Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, what about the narrative that there was no FFP issue at all? Did I just imagine that many people claimed this to be the case?

I deleted mate, as I re-read your original post and agree on the FFP bit….

So my post was absolutely pointless……

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's their sanction then? Fine? Points deduction?

To be determined by the independent panel. This is the process which has now triggered. Sky Sports laid the timeline out earlier today assuming announcement of breach was made today.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem that everyone on here now does accept we are, or were, close to having infringed ourselves. Which is at least progress considering the number of posters who were convinced and/or ITK of. the "fact" that we had no FFP problems in the summer and it was just a smokescreen for Fosun preparing to sell the club, or extract cash from it. The narrative now seems to have changed, without any apology, to the new "truth"that, yes we were in trouble, but it was all Jeff's fault. It seems to me more like we are very close, thanks to the firefighting Fosun carried out to save us from relegation and that, had they not also took effective counter measures last summer, there could be fan's of relegated clubs rightly saying we deserve any punishment we get.
Jeff has been blamed for this for months; there is no sudden shift of narrative. FFP doesn't just ambush you, it evolves gradually over a rolling three-year window. The higher-ups of a multi-million pound football club should have decent projections months in advance as to how close they will be to breaching financial regulations. It turns out we need to make a net spend of -£50m (which of course balloons to -£100m). We lose a manager over it who was apparently not appraised of any of this until the Summer, when such a huge deficit would have been foreseeable the minute the Winter window shut. Not a good look.

While most now accept the FFP threat is genuine, it is unclear how much equity Fosun injected these past three years, and therefore what the loss limit is for Wolves compared to other clubs.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think many were saying there wasn’t FFP involved, only that this wasn’t the whole story, and the story from the club on it, via their journalist mates, kept changing. It was clear after the heavy spending in January and late summer ‘22, that sales would be needed to remain sustainable.
I think if you look back there were a number of people saying exactly that. Despite having no access to the figures themselves they were arguing there was no pressure to sell and that we could still afford to strengthen.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Seems a bit weird that Sky Sports News don't seem interested in this story. Maybe because it's not any of the Sky Six. When it was announced they were interviewing female boxers and now they're talking about AFCON and using football to help with mental health. Thought it would be a big breaking news story for them.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PL statement delayed from 4pm. Looks like they don't have great confidence in what should have been written before today.

I see men with crayons.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Seems a bit weird that Sky Sports News don't seem interested in this story. Maybe because it's not any of the Sky Six. When it was announced they were interviewing female boxers and now they're talking about AFCON and using football to help with mental health. Thought it would be a big breaking news story for them.
And now they have that numpty Gary O'Neil on from the earlier press conference!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thier coverage is **** nowadays, so no surprise.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The “Fosun out” and “Fosun have pulled the plug” brigade have gone remarkably quiet in recent months I’ve noticed.

As someone who was never wanting Fosun out, I don't see any sense having a go at them for worrying about the club during the summer. People deal with things in a different way and the media was vile towards Wolves during the summer. We can see now, the real reasons for Fosun's cautioness, but that is no reason to rub supporters noses In the dirt.

Together we are stronger, the strength is in the pack.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how have Forest been done, i thought it was over 3 years, they've only been here one season?

Also what is going on with the City case? were all teams getting judged today?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WE LOVE YOU JEFF SHI, YOU CLEVER ****ER!!!
Who do you think it was that got us so close to being in the guarno in the first place? I will give you a clue, Jeff Shi. Overpaid massively for Fabio, Guedes, Cutrone and also paid the loan fees and wages for Trincao, Jesus, Vitinha, whilst also agreeing to loan Traore out to Barcelona without a loan fee or obligation to buy.
The buck stops with Jeff Shi.
We have got away with being close, but too close imho and saved by the Neves sale to Saudi, amongst others.
I would not call Jeff Shi anything close to being Clever!
Oh, and I wonder whether, if we did make it in to a European competition whether we would fall foul of UEFA’s more stringent rules, which we did before?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The “Fosun out” and “Fosun have pulled the plug” brigade have gone remarkably quiet in recent months I’ve noticed.
Dont get me started mate. There I was lying in the nice warm bath when I fell asleep only to suddenly wake up to find the water had run away and I was freezing. Yes I am definitely blaming Fosun for pulling the plug. :eek: :mad::p

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
how have Forest been done, i thought it was over 3 years, they've only been here one season?

That's why they have been done. Only allowed £13m losses is Champ, so £61m in the cycle. Another rule I've learned this week!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There are lower allowances for the Championship years. It’s all factored in.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who do you think it was that got us so close to being in the guarno in the first place? I will give you a clue, Jeff Shi. Overpaid massively for Fabio, Guedes, Cutrone and also paid the loan fees and wages for Trincao, Jesus, Vitinha, whilst also agreeing to loan Traore out to Barcelona without a loan fee or obligation to buy.
The buck stops with Jeff Shi.
We have got away with being close, but too close imho and saved by the Neves sale to Saudi, amongst others.
I would not call Jeff Shi anything close to being Clever!
Oh, and I wonder whether, if we did make it in to a European competition whether we would fall foul of UEFA’s more stringent rules, which we did before?

You have to have all the facts before you make an opinion, something that none of us had, but now you have the facts, we were within the rules, because of our actions during the summer. You should be happy, today, not upset.

Back
Top Bottom