Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton verdict

loppers86

Reaction score
i have to hold my hands up and say gary o’neil has been amazing.

i was furious that shi had got us into the mess where we needed a fire sale and thought o’neil was just a continuation of the poundland strategy-i was wrong.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best performance of the season so far for me because it was so controlled. I expected more from Everton but we controlled them easily. Everyone played their part. It's nice to watch a Wolves game with absolutely nothing to worry about for a good amount of time.

Man of the Match is a tough one as everyone did their job but I'll go for Sarabia. It could have been one of many though.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Absolutely magnificent. Best all round performance since we beat Arsenal at home under Nuno. Comfortable throughout and probably deserved to win by more. Looked absolutely electric going forward and some breathtaking football at times.

Everyone excellent but Cunha MoM, closely followed by Doyle. Thought he and Gomes may get overrun in midfield but they both ran the show. Hugely impressive for such young footballers.

Sa 7
Kilman 8
Dawson 8
Toti 8
Semedo 8
Gomes 8
Doyle 9
RAN 8
Sarabia 8
Cunha 9
Hwang 8

Bueno 7
Traore 7
Bellegarde 7
Neto 7

An almost flawless display where everything came together. Huge, huge credit to O’Neil and the coaching staff. Looked a genuinely good Premier League side today.

What a week to be a Wolves fan.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally bossed them from start to finish.

Whereas winning by 3 goals during the week was about clinically using huge errors from the opponent, today was just a solid reward for total domination. We really could and should have scored 5.

A fantastic end to a calendar year that started in a very jeopardous position and despite the typical Wolves rollercoaster ride has ended in a good place.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5-1 would have been a fairer reflection of a really good game.
GON has been a miracle worker.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
About as complete a performance as we could wish for! They did it for Super Mario today and boy did they do it for him! Gutted Hwang and Neto’s goals were ruled out because they would have been the icing on the cake but god how good to see Neto back on the pitch! Hardly any sloppy passes and movement up top was incredible! One very happy Wolf!!!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A complete performance, really pleasing on the eye and effective in both boxes. Excellent stuff.
Enjoyed pretty much every minute of that. And we were pleasing on the eye. Fluid movement all over the pitch. Comfortable on the ball. It's been a long time since we had such a dominant and comfortable 90 minutes as that (forgetting Brentford 3 days ago!). Should have won that by about 5 or 6 goals. With the bottom 3 all losing there is no fear of relegation this season which considering how things were in Aug/Sep is quite amazing.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t been able to attend a single game over the holiday period due to family illnesses. Luckily, I managed to watch most of this match...

We were unbelievably good. Some of our tippy tappy passing moves were an absolute joy to behold. Can’t quite get over what I’ve just watched. Very, very impressive.

Take a bow Mr GON and team. Superb.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
We absolutely took them to the cleaners. Could and should have scored more but fantastic defensively, in midfield and attack. I loved the fact that we kept on attacking after every goal and there was no hanging onto a lead or shutting the game down. We took the **** of good old Everton and their asterisk. We have not had as good a Christmas as that in years. 11 points ahead of Nuno's Forest as it stands and 28 points ahead of Lopetegui's backside on the chair while he looks for a better team to manage. UP THE GARY!

Sá 10
Kilman 10
Dawson 10
Toti Gomes 10
Semedo 10
João Gomes 10
Doyle 10
Aït-Nouri 10
Sarabia 10
Cunha 10
Hwang 10

Subs
Doherty 10
Traoré 10
Bueno 10
Bellegarde 10
Neto 10

Manager
Gary O'Neil 11

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo man of the match for me. Looked a 27 million pound player! First to everything and always looking to break.

Tommy Doyle was quality and we should take up the 4 million option. Always available for a pass. Made the correct decisions and hustled. The conductor.

I fact they all had good games. Notable mention to joao Gomes too who won lots of tackles. Brilliant!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take nothing away from an OUTSTANDING performance by Wolves but I don't think I've seen a team have a more anonymous midfield than Everton did today. Did little to protect their back 3 and nothing going forward either.

Last edited:

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silky skills, one touch passing, intelligent runs, razor sharp finishing.. and the Bournemouth fans accused GON of playing four football?? We honestly have a future England Manager at the helm.. can we have a nice FA Cup run please Gary!! COYW!!

