Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

even if we win saturday can we avoid relegation?

D

dublinwolf83

im hoping we can
but after the last few matches i am seriously doubting we will
i actually hope we fluke it again this year and INVEST money in some new players
not Eggart Jonnson for 500000 i mean actually give a new manager 25 million to spend

F

Forever Wolves

Pigs spotted flying over Dublin quick take a picture!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
A win on Saturday would definitely bring us right back into the mix. It would also probably drag Blackburn back into it as they play Man Utd on Monday.

Lose it though and it's all over bar the shouting.

D

Dewsburywolf

Of course we can avoid relegation but whether we will or not is another question

L

liquidatorwolf

I think we can stay up, 25 million is a bit much don't you think you can buy 3 Fletchers for that price! I want to add to this team not to replace it

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Long as it's mathematically possible of course we can but for all the talk and bravado, performances and points on the pitch are what count and having watched us this season (and more recently under TC) it looks extremely doubtful.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we can still avoid relegation. The important thing though is that however unlikely it might seem now, we as fans must still believe we can. Too many people have given up already and that cannot possibly help the mood.
This mood can easily get to the players.

I will keep repeating "We are not down yet." until the moment that it is mathmatically impossible to stay up, and that is quite a while away.

Last edited by a moderator:

albell

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Of course we can avoid relegation but whether we will or not is another question

Agreed, we definitely can avoid relegation but even if we win on Saturday I still won't have a huge amount of confidence.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
QUOTE=albell;1341771]Sorry PumpKing![/QUOTE]

:mad::mad::mad: Come on! Force yourself. :D

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"if" we win Saturday, who do you see our next win against ? Wigan ?

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah nah nah nah nah, fingers in ears, I cant hear you. :D

Tring Wolf

Reaction score

Being effectively 5 points from safety, I think we will need at least 11 points to stay up. Huge task but can see us beating:

Bolton (Henry back and Bolton likely to be jaded from their midweek Cup exertions);
Everton (possibly distracted by an FA Cup Final)
Wigan

Leaves us probably needing another win or draws against either Swansea or Sunderland away. Unlikely but not impossible.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All those in denial. I know some very good counsellors when reality eventually hits home.

E

Edgmond Wolf

This

We need MORE than anything for the players to believe. Since Mick has left they seem to have given up completely.

We can only get behind them on Saturday and support as best as we can. But if they come out with the same attitude they have shown over the last five games we are $$$$ed

Come on the Wolves

P

PeteWolf

All those saying believe, get behind the players, etc. The players don't care. Surely that's been obvious since even before Mick left.

Lack of confidence is one thing, but they've been going through the motions for a while now, something that could never have been said before, and that's why we'll go down with a whimper, irregardless of how much amateur PR the club gets them to come out with between now and May.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we are going to stay up

yes i am mad but $$$$in hell lads we have a chance and i have a feeling we will come good

im gonna b shot down for saying this but i still think we can do it

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honesty I can only see 2 possible wins now this season - Bolton and Wigan, which will be far too late for both clubs by then.

D

Deleted member 3751

We can but we probably won't. Have this funny feeling we'll get relegated against Man City then win our final three games and take Wigan with us on the last day.

Reaction score
If we beat Bolton it gives us a chance, especially as it's also in our hands to gain 3 points on Wigan - but not confident of beating Bolton really

H

Hawkins discuss

can we stay up

Yes whilst the numbers say so
This is a huge challenge and I hope the team are up for it
Bookies say relegation
Some fans say relegation
I am not sure what the team thinks
The PR team are on overtime
I suspect The dynamic duo have plans up thier sleeves and are sitting on the fence like two vulchers waiting to see what transpires

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nailed on for championship football next season

E

Edgmond Wolf

If we beat Bolton on Saturday I will celebrate with a nice bottle!!

If we lose I will commiserate with a nice bottle!!

Either way a nice bottle of wine is on the cards

Come on the Wolves

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Teams have turned things around in the last few games before but I think five things are working against us - injuries, the defence, the midfield, the lack of goals scored and the fixtures. The bookies don’t always get it right but to cut the odds to 10:1 on suggests they don’t give us a prayer. Neither do I regardless of whether we win, lose or draw on Saturday.

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Being effectively 5 points from safety, I think we will need at least 11 points to stay up. Huge task but can see us beating:

Bolton (Henry back and Bolton likely to be jaded from their midweek Cup exertions);
Everton (possibly distracted by an FA Cup Final)
Wigan

Leaves us probably needing another win or draws against either Swansea or Sunderland away. Unlikely but not impossible.

Damn you for giving me that glimmer of hope, I'd totally lost it before reading that. I think I recall saying a few weeks ago that 32/33 points could be enough, and 3 wins and 2 draws would take us to 33. Could be enough. Christ, we've got no right to expect anything this season - the season from hell. Why am I reading your post and thinking that's an entirely realistic scenario to achieve?

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
I can't apologise enough my friend! It's crazy isn't it. Everything tells me that we should have absolutely no chance but then I look at those fixtures (and the possible circumstances surrounding them) and genuinely think we could win those three games.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I can't apologise enough my friend! It's crazy isn't it. Everything tells me that we should have absolutely no chance but then I look at those fixtures (and the possible circumstances surrounding them) and genuinely think we could win those three games.

Lets see how we go on Saturday....they may win if you get up and start singing... :p:D

W

wanderer24

Of course we can turn it round but the real question is how? What is going to be the spark that will turn around our performances, luck, and general will to achieve it?
Many of us were hoping that a new man in charge would either kick their asses into improvement or instill some confidences in the players. This is obviously not going to happen even if we lose every remaining game.

So how is it going to turn?
Are we as fans going to suddenly produce a couldron of noise which lifts the players onto another level?
Are one, two, or maybe more of our players going to produce moments of brilliance which act as catalyts to winning games?
Are we going to get lucky with rebounds, decisions, handballs, and general poor play from the opposition?
Is TC going to find his feet and suddenly become a good manager?

Or maybe a combination of all will light up our season. Unfortunately, I happen little hope of any of these things happening right now. I haven't given up and it would be wrong to give up until its mathematically impossible but I'm struggling.

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:) :) "We Shall Not Be Moved! :) :)

I hate Notlob would cheer me up no end to beat them!

Back
Top Bottom