Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup semi final rerun on bbc

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching it would be an act of self harm

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My mate booked a hotel at Wembley as stood inside stadium when Raul made it 2 and it wasnt refundable.

Not funny and i write this punching the keys but i do try and see funny in everything. Bit funny but not really.
****. That day still hurts.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m convinced we would have given City a proper game in the Final.
Played them 4 times in the premier league and once in the Asia cup in the last 2 years and only lost once (and that was with 10 men for 70 minutes).
One of the things that made the defeat to Watford even worse was the amount of people saying “oh well, we’d have been battered in the final anyway”. We could have beaten them.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spent £5 on a program and I have still not looked at it in any depth having briefly flicked through it before the game.

Jason and the Argonauts is on Channel 5 at the same time as this is on BBC red button so that is what I shall be viewing ( or though I think I have seen it before )

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Bloody hell. With that and the Italia ‘90 semi-final, the BBC isn’t making lockdown any easier!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the neutral,in fact everyone but us,it was a classic comeback from the dead,ideal for Easter lol
Some part of me wants to watch it,but i just cant do it again,i only wish they would rerun the final straight after just to keep the Watford fans nailed down to the floor

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leaving aside the Wolves factor, this was a real waste of an opportunity for the BBC to delve deep into their archives and pull out something genuinely nostalgic inside of offering up 6 games from the last 5 years an options.

Why not Spurs v Arsenal with Gazza's amazing free-kick from 1991? Or either of the semis from the year before which produced Crystal Palace 4 Liverpool 3 and Oldham 3 Man Utd 3?

All of these games were shown in full live on the BBC so they must be in their archives. A really lazy effort all in all.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, aside from the heartbreak it caused us as Wolves fans, as an outsider it's a classic FA Cup semi-final. The highlights can **** off though, never watched them and I have no intention of doing so for a long, long time.

Taking Jota off (not so much Neves tbh) left us with nothing up top for extra time. The one and only time I think Nuno has believed the game was "done" before it was. At least he's learned his lessons since then.

Last edited:

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I’m convinced we would have given City a proper game in the Final.

Absolutely no doubt about it.

Just got done by two bits of quality from that Deulofeu on the day.

The Beeb currently have the clip of his first goal on their main football page…..want peeps to recreate it and post their efforts on social media. Plan to show them on Football Focus. ****ers! :(

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leaving aside the Wolves factor, this was a real waste of an opportunity for the BBC to delve deep into their archives and pull out something genuinely nostalgic inside of offering up 6 games from the last 5 years an options.

Why not Spurs v Arsenal with Gazza's amazing free-kick from 1991? Or either of the semis from the year before which produced Crystal Palace 4 Liverpool 3 and Oldham 3 Man Utd 3?

All of these games were shown in full live on the BBC so they must be in their archives. A really lazy effort all in all.
Agreed, I saw the list of games and all of them in the last 5 years, surely the Beeb and even ITV could do some proper old school classic stuff, there's been some decent WC rewind shows on iPlayer.
Itv4 used to have the big match revisited shows, can't they rerun some of them.
Like you say they must have the games in the archives so why not put them out there on the iPlayer so people could choose.
What about Boro v Chesterfield in 97, even for a neutral it would be worth viewing.

D

Deleted member 5910

What a strange game for the BBC to show. I know it's a vote, but it wasn't an objectively superb, cut and thrust game or anything- plus there was no fairytale ending for Watford as they went on to suffer the joint-worst ever FA Cup final defeat. We went 2 up, made poor tactical substitutions, became very leggy and Watford inevitably got back into it. The way the game was going, it would have been an achievement just to take it to penalties. We were physically and mentally shot.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a strange game for the BBC to show. I know it's a vote, but it wasn't an objectively superb, cut and thrust game or anything- plus there was no fairytale ending for Watford as they went on to suffer the joint-worst ever FA Cup final defeat. We went 2 up, made poor tactical substitutions, became very leggy and Watford inevitably got back into it. The way the game was going, it would have been an achievement just to take it to penalties. We were physically and mentally shot.

