Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton verdict

WinchWolf

Reaction score
Best performance for a long time, we now look like a team that can score. Could easily have had 5.

Great overall performance, but what a player Ait-Nouri is and very positive to see Cunha and Hwang really starting to gel.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Semedo man of the match for me. Looked a 27 million pound player! First to everything and always looking to break.

Tommy Doyle was quality and we should take up the 4 million option. Always available for a pass. Made the correct decisions and hustled. The conductor.

I fact they all had good games. Notable mention to joao Gomes too who won lots of tackles. Brilliant!
There wasn't a man of the match today, the whole team take that award

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tom King was on the Wolves comms today, some interesting insights including that before kick off GON played the squad a montage of what the pundits were saying about us at the start of the season. He said you could see in their eyes how much it fired them up for this game today, to go out and show what they can do. Great stuff.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Dominated the game, never in trouble, very good result. Glad to see Gon didn't try and sit on a lead and in fact really it should have been 6 or 7. Big shame with this confidence and momentum that there's a stupid break again.

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question. How bad was Lage?
I thought Lopetegui was the Messiah but Mr O'Neill is getting much better performances from a very very similar side.

Fair play. We've been brilliant recently

I'm sure there will be bad runs again but 28 points by Christmas seems magical after we were on 3 points from 6 games!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Lopetegui was the Messiah but Mr O'Neill is getting much better performances from a very very similar side.

I'm sure there will be bad runs again but 28 points by Christmas seems magical after we were on 3 points from 6 games!
Lage is a fraud of the highest order, sacked from a job in Brazil after just 3 months

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taken from Everton Forum:

"cannot stand Wolves btw, tiny tiny tiny club with as many footballing honours as me. had an opportunity today to unite with our fans and kick off at the PL for the treatment we have both received (them less so). What do they do after 10 minutes? Start signing “same old scousers always cheating”.

I’m fairly sure we’ll still be in this league in ten years time but for that serial lower league outfit i’m not so certain"

Used to quite Like Everton but after the last couple of years travelling with their fans just want them to d

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taken from Everton Forum:

"cannot stand Wolves btw, tiny tiny tiny club with as many footballing honours as me. had an opportunity today to unite with our fans and kick off at the PL for the treatment we have both received (them less so). What do they do after 10 minutes? Start signing “same old scousers always cheating”.

I’m fairly sure we’ll still be in this league in ten years time but for that serial lower league outfit i’m not so certain"

Used to quite Like Everton but after the last couple of years travelling with their fans just want them to d
Disappear without a trace.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Great result and performance. All the players put a shift in and the 3rd game in a short period. I was worried about this game as thoughy we would be tired but we looked in control. We used the width well and actually held onto the ball.

I thoughy Gomes,Doyle and Cunha were excellent. Gomes is going to be some player. If he is still at Wolves in 2 years I would be surprised.

Strange thing about this week. My wife said at the start of December she is going to start watching football with me. Never taken an interest before. She started watching when we played Fulham. I bought her, her own shirt and gave it her on the 23rd when family were over for Xmas. We have won all 3 since.

Last edited:

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Thought this was class from a proper football fan on the Everton forum. Sometimes you have admit you were well beaten on the day, something one particular Everton fan really struggled with!:

Talking utter crap you idiot. Founding members of the league, arguably formed European Cup, were the best team pretty much anywhere in the 50's, won the FA Cup 4 times, League Cup twice, League title 3 times and yet you show them so much disrespect.

So what if they sang a song... I remember going to Mol. when they were on their slide down and we most certainly gave them some stick. Now we have just been soundly beaten and this is what you come up with. Accept defeat with grace.

Somehow Gary has got us scoring 7 goals in two games, four of those away from home for this first time in the PL I believe? Great to see us comfortably win another game without having to fret the final 10 minutes.
From my vantage point I thought South Bank generally supported the protest at 10 minutes and this was applauded by Everton fans. After that died down there was a bit of banter for a couple of minutes. It was fine.

Fans were the best they've been all season, anyway - in every stand. Great songs, loud, supportive. Best feeling at Molineux for a long, long time.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sincere condolences to Super Mario for the loss of his father yesterday.
What a superb Xmas for Wolves and I think I’ll upgrade GON’s mid term report to an A+. I’m covered in red blotches from constantly pinching myself thinking I’m stuck in some lovely post Ipswich dream.
Happy and Peaceful New Year to the wonderful community that is the Mol Mix. Xxx

casbul

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been said, but credit not only to the performance but the fitness of the players. Basically every player in that starting 11 (except Doyle) has had a lot of minutes to play since Christmas eve (3 games !) and it would've been understandable if today their energy levels were low and we approached that game more cautiously. But we didn't and I'm chuffed to bits.

What a win!

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a Christmas! My main wishes for this season were to be free of the stress of a relegation battle and to have one match which we absolutely bossed and was (relatively) stress free. Both look like they are going to be achieved.
Hats off to GoN and the players - that was just lovely to watch.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am so, so pleased for Gary O'Neil after all the stick he got when he was appointed. Not from me though. I was in the 'give him some time' club. It was always going to take some time to see what he was made of and, although we might have the odd bad run, he has my support as he has shown great flexibility in his team management.

To end the year with 3 straight wins is incredible and exciting stuff. If he can take us on a bit of a cup run, it will be a very satisfactory first season for him. Then we can start building for a European place, but maybe he might get us there this season if this form continues!

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely magnificent. Best all round performance since we beat Arsenal at home under Nuno. Comfortable throughout and probably deserved to win by more. Looked absolutely electric going forward and some breathtaking football at times.

Everyone excellent but Cunha MoM, closely followed by Doyle. Thought he and Gomes may get overrun in midfield but they both ran the show. Hugely impressive for such young footballers.

Sa 7
Kilman 8
Dawson 8
Toti 8
Semedo 8
Gomes 8
Doyle 9
RAN 8
Sarabia 8
Cunha 9
Hwang 8

Bueno 7
Traore 7
Bellegarde 7
Neto 7

An almost flawless display where everything came together. Huge, huge credit to O’Neil and the coaching staff. Looked a genuinely good Premier League side today.

What a week to be a Wolves fan.
Low scores Tring, they were all worth a 9. Can't remember dominating an opponent like that fir years.

Monswolf

Reaction score
On a separate note how unlikable is James Tarkowski?!

Constanly throwing himself into dangerous tackles then moans at the ref's for clear fouls and looks to pick on certain players... proper ********!
100% spot on with this. He is a horrible footballer more of a thug than anyone else I can think atm. Watched them a couple of times and each and every game he either elbows them (accidentally) or goes straight through someone. Horrible horrible player

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we talk about the one touch football today? I’ve seen us misplace so many easy passes this season, that today looked like a totally different team.

Unfortunate we don’t have a PL game for several weeks, things are finally clicking!

An amazing festive week for us - scored the same points than Sheffield United have to date!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since we beat Everton last Xmas we have taken 63 points from 35 games by my reckoning

We have balanced the books.Pretty much

We have doubled a Dyche team for the first time ever , to nil as well

Decent 2023 on the pitch overall culminating in a dominant win today

Happy new year everyone

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good point … anyone smart enough to show the league table based on last 14 matches?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom