Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just relegate them

Assuming a similar scale of breach to Forest, then 6 pts would be reasonable since they cannot claim to have been helpful and proactive in dealing with the PL! Whether the independent commission makes some kind of allowance for a couple of the years having been punished already, even though that’s not the way the current PL rules work, is probably their only hope of a lesser punishment. The kop out would be to reduce it to 4 pts like Forest but for this different reason, but if they are genuinely objective in their assessment, then it should be more I think. One thing is certain - looking at their finances, they certainly cannot argue they are heading in the right direction in getting their finances in order, and that was I think one of their defences for the prior punishment.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 41573

Just been sent this. And they wonder why they’re in trouble.

Only one of them has been value for money and that is Pickford!!

Without him and his saves, they would have gone down last season! The same can be said this season, without him, they would be up a certain creek without a paddle!

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now, that is the very definition of a mess.

The line that got me, though, was the one that said they owe creditors c£500m. WTF?
Yes I think the middle of the month will be very important for them , especially if it's in the back of another points deduction and the creditors take over ...

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
I should think another points deduction is the least of Everton’s problems, those figures quoted above in the Sun article are truly eye watering, mismanagement of the highest order!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just been on the grand old team forum and the Everton fans are still blaming the Premier league.

Will the mayor and Everton fans finally admit that they should be punished for running at a loss of 255 million over three years?
I visited the site, and quite a few are blaming Mosri, Kenwright and the shadowy Russian dude.
One point being pushed is the league not allowing sponsorship lost due to the war in Ukraine to be written off. I didn't know anything about this, I'm not sure if I've read it correctly.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do they get out of this, even if they stay up this season? Surely they can’t spend anything on players, and they don’t have many players teams will be queuing up to buy to turn the finances around. It seems like they’re in a bit of a debt spiral?

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah they have! Sounds like they are in one bad situation relegated or not
I used to have a soft spot for Everton , early to mid 80s when I was kid and having spent a lot of time clubbing in Liverpool in the 90s got no problem with Scousers.(Unlike some)....

But christ they have took the **** for years... frustrating as rules seem to have us at every opportunity...

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
What I love is how they keep rolling out the "Covid19 hit us hard" excuse, like no other football club suffered!.

TBH they'll get away with it again, move to the new stadium, spend shed loads on average footballers, cycle through an infinite list of "top drawer" managers looking for an easy ride and a big pay off and somehow manage to avoid relegation by the skin of their teeth each year.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who predicted that Wolves were going to "do an Everton"? The next time someone is about to slag off Jeff Shi, they should close their eyes, picture this grease ball in their minds eye and hit delete.
The last thing any Wolves fan predicted was the club becoming endangered because of over-spending by Fosun.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always get saved. Premier League - corrupt as ****.
Same as when Villa were basically going out of business through their own stupidity, and I always had a feeling they’d get lucky and get rescued somehow. And now look? Think the PL will be really keen to ensure something similar happens for Everton if they can?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same as when Villa were basically going out of business through their own stupidity, and I always had a feeling they’d get lucky and get rescued somehow. And now look? Think the PL will be really keen to ensure something similar happens for Everton if they can?
They want to look after their product

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a way its a shame the 10 pts were reduced as it really proved a deterrent for a while. Just look at Forests pathetic 4 pts when they openly ignored the rules to help them stay up.

Back
Top Bottom