Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

EEL Cup 4th Round Draw Thread

S

ShropshireLad

Oh joy. What a 'Wolves' draw out the hat that is. Wouldn't it have been nice (for once) that we get several lucky draws to get to a Semi or a Final for once... Nah. FA Cup Final it is, then.
Look at the draw, matey. I'm feeling that some of those balls were warm (home ones) and others were cold. I'm serious.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realist Tony

Let's be dreamers again. Think big. Aim high.

After so many years of disappointment it's very hard but the last time I went to watch wolves v Man City was Maine road on opening day of season in this very division. We won. They were no different to us. Why can't we aspire to do a 'city' instead of a 'West Brom'?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the last 9 months we have beaten Stoke, Liverpool and Southampton, all away, in Cup games and often playing some "second string" players.

We have a far better squad and are set up and drilled far better now than we were then. And we have some players who would appear to be Premier League standard. Even our second string is better than last season's first 11.

We are currently second in our own league having beaten several of the pre-season favourites, and have a winning habit.

Man City will probably play their second string.

It's the most difficult tie of the round and will be Nunos biggest test yet, but if he plays our first choice 11 (and I think we should, with perhaps Norris in goal) then we will have a chance and will all have a very good indication of where we stand. It can be done.

Believe!

D

Deleted member 4594

Absolutely no reason to not play our strongest possible side with Norris in goal. Only 4 league games in October so fatigue not an issue. Lets have a go.

B

Benson

Absolutely no reason to not play our strongest possible side with Norris in goal. Only 4 league games in October so fatigue not an issue. Lets have a go.

Lots of games coming up after the Man C game so fatigue will be an issue in the league games. (3 in 7 days Sat, Tue, Fri)
Maybe worth it. I dont think so, but I wont complain if we win vs Man C..

D

Deleted member 4594

Lots of games coming up after the Man C game so fatigue will be an issue in the league games. (3 in 7 days Sat, Tue, Fri)
Maybe worth it. I dont think so, but I wont complain if we win vs Man C..
Good point Bens, but we'll be 7/8 points clear by then so can probably rotate for the league games ;)

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over the Blue Moon at this - a few stops on the local train for me. We play well away against Footballing teams.

J

jasmith

Probably a bit late to the party, but do we think this will get to general sale?

I'd love to make the trip but might not bother if I have to go in with the home fans.

Back
Top Bottom