Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I don't understand was the line in the ruling stating they got no sporting advantage from the overspend.

Despite having lampard in charge for some it, surely they recieved an unfair advantage on the field, or did having lampard nullify the advantage?
Maybe that should be the punishment....if you break the rules , you have to have Lampard as your manager for the following season....

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All feels like a stich up to me. ‘What’s the biggest deduction we can give them that looks to casual observers like it’s quite heavy, but to anyone with a brain they can see it’s puts them in zero danger if relegation’.

The fact they dish it out the moment everyone realises we have possibly the 3 weakest and I’ll equipped promoted teams in premier league history.

Cannot stick Everton fans. Sour faced far left bitter and twisted commie nut jobs the lot of them. Hope the teams truly impacted here sue the **** off them.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the news it says the Premier League wanted a 12 point deduction
It was an independent commission that gave the 10 point deduction not the Prem

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure the levels down there made decision-makers feel fine about the 10 points. They still wouldn’t have an excuse to be relegated.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see it now. City and Chelsea to be relegated at the end of the season along with bottom 3 (not Everton of course), then the top 4 in the championship promoted automatically with 5th to 9th in the play offs. Albion claim 4th on the last day on goal difference. Rooney's Birmingham finish 9th and win the play offs.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The have a crystal ball and found out they’re going down this year?

normally when prize money has already been handed out, those clubs that finished below Everton lost out on position money or incurred losses themselves. So if Everton have now been found guilty and punished they may have a claim....where would Everton have finished last season with 10 points less?

There have been a few where clubs were going to sue other clubs which was then settled out of court, West Ham having to chuck Sheff Utd about 20 mill was a big case when Sheff Utd got relegated but West Ham stayed up by breaking the rules.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I remember it VERY well!

Hope both Everton and Blues go out of business!
I too remember the Wayne Clarke Stuart Storer scandalous transfer ! The Andy Gray transfer to Everton was criminal too . He may have been injury prone but he won them the lot - FA Cup League and they virtually stole him off us for 250k ffs

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have a rather cynical approach to this! 10 point deduction sounds harsh but Everton have been playing ok this season and there’s definitely 3 worse teams currently than them and the Prem know this hence it coming out today.

Be very interesting to see if VAR decisions go their way for the rest of the season?

Just saying!
Quite right. Best time to take a points deduction for Everton and the Premier League. Seen to be punished but relegation should be comfortably avoidable.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard an interview on Sky Sports News and one line of questioning was about how much Everton fans have suffered over the years. Suffered? Give me a break. they have never even been relegated! Fans of most other clubs suffer relegation, some clubs have drop out of the football league through relegation and struggle to return or never do. Many clubs have had massive points deductions in the EFL and been relegated, other clubs have gone out of business completely. Everton have always been in the top division, never been relegated, have won cups and top division titles. Not one taste of the pain of relegation. Suffered? I don't think so. Take your medicine.
They were relegated in 1953 from memory. Came straight back up

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I don't understand was the line in the ruling stating they got no sporting advantage from the overspend.

Despite having lampard in charge for some of it, surely they recieved an unfair advantage on the field, or did having lampard nullify the advantage?
Absolutely staggering!

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see it now. City and Chelsea to be relegated at the end of the season along with bottom 3 (not Everton of course), then the top 4 in the championship promoted automatically with 5th to 9th in the play offs. Albion claim 4th on the last day on goal difference. Rooney's Birmingham finish 9th and win the play offs.
That's some vision dude.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Despite having lampard in charge for some of it, surely they recieved an unfair advantage on the field, or did having lampard nullify the advantage?

I suspect that’s an attempt to help them avoid having to pay the clubs seeking financial compensation, and a potential claim those clubs may have on the PL for not acting sooner. But it makes no sense given they’d previously argued for a points deduction as punishment as a sporting sanction for the sporting advantage the overspend gave Everton.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's some vision dude.
On the other hand we will stop up.
In another scenario if they do relegate City and Chelsea then maybe there will only be one relegation place, massively increasing Evertons chances again.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect that’s an attempt to help them avoid having to pay the clubs seeking financial compensation, and a potential claim those clubs may have on the PL for not acting sooner. But it makes no sense given they’d previously argued for a points deduction as punishment as a sporting sanction for the sporting advantage the overspend gave Everton.
So,does it leave a loophole for appeal? A sporting sanction being inappropriate in view of the assertion, within the ruling, that no sporting advantage was obtained. I feel certain they will wriggle out of it somehow, especially if it does start to look like they are in any danger of relegation as a result. A successful appeal on these grounds might also put City in a position where the most they have to fear is a financial penalty and then its drinks all round back at the old boys club.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All feels like a stich up to me. ‘What’s the biggest deduction we can give them that looks to casual observers like it’s quite heavy, but to anyone with a brain they can see it’s puts them in zero danger if relegation’.

The fact they dish it out the moment everyone realises we have possibly the 3 weakest and I’ll equipped promoted teams in premier league history.

Cannot stick Everton fans. Sour faced far left bitter and twisted commie nut jobs the lot of them. Hope the teams truly impacted here sue the **** off them.
Nice balanced view of Everton fans. What a load of ****** that is - sorry if the comment is ironic

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So,does it leave a loophole for appeal? A sporting sanction being inappropriate in view of the assertion, within the ruling, that no sporting advantage was obtained. I feel certain they will wriggle out of it somehow, especially if it does start to look like they are in any danger of relegation as a result. A successful appeal on these grounds might also put City in a position where the most they have to fear is a financial penalty and then its drinks all round back at the old boys club.

It probably leaves a loophole to appeal the sanction, if not the breach. There really should be jeopardy in an appeal like there has been in challenging red card suspensions in the past. If there’s none, then what’s to lose for the club appealing even if they themselves think they are lucky in the size and timing of the sanction? Now if they faced the risk of the points deduction being doubled if they appeal, they may think twice.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It probably leaves a loophole to appeal the sanction, if not the breach. There really should be jeopardy in an appeal like there has been in challenging red card suspensions in the past. If there’s none, then what’s to lose for the club appealing even if they themselves think they are lucky in the size and timing of the sanction? Now if they faced the risk of the points deduction being doubled if they appeal, they may think twice.
Can't really understand it. The PL wanted it sorted last season, if the sanction had been enforced in May then Everton would be in the Championship and Leicester would be in the PL. So regardless of what they call it, their failure to sort it at the appropriate time (understandable when you see the crazy amount of evidence submitted) has resulted in something like maybe £70m loss to Leicester and the best you can say is they might make it back next season. Not sure anyone else has much claim, but they surely do, we'd be raging now if it was us.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I don’t think that any pro-Everton/far left conspirators knew how crap the bottom 6 of the Premier League were going to be when Everton were charged back in March.

It’s clear from Wolves actions over the summer that those in the know knew that a points deduction was coming for those in breach of ffp. They’ve been fortunate that the league is particularly ****e this year but in no way is this some pro-scouse conspiracy.

Man City will get their punishment but working through their multiple charges will take a lot longer.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the previously bottom 3 will raise their game a bit, and I'm not sure Everton will. I reckon that they'll go down.
Wouldn't surprise me, though, if the deduction is cut to 5 or 6.
Personally, I'd raise it to 20 and have done with them !

Bigcheese

Reaction score
For me, and I haven't been following this thread,ffp is a load of ******.
If you own the club and you want to spend, then crack on.
In no other line of business are you deprived from investing in it.

Back
Top Bottom