Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

First 3 games points return

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is an i told you so post.

Still enthused by bruno ball. Onwards and upwards, no worries for rest of season, think all players who fosun want to increase value of, will increase value of under Bruno. Who cares about points, its all very exciting on the field. Just wish we'd get our act together off it.
I think you will be dusting this off at the end of the season and saying i told you so.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said it back in the summer... if we lose each of the first three 1-0 but performance levels are high, there is nothing to worry about. Not sure that I really believed it would happen exactly like that! Anyway, is there nothing to worry about? TBH I think its' the next 2 matches that will tell us more about that. As the established Premier League team, we should really be winning both and at least getting 4 points. Less than that and I will be starting to worry.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
I said it back in the summer... if we lose each of the first three 1-0 but performance levels are high, there is nothing to worry about. Not sure that I really believed it would happen exactly like that! Anyway, is there nothing to worry about? TBH I think its' the next 2 matches that will tell us more about that. As the established Premier League team, we should really be winning both and at least getting 4 points. Less than that and I will be starting to worry.
I don’t remember the last time we played well after an international break. Start worrying.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for a few comparisons last seasons opening 4 league and cup we won 1 and lost 3 same as this season except the win came in the league against sheffield utd and lost in cup to Stoke.

Our points record in the corresponding fixtures in previous seasons

18/19 - 3
19/20 - 2
20/21 - 1

so worse then previously but we've lost 2 of the 3, 2 times out of 3.

3 straight defeats and no goals is never good. But level of performance and the fact we haven't' conceded more than 1 in a game means the margins have been close and against some of the better teams (on paper at least)
I usually figure that it's not worth looking at the table till about 10 games in which usually then gives a good indication of how things are going. So at the moment a few concerns but too early to panic about thee goals and results yet

fleck1

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been so enthused after three defeats on the spin. If we weren't creating the chance to miss I'd be worried, but if we are going to keep creating 20+ chances a game the goals will come. Bruno has proved in a month this group of players can play higher up the field, play a more expansive, open and attacking style of football, while remaining organised and tight at the back. So many players look refreshed and the shackles seem to have been released, Neves and Moutinho being prime examples they are barely recognisable from the players we've watched the past 12 months or so. Players coming back, hopefully a couple more fresh faces in by tomorrow evening and I think we could be in for an exciting season.

Back
Top Bottom