Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup, Brighton home

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The price is always the most significant factor.

Some try and argue that if we played Liverpool/United etc. that it would sell out, but there's not much to back that up.

In 2019, we played Liverpool at home in the third round and got 25,849 and £30 an adult. Liverpool brought the Steve Bull lower and the quadrant.

In the fourth round we got 28,844 against Shrewsbury Town when the ticket was £15. Shrewsbury didn't sell out all the Steve Bull lower.

So it's hard to accept the glory hunter tag that some want to throw about.

I'm a season ticket holder so this sort of thing doesn't usually register with me, but I saw on social media that face value for a South Bank ticket on Sunday was £41.50!! Sheffield United at home on the TV. It's insane and presumably closer to £50 on the sides?

This usually triggers a response of 'everyone else charges loads' or 'have two pints less at the pub' or other rubbish.

Yes football clubs on a whole are greedy ****s but we don't care about others, it's about Wolves for us, and unfortunately we're one of the worst in the country for this.

If we can't sell out against Brighton at home for a place in the QF of the FA Cup then you shouldn't be a fool like that Danks and question our support. Your questions should be towards those who set it at a price that's too much.

We're a football club based in one of the poorest areas in the country and it would be nice for our club to recognise that every now and then with the ticket prices, especially in a cup game that they won't have (or shouldn't have) budgeted for.
Great analysis.

Perhaps Fosun's greatest, most long-lasting failure has been the failure to use pricing to build the fanbase. They have squandered almost EIGHT years in failing to take this fundamental issue seriously. The ground should have been expanded as a matter of priority, and cheaper ticket prices used to lower the average age of match attenders and, more broadly, build the fanbase for the next generation. And beyond.

Shameful.

Last edited:

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great analysis.

Perhaps Fosun's greatest, most long-lasting failures has been the failure to use pricing to build the fanbase. They have squandered almost EIGHT years in failing to take this fundamental issue seriously. The ground should have been expanded as a matter of priority, and cheaper ticket prices used to lower the average age of match attenders and, more broadly, build the fanbase for the next generation. And beyond.

Shameful.

Agreed. I usually take my little one to cup games as they find watching on TV boring. Kids really engage with the atmosphere at the ground.

£20 and a fiver for kids would've been fine - I think £30 is a **** take and I'll be sat at home watching on iPlayer. Probably on my own!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The price is always the most significant factor.

Some try and argue that if we played Liverpool/United etc. that it would sell out, but there's not much to back that up.

In 2019, we played Liverpool at home in the third round and got 25,849 and £30 an adult. Liverpool brought the Steve Bull lower and the quadrant.

In the fourth round we got 28,844 against Shrewsbury Town when the ticket was £15. Shrewsbury didn't sell out all the Steve Bull lower.

So it's hard to accept the glory hunter tag that some want to throw about.

I'm a season ticket holder so this sort of thing doesn't usually register with me, but I saw on social media that face value for a South Bank ticket on Sunday was £41.50!! Sheffield United at home on the TV. It's insane and presumably closer to £50 on the sides?

This usually triggers a response of 'everyone else charges loads' or 'have two pints less at the pub' or other rubbish.

Yes football clubs on a whole are greedy ****s but we don't care about others, it's about Wolves for us, and unfortunately we're one of the worst in the country for this.

If we can't sell out against Brighton at home for a place in the QF of the FA Cup then you shouldn't be a fool like that Danks and question our support. Your questions should be towards those who set it at a price that's too much.

We're a football club based in one of the poorest areas in the country and it would be nice for our club to recognise that every now and then with the ticket prices, especially in a cup game that they won't have (or shouldn't have) budgeted for.
Good analysis.
And you may be right that price is the biggest factor, but there are other significant factors.
From memory the Liverpool game you mention was a night match on telly? Shrewsbury an afternoon not on telly??

Strangely I think there are plenty of fans who actually would rather see us against Shrewsbury than Liverpool due to the novelty of it.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking over who is missing for Brighton and the sort of side they might field.

Verbruggen

Lamptey---Hecke---Dunk---Estupian

Gross---Baleba

Buonanotte---Enciso---Adingra

Fati
Still very decent, especially dangerous on the counter I would have thought.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking over who is missing for Brighton and the sort of side they might field.

