Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fan's Parliament pt 2: stadium scoreboard, PA system

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the new minutes, feat. our own Dave Quarrell:

"Jez had news regarding a stadium improvement by revealing there should be a scoreboard before the end of the season above the boxes in the Steve Bull Stand. It will bear moving messages, such as latest scores and adverts, and will be centred on the half-way line. He said the decision was made as a direct result of the discussions within the Parliament."

That's great news and if they're not going to invest in news screens any time soon (it doesn't look like it), then it's the next best thing.

"Dave also said a number of Molineux Mix members had mentioned the distortion problems on the PA system. Jez pointed out that it would cost a lot of money to rectify but the club were aware of it."

In terms of this one: I'm not so sure it would take that much to fix, given that the pre-recorded health and safety messages sound absolutely perfect. Maybe the cost would be paying shouty man off and getting someone else! Seriously though, they need to have a look at the way they're doing it. There is absolutely things they could do that wouldn't cost much. There's got to be some sort of torubleshooting they can do in terms of the sound levels.
They should even look as far as reassessing the whole way they do it. If we've got "state of the art" technology in terms of the microphone and associated hardware in wherever the sound gets sent to, and what we're hearing now is the best we're ever going to get, then clearly the "roaming" announcer isn't ever going to work and they should make him static with some proper equipment.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/fans-parliament-minutes-part-2-2274588.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the line Moxey trotted out in the Parliament minutes the club trying to be as transparent as possible with their dealings er what about undisclosed transfer fees for a start.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant. The club gets to place more distracting adverts flashing at us during a game and then spins it out as being a direct result of lobbying from the fans parliament. Yet when it comes to fixing a screwed up sound system there is no money available. Clearly the priority is all about Return on Investment (ROI) above having a stadium with basic facilities fit for purpose.

M

Mr Wolf

Where is the sound problem I've never really had an issue, maybe I just don't care, same as with a score board & video screen really that I've never noticed.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our transfer targets didn't want to come to us for whatever reason, according to Moxey.
Ok then Jez! That's really helpful and explains a lot.
Actual reasons would be nice as to why our recruitment team and club as whole cant find another striker and midfield player.
Here's an idea Jez maybe you could call your counterparts at Derby and Brentford!

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it could be the same reason as at every transfer and loan window Mr Moxey. pay the going rate and im sure a few more players we will be prepared to come to us. but then we wouldn't want to upset the family atmosphere in the dressing room would we jez? after all they might want a wage rise too. do me a favour jez, I don't know how you keep a straight face or do you believe what comes out of your mouth; the words have more spin on them than a shane warne delivery.

D

Deleted member 4456

From my seat in the Upper North, the PA is practically inaudible. I like the idea of the scoreboard, I assume it'll be the same type of scoreboard they have at Carrow Road.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren't they meant to be putting big screens inward on the north bank or have I imagined that from the initial design?

D

Deleted member 4456

Weren't they meant to be putting big screens inward on the north bank or have I imagined that from the initial design?

That was supposed to be part of the redevelopment once the eyesores we already have are gone. They wanted to fit one to the roof of the North and South Banks.

R

reanswolf

So the purchase of a striker (Afobe) was 'the exception'.

Thats clearly something to highlight that we cannot expect any other players to be purchased (as we had already worked out).

So if he was the single exception, how come we identified a striker AND a defender in the summer?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
No Jez the desire is for a video wall that even Walsall can manage to fund that can be viewed by most fans.All you are offering is a moving advert above the Exec Boxes in the SB which those fans can't see and will be puny.
Why can't a proper screen go where the Graham Hughes stand was?Always on the cheap under the guise of Ground Developments/Improvements.Really???:rolleyes:

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proper screens can be fitted over the old broken ones but they've now sold that space as huge banner advertising so that will now never happen.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
hearing the pa i think a lot of the problems are that input levels are all wrong causing awful distortion.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
it could be the same reason as at every transfer and loan window Mr Moxey. pay the going rate and im sure a few more players we will be prepared to come to us. but then we wouldn't want to upset the family atmosphere in the dressing room would we jez? after all they might want a wage rise too. do me a favour jez, I don't know how you keep a straight face or do you believe what comes out of your mouth; the words have more spin on them than a shane warne delivery.

Spot on.
Bin spinning $$$$$$x for 15 years and some still won't have a bad word said against him.
The day he's gone can't come soon enough for me.

