Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton, surely a points deduction?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Ornstein: Everton + Nottingham Forest expecting to be informed on Monday that they’ve been found in breach of PL profitability & sustainability rules for 3yr cycle to June 2023. Both have prepared mitigation & will launch robust defences

Good. So they should. Forest actually chose not to comply in order to secure a higher price for Johnson, so that shows how little respect they had for the rules.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy. I feel for the fans, especially Everton.

Why? We ****ing suffered last summer while our club sold players and ****ed off our manager in order to comply. Their fans were not showing much sympathy for us were they? Forest and Everton ignored the rules. In Everton’s case, actively misdirected the authorities, and in Forest’s case, deliberately delayed selling their player to get a higher price knowing that this would result in them breaching the rules.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy. I feel for the fans, especially Everton.
Not sure if being ironic, as I normally agree with most your posts, but personally I struggle to think of 2 more delusional, arrogant, living in the past fanbases as Forest and Everton. I absolutely take great pleasure in their demise. Bunch of ******s the lot of them.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if being ironic, as I normally agree with most your posts, but personally I struggle to think of 2 more delusional, arrogant, living in the past fanbases as Forest and Everton. I absolutely take great pleasure in their demise. Bunch of ******s the lot of them.
Lol they are delusional and arrogant, I agree. Just getting hit with two points deductions in a matter of months must be pretty **** as a fan.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking to my Everton supporting friend it seems that acceptance and anger are the main emotions. But apparently they have needed money every month from 777 (who were hoping to take them over), which suggests serious issues as they'd breached the rules for the previous period. Its a minimum 6 more points deduction for them!
Rumours Forest have failed massively without the Johnson money and it could be 16 points!
Of course the people who have led the clubs into this mess will dissappear with pockets full of money while the genuine fans see their club potentially in such a mess they're in the lower leagues for years. See Wolves early 80s for more information.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I was touching on the other day, this won't end here. Forest are flinging EVERYTHING at every club in the league. Their defence is an attack

They have not been shy at trying the dark arts as we saw in their laughable attack on Podence. The club has some proper history in the Clough era, but that’s as far as my respect goes.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can look at Evertons situation two ways. They will be unlucky to get two deductions in one season because the procedure has tightened up. But at least they still have a chance of staying up. On the other hand, if the current deduction had taken place last season they'd already be playing the likes of Rotherham, Huddersfield and the ****.
Which is why they are going to face action from Leicester and others.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s been done to death, but are we categorically 100% in the clear. Every other fan forum I go on seems to have us listed as the 3rd club in the ****. Surely we know more than them, right?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's farcical to imagine the last day of the season with a commentator saying, 'well that defeat means Everton will be relegated and Luton stay up, unless Everton's appeal against one of their points deductions next week is successful'.

Why does it take 6 months to do the accounts and 5 more to decide if they are accurate?

I can see it now

Welcome to Sky Survival Sunday then next week it be tribunal Tuesday.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s been done to death, but are we categorically 100% in the clear. Every other fan forum I go on seems to have us listed as the 3rd club in the ****. Surely we know more than them, right?
No one (except a few Forest and Everton fans) are saying we've breached. We sold Neves at the right time (Forest may want to look into this wizardry). A good clue is which clubs have recently hired very expensive lawyers (it's not us).

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, I really struggle to understand how there can be appeals here. With any set of accounts, the number in the bottom right hand corner is the number. I mean, it’s literally the clubs themselves submitting them.

Accounts 1 + 2 + 3 - the limit = the answer.

What exactly is there to appeal.

****in throw the book at the ****s.

Reaction score
Judging by the Forest forum, seems like the water's already been turned off at the City Ground. Maybe needed to cut costs to pay for the fancy lawyers? :oops:

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't feel for the blue dippers at all, arrogant lot just like the Villa. And they blatantly ignored rules for years spending silly money and huge wages on transfers ever since Moshiri bought them. If anything their punishments are long overdue.
I'd dock them ten points for that shine so brightly song.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the Forest forum, their fans are expecting the worse, and to be fair a lot of them are asking how the football club allowed this to happen.
Part of that is easy to answer- they had a scatter gun approach to transfers and brought god knows how many.

They went for quantity over quality.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Part of that is easy to answer- they had a scatter gun approach to transfers and brought god knows how many.

They went for quantity over quality.
First season up 195m signed sold 78m Nottingham Forest - Transfers 22/23

=117m net spend

This season 122m signed, sold 70m

=52m net spend that’s including beyond the cut off date

That’s without ridiculous wages……

Therefore in 2 seasons alone they’ve breached a 3 year ruling!! Net £169m They have failed the rules big time

SydneyWolf26

Groupie
Reaction score
I feel for the fans of any club that went down as a result of Everton’s consistent over spending
Agreed. Essentially Everton and Forest have had an unfair advantage
*not just them either, but in the context of the current conversation

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Talking to my Everton supporting friend it seems that acceptance and anger are the main emotions. But apparently they have needed money every month from 777 (who were hoping to take them over), which suggests serious issues as they'd breached the rules for the previous period. Its a minimum 6 more points deduction for them!
Rumours Forest have failed massively without the Johnson money and it could be 16 points!
Of course the people who have led the clubs into this mess will dissappear with pockets full of money while the genuine fans see their club potentially in such a mess they're in the lower leagues for years. See Wolves early 80s for more information.
If there were only going to breach slightly then they would have simply sold a player or two to olympiakos. The fact they didnt suggest their breach is likely to be a big number

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No real problem with Everton, they took the **** during COVID but there are loads of clubs I hate more than them. Forest being one of them.
Are Chelsea in the clear? They seemed to always be buying players or have the sales helped to keep them in line?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

=117m net spend

Therefore in 2 seasons alone they’ve breached a 3 year ruling!! Net £169m They have failed the rules big time
The purchases will be spread across the length of the contracts. The issue for them is they are allowed much smaller losses due to 2 years in the championship

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m 50/50 on it with him. On one hand he’s a legend to me but on the other he knew what he was going into and he’s very much part of what Mendes does and looks increasingly like a bit of a lap dog.
Has he had a Lopetegui/fosun situation where they had convinced him they were in no danger of breaching ffp. Wonder if Nuno could walk if thats the situation.

dnf14

Reaction score

=117m net spend

The €75m last season is Transfermarkt's market value of the players that departed; Forest only brought in €5m from Brice Samba and 15 players worth of loan fees.
I doubt they got over €70m in loan fees to the likes of Cov, Guincamp and Wednesday.

22/23: €190m net spend :oops:

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score

=117m net spend

It’s more nuanced than just looking at total transfer fees. You need to factor in amortisation - i.e what transfer fees they’re paying over a length of a contract.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actual punishments although found guilty won't be till April/may from what I gather. They get referred they then have a hearing if confirmed sanction applied appeal and then after the end of year. Then maybe appeal will change points deducted. So we may be in a situation where teams that go down at end of season may not got down due to point deduction or appeal

Back
Top Bottom