Verbruggen

Lamptey---Hecke---Dunk---Estupian

Gross---Baleba

Buonanotte---Enciso---Adingra

Fati
Still very decent, especially dangerous on the counter I would have thought.
Gross is a good player I think.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This on the box tonight? Sorry if anyone from twitter is reading this question, go easy on me.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without making any assumptions - when's the draw?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks - so the draw is taking place when half the games are left to play!

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good analysis.
And you may be right that price is the biggest factor, but there are other significant factors.
From memory the Liverpool game you mention was a night match on telly? Shrewsbury an afternoon not on telly??

Strangely I think there are plenty of fans who actually would rather see us against Shrewsbury than Liverpool due to the novelty of it.
Shrewsbury was a replay so would have been a night match. No idea if it was on TV though.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw on Brighton's site and also Daily Mail that the attendance was 23,822. Looked more than that to me.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Saw on Brighton's site and also Daily Mail that the attendance was 23,822. Looked more than that to me.
Quadrant very sparse, corner not opened, 1k left in the away section. That's 3.5k gone before you start looking in the wings of the Bully etc.

More noise (admittedly only for the last 15 minutes) than the 31k crowds have generated all season though.

Maybe £5 less would have got 5k more in, still struggling to believe it though.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ones who went to Brentford home and Brighton should have first refusal for Coventry tickets regardless of there season ticket status for me....if you haven't attended those games you should lose you place in the que for Coventry.....jumping on the bandwagon.....

Might have a decent atmosphere instead of the premier league prawn sandwich crowd turning up....

Villa Ajax tickets were done on cup loyalty...

In fact all those fans who thought Brighton was too dear I wouldn't even apply for a ticket for the semi final or final for them ...I would do them a favour, save them being forced to fork out ..

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The ones who went to Brentford home and Brighton should have first refusal for Coventry tickets regardless of there season ticket status for me....if you haven't attended those games you should lose you place in the que for Coventry.....jumping on the bandwagon.....

Might have a decent atmosphere instead of the premier league prawn sandwich crowd turning up....

In fact all those fans who thought Brighton was too dear I wouldn't even apply for a ticket for the semi final or final for them ...I would do them a favour, save them being forced to fork out ..
Harsh, but some sympathy. Couldn't help feeling that the atmosphere that helped get us over the line was partly down to the draw having happened and people thinking we had a great chance to go to Wembley. The irony being that many of those getting the team over the line won't be able to get a ticket!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harsh, but some sympathy. Couldn't help feeling that the atmosphere that helped get us over the line was partly down to the draw having happened and people thinking we had a great chance to go to Wembley. The irony being that many of those getting the team over the line won't be able to get a ticket!
Yes I'm not dishing people...but been saying for years cup games should be a separate loyalty based thing.... obviously being a season ticket holder you should get first dibs on your seat in each competition but lose your priority after that...

It's also a way of creating a bit of loyalty and reward for the non season tickets holders who can't afford a season ticket ..if you had a south bank seat against Brighton you should get first dibs on that seat for Coventry......the ones who saved the £25 can sit in the temporary stand if any tickets left...

Premier season ticket should mean premier league priority...cup loyalty should mean cup priority...and tough if ya miss out ..

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They shouldn't have a problem for the semi final, my dad had only been to one game in 18-19 and got one no problem. The final would be a different story with the smaller allocation.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
There is no fair way. I went to the Brentford replay, but couldn’t go to the Brighton game due to work commitments.
I had a membership for years but when they stopped the loyalty points I didn’t renew, I wasn’t going to pay £30 for no benefit.
All this superfan stuff makes my **** boil, I’ve been going to games for 49 years, I went home and away in the dark days but I’m no more entitled to tickets than anyone else even though I’ve done the time and the hard miles.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I'm not dishing people...but been saying for years cup games should be a separate loyalty based thing.... obviously being a season ticket holder you should get first dibs on your seat in each competition but lose your priority after that...

It's also a way of creating a bit of loyalty and reward for the non season tickets holders who can't afford a season ticket ..if you had a south bank seat against Brighton you should get first dibs on that seat for Coventry......the ones who saved the £25 can sit in the temporary stand if any tickets left...

Premier season ticket should mean premier league priority...cup loyalty should mean cup priority...and tough if ya miss out ..
An alternative way to achieve what you seem to want is have people sign up to a cup season ticket, and they automatically get a ticket for each cup game, say £20 regardless of who the opposition is.

Though I don’t really think any of it is necessary.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An alternative way to achieve what you seem to want is have people sign up to a cup season ticket, and they automatically get a ticket for each cup game, say £20 regardless of who the opposition is.

