Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

First Ever Female Top Flight Ref

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
She’s got to better than the current crop of crap reffing the premier league

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
A few years ago my two AR’s in one game were father and daughter ( their surname escapes me) A few years later she aspired to AR on the Football League and in one game against Sheffield United at Molineux she took over when the Referee was injured ,

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact she is female is irrelevant. It's whether she is any good that matters. Only time will tell.

This is true. I saw her referee at Stockport last season. The only reason that I noticed her was that she was female.

I see it as a good sign that I didn’t notice her for any other reason.

Probably best referee I saw last year.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
She might get more respect from the players than other referees?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If she’s good, and I hope she is, more power to her. If she’s bad then she should be open to the same level of criticism as the male refs.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A cynical person would say that the announcement of this and Sam Allison at the same time is fantastic deflection by Howard Webb from how terrible a job he is doing.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure why they don't wear body cams like in rugby. If players knew their reactions to refs were being filmed, there might be more respect
It would also remove any ambiguity about what has gone on.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A cynical person would say that the announcement of this and Sam Allison at the same time is fantastic deflection by Howard Webb from how terrible a job he is doing.
You, sir, may just be as cynical as me - that thought had certainly occurred. The Sam Allison thing may also be intended to boost Webb's scheme to get more ex-players in as refs.

Reactions: Ned

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happened to Sian Massey she was good Lino
Think we had her on the line for one of our recent games (may have been Burnley?) and I didn't really notice her - which I always feel is a good sign of the officials.

I do recall her having a shocker either last season or the season before to the point where the ref was having to overrule her on clear throw ins, etc - but to be honest that's the only poor outing I can recall from her

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You, sir, may just be as cynical as me - that thought had certainly occurred. The Sam Allison thing may also be intended to boost Webb's scheme to get more ex-players in as refs.

I think it’s my age and knowing that in a sport that punches its self in the balls at every given opportunity, moves like this are seldom “just because”.

Much like when I come home from work with flowers for the wife.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to her.

Hopefully having more females around will help break up the old boys network

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Competent female refs might be the thing that stops players screaming in referee's faces.

Then again.

Back
Top Bottom