A team being 2-0 in an FA Cup Semi Final and losing is a classic tbh, can completely see why it was voted to be shown again as it is entertaining.

All this talk of it just makes me relive it through my brain though. Patricio would've saved his first. Daft penalty tackle from Dendoncker for their equaliser. Taking Jota off left us with nothing in extra time as he was causing them problems all afternoon. Even after it all went to pot, Cavaleiro messed around when through on goal to get us back in it. Ergh.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Perhaps the BBC will do what they’ve done with Doctor Who, and completely change the outcome, history and characters to suit their woke agendas? Probably find its been digitally changed to include mainly women and all the useless male players just end up falling over on the pitch . Wolverhampton She-Wolves end up winning 345-288. Yay.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Excellent point there are numerous others games they could have shown and as you say Palace v Liverpool is not even in there ( But of course we cannot have a rerun of a media darling losing a Semi Final as modern day youngsters are brought up to believe that with the " Big Six Guardians of their Galaxy " otherwise known as VAR helping Liverpool / Manure or whoever has had a goal scored against them and knowing it will get chalked off they would not be able to believe things like this actually happened ! ) Spurs v Arsenal in 91 is another good shout.

BT Sport are doing their bit in fairness and showing games " BP " no not the petrol station " BP " means " Before Premier " ! Last night I watched the 1970 Semi between Chelsea and Watford played on a Torbay beach ( Brian Moore claimed it was White Hart Lane but no way not with the amount of sand there was on the pitch. They had Arsenal v Stoke from 72 and not for nothing were Arsenal known as " Lucky Arsenal " only Stoke will know how they did not win. Finally they had Arsenal 1 Sunderland 2 from 1973 which was my first year as Wolves fan and so is not a good game to watch as I was convinced even as a kid that if we had beaten " Dirty Leeds " then we would have stuffed Sunderland in the final !

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being funny but out of the other selections this was obviously chosen by others to spite us there was a lot better games to choose from even villa beating Liverpool was a better game our match was simply walking pace

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Not a ****ing chance will I watch this..

Was erased from memory until a few days ago :mad:

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have two choices, watch that match to the very end or a have a pack of wild dingo eat me alive, gnawing at my intestines will I watch.

I hope the poor dingo don't get poisoned by the dump in my guts.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not actually on the main TV channels is it?

On Red button, iPlayer etc. so you would have to go out your way to find it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FA Cup: Watford's 2019 semi-final win to be shown again on BBC

Watford's thrilling FA Cup semi-final win against Wolves last season will be shown again in full on the BBC on Sunday, after you voted it your favourite of six cracking last-four ties from recent years.

No one likes us we don’t care. Wim in Europe ay we pride of the midlands!
To a neutral it must have been a great watch. Having been there l would rather put my balls in a deep fat fryer than watch that (or at least the last 20 minutes of the second half and extra time) again...

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Not being funny but out of the other selections this was obviously chosen by others to spite us there was a lot better games to choose from even villa beating Liverpool was a better game our match was simply walking pace

Them Boggies have learned to use the interweb and social media real well.

Haven’t they got an absurdly huge following on Twitter or something, one that doesn’t quite fit right with their actual standing?

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully it's equally painful for the Watford fans......a reminder that all that it resulted in was humiliation.....

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Just watched it, was there in real life so this was the first time I've seen it on the telly, and have to say I don't remember us being as bad throughout the match as I've just seen, except for a few, and I mean a very few moments of utter brilliance, even the commentators were querying Nuno' s substitutions as they happened, just like the Wolves fans that were there.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched up to Doc's goal but couldn't face any more. I thought we were really poor up till then tbh. My memory of the day was that we were much better than that?

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watched it all again as I was feeling a touch masochistic today. So many 'what if' moments - Doherty's two good chances to make it 3-0, Ruddy nearly getting to Deeney's pen, Cavaleiro dribbling it around Gomez but then miscontrolling in the dying moments of extra time. And if only Nuno had subbed anyone else apart from Neves, Jota and Moutinho!

It wasn't the greatest performance though overall. Apart from a few moments of brilliance (Raul's goal being the standout moment), we were pretty ordinary throughout.

Back
Top Bottom