Though I don’t really think any of it is necessary.
Just a shame for the casual fans who went to Brighton n Brentford..... season ticket holders use cost as a issue for not going to Brighton which is fair enough but a lot of fans can't afford a season ticket, so don't go......

A lot of clubs do force you to go to cup games with a season ticket... obviously they could give you the option to opt out but for me that's your call but you should not be first in the que for the quarter finals and semi finals etc...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no fair way. I went to the Brentford replay, but couldn’t go to the Brighton game due to work commitments.
I had a membership for years but when they stopped the loyalty points I didn’t renew, I wasn’t going to pay £30 for no benefit.
All this superfan stuff makes my **** boil, I’ve been going to games for 49 years, I went home and away in the dark days but I’m no more entitled to tickets than anyone else even though I’ve done the time and the hard miles.
It's not being a super fan......I'm a season ticket holder who lives local so I go to cup games....I understand all the other reasons people don't go...just cause I can afford a season ticket holder doesn't make me a better fan than someone who can only make 3/4 games a season cause they can't afford it..

I just don't like the fans who demand there seat and then moan that it's to to dear for Brighton, its too cold for Brentford....oh yes Coventry I will go to that one . .where's my seat....it's gone mate sorry....

I'm thinking of the fans who can't afford the luxury of a season ticket who go to say Brighton n Brentford because they can but nw will be not able to go to Coventry, cause superfan season ticket holder has got excited about the cup ....

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not being a super fan......I'm a season ticket holder who lives local so I go to cup games....I understand all the other reasons people don't go...

I just don't like the fans who demand there seat and then moan that it's to to dear for Brighton, its too cold for Brentford....oh yes Coventry I will go to that one . .where's my seat....it's gone mate sorry....

I'm thinking of the fans who can't afford the luxury of a season ticket who go to say Brighton n Brentford because they can but nw will be not able to go to Coventry, cause superfan season ticket holder has got excited about the cup ....
Same with loyalty points for the prem games that they’ve now got rid of. It used to be if you went to the dhit games you got priority for the big games but now it’s a free for all and that doesn’t seem fair to me.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's an interesting take a ST who shells out £700-800 go's to every home game than someone who go's to two games who has the priority ? Everyone has reasons why they can go to one game not the other. Work /childcare /financial.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's an interesting take a ST who shells out £700-800 go's to every home game than someone who go's to two games who has the priority ? Everyone has reasons why they can go to one game not the other. Work /childcare /financial.
The cup is separate....that's a choice .....not everybody can afford a season ticket...it doesn't make you more of a fan....

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree. The cup games should have a loyalty scheme of their own. I’m saying this as somebody who missed Brighton and can’t make Coventry either but who will try to get Wembley tickets if I can and if we get there.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. The cup games should have a loyalty scheme of their own. I’m saying this as somebody who missed Brighton and can’t make Coventry either but who will try to get Wembley tickets if I can and if we get there.
Loyalty points will be used for the semi and the final should we get there.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm trying to encourage the fan who can't afford the luxury of a season ticket but might like an incentive to go against Rochdale in a 3rd round....

Not all season ticket holders would be guaranteed to get a ticket for the fa cup final....it will be done on loyalty....so if you haven't gone to any cup games the likelihood is you will miss out...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's ok.....I would let ya have a seat for Wembley but it wouldn't be a decent one.... restricted view at best.....

• Haha

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nah, part of purchasing a season ticket is getting priority to cup games.

It's like buying a membership - the only real benefit is getting priority access to games.

The system is fine as it is

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah, part of purchasing a season ticket is getting priority to cup games.

It's like buying a membership - the only real benefit is getting priority access to games.

The system is fine as it is
Yes you should get the initial priority I agree ...but once you have give up that right it's tough....you shouldn't just be able to rock up at a quarter final cause the price, weather and opposition we get suit ya...if your seat is gone , join the que for the temporary stand......

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
It's not being a super fan......I'm a season ticket holder who lives local so I go to cup games....I understand all the other reasons people don't go...just cause I can afford a season ticket holder doesn't make me a better fan than someone who can only make 3/4 games a season cause they can't afford it..

Didn’t mean you mate, I’m on about the superfans who’d starve for a week. I’d love a season ticket but work commitments wouldn’t make it worthwhile

Back
Top Bottom