Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toffee TV calling for Man City, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Forest and Wolves to now be thoroughly investigated. Apparently, the whole world is against Everton FC.
They are the worse of the worse always moaning about something or whenever there is a negative story about Everton or its fans its all a big conspiracy and false..

Plus whenever they lose its always how a big club like Everton shouldn't be losing to these... Awful channel only worth watching to see the tears!

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toffee TV calling for Man City, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Forest and Wolves to now be thoroughly investigated. Apparently, the whole world is against Everton FC.
This is what I was getting at with my earlier comment about setting a precedent. Teams should rightly be investigated if the post figures that are not compliant with the profit and sustainability rules. Does the public know who the Premier League are looking into?

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did they miss the fire sale we had over summer to avoid the exact scenario they now find themselves in?

Embarrassing fans, take your medicine. If other clubs have breached then the president is now set.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About time but I can’t help thinking that there are a number of others coming close . City Newcastle Chelsea Forest must be the closest and even Man Utd have spunked millions .

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We look ok to me
so over the 3 years they've lost about £100m more than then next worse and in their worst year the £354m loss is about £200m more than any other club has made in a single year

that £350m loss will still be in the 3 year window next year and the £120m loss the year before drops out of the window

so they could well be in breach again next season if they don't make big cuts

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did our own thorough investigation, it’s why we sold about £150m worth of players this summer.
with only £20m loss due to drop off the 3 year window this year then £122m loss the following one, this year finances probably tight to keep within the figures, then things should improve a bit once the larger loss goes.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does stink though the whole timing of it..... couldn't of happened at a better time for Everton.....form and chances of survival are better than at any point since the offenses happened.......it's as if it's all been done to limit the chances of long term damage.... shocking it didn't happen last season or before a ball was kicked this season......

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren't we under temporary restrictions though (quite often that clubs get some kind of warning to comply quickly 'or else')? And our selling and cost cutting in the summer will have more than likely got us on the right side of it

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may seem a manageable deduction at this time,but is already way above any punishment dished out previously
No sympathy at all with them tbh,they played the system and lost
I think its a good rection from the Prem league,as long as any appeal is thrown out and others are punished if guilty
Now where are all those on here that were saying all this FFP is a smoke screen, and Fosun just creaming the money off the top lol
We could just as easily be in their position next season had we not bit the bullet and acted over the summer
Glad a lot on here are not running our club

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are the worse of the worse always moaning about something or whenever there is a negative story about Everton or its fans its all a big conspiracy and false..

Plus whenever they lose its always how a big club like Everton shouldn't be losing to these... Awful channel only worth watching to see the tears!
How you don't see your first sentence could equally be applied to Wolves fans is completely beyond me? Look at about a million threads on here and you'll see what I mean.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we are now looking up the table rather than down but seeing the Prem table tonight it is comforting to see 5 teams who are now well in the mix.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How you don't see your first sentence could equally be applied to Wolves fans is completely beyond me? Look at about a million threads on here and you'll see what I mean.
How someone can post this and be taken seriously, after calling for a manager to be sacked at halftime, in a match we went on to win is beyond me aswell?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The additional problem for Everton will be those multi million compensation claims from relegated Clubs
previous 2 season (where they were probably in breach) they were only 4, and 2 pts above the relegation zone, also they carried on spending and buying players so arguably have a stronger team this season that they would have otherwise. If the points deduction had been applied in either of those years they would have gone down and Burnley and Leicester would have stayed up.
Whilst the 10 pts deduction itself may be reasonable punishment the amount of time it's taken to apply it is a real problem,
If other clubs do want to take action, who do they take it against ? Everton for breaking the rules or the Premier League for not taking any action in those seasons ?

In my view punishments and deductions should be handed out straight away, then if after appeal found to be unjust club gets some compensation that way any punishment benefits the other clubs competing against them at the time rather than the ones in the division a season or 2 later (e.g. Luton. Shef U, Fulham, Bournemouth, Forest)

though with figures being calculated at the end of each year, and a big loss one year not necessarily creating a breach that year , but maybe a year or 2 down the line due to rolling window and what previous seasons figures were, its difficult to apply a punishment in the main year that a breach of regulations ocurred

Last edited:

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So would the clubs suing them be classed as this incident or ongoing. As surely if they recover funds then that goes against future transfer windows .

Everton could have to basically sell all their players just to break even .

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
There are loads of them my way and they really are such an entitled bunch. They'll still avoid relegation, so they need to suck it up.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve just heard…ten ****ing points…TEN!?!? What a ****ing stitch up…only ten points. This must prove the Premier League is corrupt, surely.
And as for Everton appealing, that’s just histrionics and pantomime. Their boardroom will be full of drunken old farts celebrating their ‘win’. Load of old *******s!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If other clubs do want to take action, who do they take it against ? Everton for breaking the rules or the Premier League for not taking any action in those seasons ?
Good point. But I bet there is something in the constitution/regulation/governing rules of the PL which prohibit clubs from taking action against it, along the lines of 'all decisions are final and binding'.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so over the 3 years they've lost about £100m more than then next worse and in their worst year the £354m loss is about £200m more than any other club has made in a single year

that £350m loss will still be in the 3 year window next year and the £120m loss the year before drops out of the window

so they could well be in breach again next season if they don't make big cuts
Be even worse if they go down. EFL Chump FFP is much tighter.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This 100%

Everton will put in a half-hearted appeal to show face but in actuality will be thrilled at the outcome, knowing they could have had it for last year, causing a relegation.

I think the Prem have thought about all this, they want to make an example of them but without actually affecting a relegation outcome, It all feels a bit like a couple of chums have reached an agreement over some cigars and whisky.

If anything though I feel a bit embarrassed of our summer, instead we could have just carried on, signed a bunch more £20m+ signings because all we'd be looking at is a points deduction which, if those signings work out (big if I'm aware..) wouldn't mean a single thing.
Old chums with whisky and cigars is exactly how it feels. They’ve hashed a deal out sitting by a fire in high back leather chairs in their private club.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Given their position and upward trajectory they should be delighted with a mere 10 point deduction. Appealing the decision must be just a PR exercise, which could backfire if the “sentence” is increased, which I suspect they know is unlikely.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been mentioned.I have zero sympathy so they can suck it up.
Some of us of a certain vintage will remember the Wayne Clarke/Stuart Storer transfer in the 80’s.We were desperate for money but were stitched by Everton whose Chairman was also the Chairman of the Football League .We were beyond desperate for money ,we were stitched up but nobody cared.
Look it up and I hope you agree.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the fixtures of the bottom 4 I've got Everton still being in the relegation places going into the new year.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been mentioned.I have zero sympathy so they can suck it up.
Some of us of a certain vintage will remember the Wayne Clarke/Stuart Storer transfer in the 80’s.We were desperate for money but were stitched by Everton whose Chairman was also the Chairman of the Football League .We were beyond desperate for money ,we were stitched up but nobody cared.
Look it up and I hope you agree.
Remember it well
Karma scousers

Back
Top Bottom