D

Deleted member 3518

Reading the minutes/notes of the meeting just re-affirmed to me how facile the whole "parliament" is

D

Deleted member 4456

Reading the minutes/notes of the meeting just re-affirmed to me how facile the whole "parliament" is

The whole thing is a sham. A few hand picked individuals plus a couple chosen from these message boards as a token gesture get together to eat sandwiches, drink tea and soak up the party line from Jez and Lynne O'Reardon. It's all very self-congratulatory.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The response from Moxey when challenged regarding booking fees was a complete farce, he lied at the last meeting about booking fees. He was found out. Liar. Unacceptable .Full stop

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only way anything will change with him is if you don't buy tickets.

End of.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to the guys that go to the parliament but it seems very weak to me.
Moxey's comments on transfers or lack of them are poor to say the very least.
A shambles if you ask me.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read the full notes.

Jez said: “That's the premise, that it’s a higher summer cost. Buy your ticket today, lock in at a low Championship price and, who knows, you could be watching us in the Premier League. When we were relegated to League One, we wrote cheques to our season ticket holders giving them a rebate.......we didn't have to.”

Is this bloke for real? Giving refunds due to your $$$$ poor management of a business is certainly not something to be proud of having to do.

You wrote cheques to avoid a PR and financial disaster in the summer with ST sales - no other reason.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is this bloke for real? Giving refunds due to your $$$$ poor management of a business is certainly not something to be proud of having to do.

You wrote cheques to avoid a PR and financial disaster in the summer with ST sales - no other reason.

Well said bang on

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The response from Moxey when challenged regarding booking fees was a complete farce, he lied at the last meeting about booking fees. He was found out. Liar. Unacceptable .Full stop

Absolutely.

The point we have to give 5% back also to away club is neither here nor there as we get the revenue from those tickets without having to incur any significant costs for selling them. The whole point of the 5% rebate is to ensure away club covers costs of selling them, thereby walking all over Moxeys $$$$ poor excuse in the first place for booking fee on away tickets.

To be honest next time the reps change I thunk the forum should decline the offer of any reps from here participating on this sham.

E

Edgmond Wolf

No Jez the desire is for a video wall that even Walsall can manage to fund that can be viewed by most fans.All you are offering is a moving advert above the Exec Boxes in the SB which those fans can't see and will be puny.
Why can't a proper screen go where the Graham Hughes stand was?Always on the cheap under the guise of Ground Developments/Improvements.Really???:rolleyes:

This in Spades....

A score board?? wTF are you serious? My phone does that and I am $$$$ing old

I want a replay you $$$$$$

Even Walsall do that FFS

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly!

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come clubs that have stadiums that were built decades ago manage to have working score boards and a PA system - yet we've got a relatively modern stadium compared to a lot of clubs - yet nothing works - and to make them work will "cost a lot of money".

This "cost a lot of money" bs annoys me because our tickets haven't been the cheapest over the past few years - and the three main parts of the "entertainment package" should include, as standard, football, a working scoreboard and a PA system.

The latter two dont bother some people - but it does others. The club won't play the Liquidator, stating that it doesn't fit in with their "family club" image - yet families want to be entertained. At half time, kids want something to do. They want to listen to music or watch highlights on the big screen.

In the 90's, we did half time competitions for the kids, played music over the pa system and showed the screens.

Now, the club seems to feel that simply offering football is all that matters. They charge full prices - but don't offer much in return. We have a whole bottom of a stand classified as a "family stand", but other than Wolfie shaking hands with kids every week at half time, they must be bored $$$$less at half time.

If the club can't or won't offer the full services, as most clubs do, then it should be reflected in the price.

Everything, absolutely everything, comes down to money with Jez. He knows the cost of everything, but the value of nothing.

The stadium is embarrassing for a fairly modern ground. It's as if the club have given up on it. The seats have faded in the South Bank and look an eye sore when the media take videos or photos inside the ground. The score boards are an eye sore - yet the club won't commit to either repairing them or demolishing them. The once tidy corner area between the south bank and Billy Wright with the attractive darkened turf Wolves emblem blended into the lighter turf now holds an eye sore temporary stand that hadn't been used for three years - and is unlikely to be used again any time soon.

