Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva watch

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the game last night, runs around a lot , was playing like a winger at times ,,coulda / shoulda timed his run better for the offside assist, but put the ball away when it fell at his feet 7 yards out.
I don't think he's improved much this season, BUT it makes you realise how poor our Jimenez / Cuhna / Costa / Sasa options are
Enjoying watching a lot of the Bully years on You Tube. When you see him play you just realise how poor/weak our striking options are. As I write this I see Kane scores a real poachers goal. We just don't have a player who has his and Bully's eye for goal, who gets in the right position, has the movement in the area. Silva may have improved for next season but imv he still won't be the answer. We need to spend big in the summer on a striker who will score the goals to get us at least top 10.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks we should have bought him back in January is short sighted.

We still don’t create enough and a few games without a goal and the fans getting on his back would of set the kid back 12 months.

Let JL do what’s needed to get us creating more and let RVN work his wonders on Fabio.

We will reap the rewards next season in the Premier League!!!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see him starting today and getting a goal, well done Fabio. He's surrounded by much better players at PSV, that should benefit him if he gets a continued run in the team.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look tidy apart from the goal. Game has been played at a pretty sedate pace TBH and PSV aren't anything special. Fabio generally chosen safe options when he has had the opportunity to drive with the ball, which is understandable to an extent. Could have had a second if he'd anticipated a chance coming a little better.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking like this season will be the making of him. The loans have been the correct decision, for his development and confidence, even if we've struggled for goals in comparison.

I just really, really hope he wants to be here next season and if there's any underlying friction between him and Wolves that the Lopetegui factor smooths it out, because he'll be a huge asset. Love the kid, he'll be a revelation with Neto, Cunha, RAN, Bueno and Chiquinho feeding him chances.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Xavi simons looks good for psv.

Was touted as best next thing a few years ago before getting lost in the PSG squad. They have a buy back clause in the summer which will definitely be activated.

But could mean PSG look to move on other players, as Mendes has some links to them now. Maybe one of the Spanish pair Fabian or Carlos Solar could be available.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoying watching a lot of the Bully years on You Tube. When you see him play you just realise how poor/weak our striking options are. As I write this I see Kane scores a real poachers goal. We just don't have a player who has his and Bully's eye for goal, who gets in the right position, has the movement in the area. Silva may have improved for next season but imv he still won't be the answer. We need to spend big in the summer on a striker who will score the goals to get us at least top 10.
The nearest thing I've seen to bully recently , head down , whack it , ( and some will obviously laugh at this ) is Paul Mulliin ...I said it 3 years ago when he was at Cambridge.
OK...he's in the lower division , but so was Bully.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad it's going well for him and a prospect for us next season but he won't get that amount of room in front of goal in the Prem. Goals will be much harder to come by as he has to step up a level (or 2).

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad it's going well for him and a prospect for us next season but he won't get that amount of room in front of goal in the Prem. Goals will be much harder to come by as he has to step up a level (or 2).
What room did he get? He was half a yard from the defender. He scored because he timed his run perfectly

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry. Ings looked better for the Hammers. Hope Fabio goes in to have a great career but he does not have the pace to compensate for his lack of instinctive movement. Ings goal yesterday was a tougher finish
Lack of instinctive movement? There’s plenty to knock Fabio for but his movement isn’t one of them, his movement is very very good.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry. Ings looked better for the Hammers. Hope Fabio goes in to have a great career but he does not have the pace to compensate for his lack of instinctive movement. Ings goal yesterday was a tougher finish
??? Not only is movement one of Fabio's strengths, but Ings is full international in his peak years with a 22 goal season behind him. Of course he looks better than a 20-year-old.

When Ings was 20 he was scoring 3 from 32 in the Championship.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you see the room ings got yesterday for his first goal, he could have painted the area markings if he'd carried a tin of emulsion with him.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
??? Not only is movement one of Fabio's strengths, but Ings is full international in his peak years with a 22 goal season behind him. Of course he looks better than a 20-year-old.

When Ings was 20 he was scoring 3 from 32 in the Championship.
Outside the box yes he has movement but his movement in and around the 6 yard box have never looked great for us . He is not a poacher finisher either. Ings is . I will be amazed if Fabio is a hit in the premier league with us or anyone .

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outside the box yes he has movement but his movement in and around the 6 yard box have never looked great for us . He is not a poacher finisher either. Ings is . I will be amazed if Fabio is a hit in the premier league with us or anyone .

He is one of the best young strikers in Europe.

Last edited:

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, you don’t have a clue about football
Maybe. But I have seen little in Fabio to say he is any closer to being the answer to our lack of goals , this season or any time since he arrived. He is not a focal point striker and if you want him as a false 9 we have players here already capable of doing that to a better level than Fabio.

I just don’t see him coming back.

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He's good and atrocious in equal amounts, when I've seen him since Fabio has joined. Typical winger.
vs. Seville he (Xavi) was pretty frustrating to watch and created very little, the same applied to much of the team for most of the game tbh!

Back
Top Bottom