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Great result and performance. Hope J Gomes is ok. Only 6 days before the FA Cup game. But the lads need a couple of days off. Beat Brentford then off to the sun for a training camp and R&R. Well deserved.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Watched the second half on TV as couldn’t be there today unfortunately.
Well played Wolves, could have been more than three. Deserved the win.
28pts reached….lets push on in 24. A couple of additions in attack and for me GK will help no end.
Well done G’ON.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely magnificent. Best all round performance since we beat Arsenal at home under Nuno. Comfortable throughout and probably deserved to win by more. Looked absolutely electric going forward and some breathtaking football at times.

Everyone excellent but Cunha MoM, closely followed by Doyle. Thought he and Gomes may get overrun in midfield but they both ran the show. Hugely impressive for such young footballers.

Sa 7
Kilman 8
Dawson 8
Toti 8
Semedo 8
Gomes 8
Doyle 9
RAN 8
Sarabia 8
Cunha 9
Hwang 8

Bueno 7
Traore 7
Bellegarde 7
Neto 7

An almost flawless display where everything came together. Huge, huge credit to O’Neil and the coaching staff. Looked a genuinely good Premier League side today.

What a week to be a Wolves fan.
This! Icing on the cake would have been Neto's goal, but that's just me being a greedy pig.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't remember a better performance, some stunning one touch football. Every player a10/10 and 11 for GoN. Great way to finish the year and happy New Year to all.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was class from a proper football fan on the Everton forum. Sometimes you have admit you were well beaten on the day, something one particular Everton fan really struggled with!:

cannot stand Wolves btw, tiny tiny tiny club with as many footballing honours as me. had an opportunity today to unite with our fans and kick off at the PL for the treatment we have both received (them less so). What do they do after 10 minutes? Start signing “same old scousers always cheating”.

I’m fairly sure we’ll still be in this league in ten years time but for that serial lower league outfit i’m not so certain
Talking utter crap you idiot. Founding members of the league, arguably formed European Cup, were the best team pretty much anywhere in the 50's, won the FA Cup 4 times, League Cup twice, League title 3 times and yet you show them so much disrespect.

So what if they sang a song... I remember going to Mol. when they were on their slide down and we most certainly gave them some stick. Now we have just been soundly beaten and this is what you come up with. Accept defeat with grace.

Somehow Gary has got us scoring 7 goals in two games, four of those away from home for this first time in the PL I believe? Great to see us comfortably win another game without having to fret the final 10 minutes.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a fine afternoon’s viewing that was.

Bossed them from start to finish, it should have been 6 or 7 (not least with 2 offside goals) and we were just so comfortable in everything we did.

Great to see our two centre half’s get on the scorers list and that second goal was seriously good play.

Nice to get Clean Sheet Number 3 of the season too and Sa made a couple of very big stops to make sure of it.

Happy New Year everyone and with us only 5 points from 6th: does anyone fancy a Continental?

Up The Wolves and forever be at peace Mario’s father.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
3 goals, one off the post, two "goals" ruled offside, a clean sheet and the return of Neto.
Brilliant performance from the back to the front. Everyone played well with some exquisite first time passing.
My only gripe is that we didn't score more. We should have.
Wow - more of the same please Wolves!

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Superb performance.

Looked assured at the back apart from a 5 / 10 spell when they initially brought Gomes on. Semedo and RAN both did brilliant in their roles today, being an outlet at all times.

Doyle came in and did a great job - kept it simple when needed, put his foot on the ball to control the tempo and also played some great switch balls out. Started the move for the 2nd with his pass to Sarabia.

But the most pleasing aspect was the front 3. So many times in the past we have been bullied by the likes of Keane, Tarkowski etc. but today we really gave as good as we got. Aggressive but with a purpose - very impressed by all 3.

Special shout to Traore who looked great when he came on, along with Neto of course. Him scoring at the end would have been the icing on the cake.

Well done to GON, his staff and the players today but also for the last week. 3 games in 6 days resulting in 9 points - not even the most optimistic of us would have predicated that.

Back
Top Bottom