The bottom corner of the Steve Bull stand has been chopped off to make way for the new stand - and the side of the new stand quadrant looks odd too because it's clearly been designed to join to the new Steve Bull stand that is also unlikely to be developed any time soon.

Money money money. The club don't want to spend any - yet they charge us the same, if not more, than clubs that offer a better match day "package".

The sad part about it is, the little improvements like demolishing the score boards, removing the eye sore temporary stand and having a working PA system are a long term investment at minimal cost in the grand scheme of things - compared to the Doumbia's, Margreitters, Eggert Jonssons and George Saville's we spend loads of money on each season - yet never seem to learn from.

....and when is the OAP ST coming down to 60?????!!!!!!!

With no disrespect, but why should 60 year olds get special pricing over anyone else? Pensioners don't retire until the age of 65 - so they shouldn't be entitled to a discount whilst they're still working and earning a full wage.

The unemployed don't get discounts, or people in low incomes. Why should pensioners get a discount 5 years early? When they're retired - sure. But not whilst they're working.

R

reanswolf

Fair play to the guys that go to the parliament but it seems very weak to me.
Moxey's comments on transfers or lack of them are poor to say the very least.
A shambles if you ask me.

So if the purchase of Afobe was the exception, where does this leave the situation for KJ?

Can he purchase more players? Has Steve Morgan really said "yes" when KJ asks for money?

Or at last can we see thru the spin, and this clarifies what some suspected all along, in that KJ's hands are tied?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
How come clubs that have stadiums that were built decades ago manage to have working score boards and a PA system - yet we've got a relatively modern stadium compared to a lot of clubs - yet nothing works - and to make them work will "cost a lot of money".

This "cost a lot of money" bs annoys me because our tickets haven't been the cheapest over the past few years - and the three main parts of the "entertainment package" should include, as standard, football, a working scoreboard and a PA system.

The latter two dont bother some people - but it does others. The club won't play the Liquidator, stating that it doesn't fit in with their "family club" image - yet families want to be entertained. At half time, kids want something to do. They want to listen to music or watch highlights on the big screen.

In the 90's, we did half time competitions for the kids, played music over the pa system and showed the screens.

Now, the club seems to feel that simply offering football is all that matters. They charge full prices - but don't offer much in return. We have a whole bottom of a stand classified as a "family stand", but other than Wolfie shaking hands with kids every week at half time, they must be bored $$$$less at half time.

If the club can't or won't offer the full services, as most clubs do, then it should be reflected in the price.

Everything, absolutely everything, comes down to money with Jez. He knows the cost of everything, but the value of nothing.

The stadium is embarrassing for a fairly modern ground. It's as if the club have given up on it. The seats have faded in the South Bank and look an eye sore when the media take videos or photos inside the ground. The score boards are an eye sore - yet the club won't commit to either repairing them or demolishing them. The once tidy corner area between the south bank and Billy Wright with the attractive darkened turf Wolves emblem blended into the lighter turf now holds an eye sore temporary stand that hadn't been used for three years - and is unlikely to be used again any time soon.

The bottom corner of the Steve Bull stand has been chopped off to make way for the new stand - and the side of the new stand quadrant looks odd too because it's clearly been designed to join to the new Steve Bull stand that is also unlikely to be developed any time soon.

Money money money. The club don't want to spend any - yet they charge us the same, if not more, than clubs that offer a better match day "package".

The sad part about it is, the little improvements like demolishing the score boards, removing the eye sore temporary stand and having a working PA system are a long term investment at minimal cost in the grand scheme of things - compared to the Doumbia's, Margreitters, Eggert Jonssons and George Saville's we spend loads of money on each season - yet never seem to learn from.

With no disrespect, but why should 60 year olds get special pricing over anyone else? Pensioners don't retire until the age of 65 - so they shouldn't be entitled to a discount whilst they're still working and earning a full wage.

The unemployed don't get discounts, or people in low incomes. Why should pensioners get a discount 5 years early? When they're retired - sure. But not whilst they're working.

I totally agree with you about the state of the ground.The glass part at the rear of the SB occupied by the Uni is poor and the paintwork of the structure is filthy and in need of a lick of paint.It is always tomorrow with the Wolves with everything governed by the bottom line.Obviously we don't have a bottomless pit but good housekeeping should be routine.You can also throw in Premium Rate calls,Merchandising costs ,product quality and Manufacturer allied to catering costs and product choice as further examples of the club believing the fans are a cash cow who will put up with anything irrespective of the quality ,price and choice.

