive but I've had no problem signing other nationalities, although I have gone with youth and I think that is also apart of the vision.
In my first transfer window I got:

Diogo Dalot - Manchester United (RB/RWB)
Domingos Quina - Watford (CM/CAM)
Francisco Trincao - Braga (LW/RW)
Evan N'Dicka - Eintract Frankfurt (CB)
Manuel Gasparini - Udinese (GK)

All these are wonderkid potential I believe. Wanted to buy young players as we actually have a good team on fm20 so don't need many immediate replacements. Will buy some more established players next season. Already know I need a LWB I am so reliant on Vinagre I have Dalot and Jonny who can cover but just aren't as effective.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score

I think this is a (quite a big) bug? It seems you can get anyone on loan as long as you have an option to buy matching the minimum release fee.

D

Deleted member 5962

I think this is a (quite a big) bug? It seems you can get anyone on loan as long as you have an option to buy matching the minimum release fee.

Not sure its a bug, but it does seem to be a way to ensure a team is going to accept your loan to buy offers. I wouldnt do it unless I absolutely have to though, as I prefer making more structured deals to reduce the impact a single transfer has on my budget for the window. (And the owners in my save are not exactly forthcoming with money and I have had several instances of takeover bids)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom