Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup semi final rerun on bbc

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still rates as perhaps the most demoralising and dispiriting day in my long life supporting Wolves.
Same here. And I've seen some rubbish through the whole 1980s decade, nothing compares to this though. This is kinda what's worrying me about the Europa League at the moment (once it continues)... the further we go, the more the hurt!

As a matter of interest to anyone who DID watch this re-run, I presume we still lost?

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same here. And I've seen some rubbish through the whole 1980s decade, nothing compares to this though. This is kinda what's worrying me about the Europa League at the moment (once it continues)... the further we go, the more the hurt!

As a matter of interest to anyone who DID watch this re-run, I presume we still lost?

I watched it up until Cav came on then turned it off, i couldnt watch the rest over again..

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My memories are of a fantastic day out with my mates and my daughter.
Haven’t watched it back, only seen the goals live.
As others have said it still feels a bit raw, a bit what could’ve been,
I don’t like the salty Wolves fans on social media though having a go at Watford. Smacks of sour grapes.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I’ll watch it, the next time the Mrs goes out.....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched it, was there in real life so this was the first time I've seen it on the telly, and have to say I don't remember us being as bad throughout the match as I've just seen, except for a few, and I mean a very few moments of utter brilliance, even the commentators were querying Nuno' s substitutions as they happened, just like the Wolves fans that were there.
The fact we went 2-0 up clouded a lot of people’s memories of the game to be honest.
We were very lucky to be ahead at half time. Jota has a great game but overall we were poor.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At no point in the game did I feel comfortable or that we were the better side.

I still really enjoyed the day, loved it in fact, being at Wembley watching Wolves with my 9 year old lad was just amazing.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah great experience to get to Wembley again spoilt by the result, and what i would suggest are 2 of Nunos worst errors with regards subsitutions, it was all very well taking off Ruben and Diogo but we had nothing to come back with when we went behind...

H

Hornet22

Alright lads, Watford fan here. I watched the semi-final again on Sunday as I'm sure many of you didn't. What a day for us, not so much for you lot. The humiliation we suffered in the final tainted the semi-final a little, but for most Watford fans we don't particularly care that we got stuffed, as the comeback was good enough for us. We never expected to win against City (I don't think you would have beaten them either, although it probably would have been a better contest)

Having watched it back, taking off Jota killed any momentum you had imo. I've only seen bits and pieces of you lot this season but Jota seemed your biggest threat and him going off meant Jiminez was rather isolated and we then took control of the midfield. When your second went in I thought it was game over, as did many other standing around me. We just didn't have it in us to haul back a 2 goal lead, but then came Deulofeu. Personally I think Patricio would have saved his second, but take nothing away from him that day, a sublime half an hour or so. Was 100% a penalty, Danny Murphy on commentary said how tired Dendoncker looked, maybe that was why he was too slow to react

It's interesting to see how both teams have done a year on; we just collapsed after this game, winning once in the league until November (and that was at already relegated Huddersfield) whilst you lot have stormed it, fair play. Best of luck in Europe once the season restarts (if it ever does)

Back
Top Bottom