R

reanswolf

I totally agree with you about the state of the ground.The glass part at the rear of the SB occupied by the Uni is poor and the paintwork of the structure is filthy and in need of a lick of paint.It is always tomorrow with the Wolves with everything governed by the bottom line.Obviously we don't have a bottomless pit but good housekeeping should be routine.You can also throw in Premium Rate calls,Merchandising costs ,product quality and Manufacturer allied to catering costs and product choice as further examples of the club believing the fans are a cash cow who will put up with anything irrespective of the quality ,price and choice.

Sadly the cash cow was the premiership, but yes it is all short-term profit at Wolves that dictates. Again, the lengthy contracts handed out by Wolves have crippled us.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its pretty obvious from the Parliament notes that the owner has no intention of spending on anything that he sees has non profit making potential... he spent on the academy to hopefully sell on a few David Davis' , he changed the North Bank to put a few more bums on seats and increase revenue... regarding anything that the fans see as improving match day appreciation.... screens, shouty man, PA, entertainemnt... we are clueless... those 2 plastic balls at half time are cringeworthy. Time , and past time, we tried to get in another owner

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If money is in short supply why haven't we tried(had success ) with getting a money partner into the club?Someone with business acumen that just might lighten the load.I get peed off when I hear that things cost a lot of money as the answer to everything.Season tickets cost a lot of money too Jez but you expect us to stump up.Walsall have their video wall sponsored and if they can do it why can't we?I will lay odds that we have gone for the moving advertising strap because it is a better cash generator than the screens which heaven forbid might show other things than 'Eat at Greasy Joe's' or 'Get your cheques cashed before payday'.We have a bottom line ethos on everything and whilst it is laudable in many cases it grates when it is the first and last thought as standard practice .

D

Deleted member 4099

If money is in short supply why haven't we tried(had success ) with getting a money partner into the club?Someone with business acumen that just might lighten the load.I get peed off when I hear that things cost a lot of money as the answer to everything.Season tickets cost a lot of money too Jez but you expect us to stump up.Walsall have their video wall sponsored and if they can do it why can't we?I will lay odds that we have gone for the moving advertising strap because it is a better cash generator than the screens which heaven forbid might show other things than 'Eat at Greasy Joe's' or 'Get your cheques cashed before payday'.We have a bottom line ethos on everything and whilst it is laudable in many cases it grates when it is the first and last thought as standard practice .

And this attitude is getting worse. A scoreboard on the SB with yet more adverts.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I would love a top down review of the club's business strategy measured against cost analysis to determine value for money.Lets shake them from their'We have always done it like this' mentality.
A review of how we select our Kit supplier and why measured against quality and pricing structures.A review of catering costs and product quality.A review of Early Birds that have the standard cut off date about 4 weeks after announcement unlike many clubs who have a much longer period.A review of the CEO's position and salary measured against cash generation and profit.A review of all financial matters measured against ways of generating more income and cash infusion.These are not aimed at reducing costs but as a means of stimulating financial possibilities that might shake the club out of its complacent conservative attitude and particularly the arrogant assumption that what they say goes because it always has and always will.
Moxey would never vote for it and if Morgan continues to sit on his hands it says it all.If he is not prepared to put in his own cash he should take steps to bring money in.In terms of progression the club(not the team ) is wallowing in its comfort zone instead of thinking how can it grow to meet expectations and allow us to move on and up and not just expect any growth to be via The Academy 2/3 years down the line .Whether Morgan likes it or not football is about the here and now not some mythical date in the future.
I won't hold my breath.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all very depressing at the moment, we seem to be run by such short sighted and small minded people who patronise the fanbase at every turn, and they get away with it as we are so divided and usually fighting amongst ourselves over which former failed manager was the best.

I could go on a rant about umpteen things that have $$$$ed me off over the course of this season, not just with Wolves but with football in general. Instead I've decided not to renew my season ticket next season, I've had enough of the bull$$$$.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I agree with the comments about the eyesores at the ground, and the lack of a video wall when plenty of much smaller clubs manage to fund them, I do remember that at a previous Parliament, someone suggested a simple electronic scoreboard would be an alternative if the club could not fit a video wall. Moxey was not lying about that.

Back
Top Bottom