Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

First 3 games points return

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 points

Leicester - 1
Spurs - 3
Man United - 0

What's yours?

Does a tough start of fixtures matter? Will it better prepare us for the season ahead or would you prefer we eased ourselves in? (not that we can change it)

Reaction score
1 1 & 0 so 2 points and I would be happy, any more and ecstatic, any less and what I really expect and would not be jumping in the cut. ‍

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Just need some early points on the board to settle things down

Reactions: LW1

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just hope that we show up for all three games.. any points would be a bonus looking at the fixtures.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we might get a point against Spuds, but can't see anything at Leicester or against MUtd.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Win 1 just based on the law of averages and the start of the season always throwing up a few surprises.
Whatever the results though I just want to see us doing the graft and creating chances.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just hope that we show up for all three games.. any points would be a bonus looking at the fixtures.
I am with this, I can take a 0 point return from these opening 3 fixtures if we show desire, energy and attacking intent.

Rather that than a couple of draws playing just like we were a few months ago.

Having said that, I think we will find a win in these three somewhere, so 3 points it is.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anything is welcome and a bonus. Free hit. Performance and Lages adaptability more important.

MontyR

Reaction score
3 or 4 points and I’d be very happy with August’s returns. 0-2 points but enjoyable, attacking football (with some signings during this) and I’d be content because I’d be confident in picking up lots of points in the easier run of games over September and October.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said. There are 9 points available, so hopefully Bruno will set out to win them all. If we are scared of playing top six sides then it is a waste of time in being in this league.
Idealistic. If we are in the bottom 4 or 5 at Christmas everyone will be demanding that we tighten things up and grind out points. The one thing worse than struggling in the PL is being in the Chump for year after year after year....

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
exactly. Why bother watching if you're expecting 0/1 point, makes no sense to me
Just slightly realistic. All of the 3 are better teams than us unfortunately and will finish above us this year. Dont think anyones arguing that. Also say we get 4 points im a lot happier than someone who predicted we should get 9.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might get a point against spurs, otherwise I fear a loss against leicester and man u.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might get a point against spurs, otherwise I fear a loss against leicester and man u.
Let's be honest, if it wasn't for wanting something against Nuno precious few fans would realistically expect much from that game.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expecting nil points. Probably the hardest start anyone's got this year?
A pessimist is never disappointed.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we get cracking in the market I genuinely think 0. Hope I am proved wrong in about 2hrs.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking like zero to me. Manure looked scary going forward especially with their drive from midfield. Spurs will be too good for us although I’m expecting us to put up a fight

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bumped this as we're all ecstatic after last night and not trying to put a dampner on things, rather the opposite, but if we look beyond Utd we have a run of 11 games (Sep through Nov) and none v the top 6. I know this is no guarantee of anything and there are some tricky fixtures in there but I'd hope we could average 2 pts a game from that lot. So my hope is that come the Liverpool game on 4 December we will have played 14 games and have at least 22 points (possibly 25?). This really is an exciting time to be a Wolves fan.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bumped this as we're all ecstatic after last night and not trying to put a dampner on things, rather the opposite, but if we look beyond Utd we have a run of 11 games (Sep through Nov) and none v the top 6. I know this is no guarantee of anything and there are some tricky fixtures in there but I'd hope we could average 2 pts a game from that lot. So my hope is that come the Liverpool game on 4 December we will have played 14 games and have at least 22 points (possibly 25?). This really is an exciting time to be a Wolves fan.

0 points from the first 3, then 33 from the next 11.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll have what you're having!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll have what you're having!
You have to think going into games now that we have a genuine chance to score a few. After just 2 games you can see the league will split with a big 4, a chasing pack of 5 or 6 and about 9 or 10 making up the numbers. The question for me is can Wolves make that chasing pack and the evidence of the first 3 games is that they can. New faces will help but a good points return over the next 3 months will place us, hopefully, in that group behind the big boys.

Back
Top Bottom