Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doyle to Swansea??

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agent itk on twitter who has a very good record with transfers has said that Swansea are preparing a 5 million bid for Doyle..

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
‪#Swansea‬ looking at making a £5mil bid for Kevin Doyle of ‪#Wolves‬. ‪#WWFC‬ ‪#SCFC‬ ‪#Swans‬ ‪#Football‬

A

andyc225

I'd let him go for that to be honest. A fresh start would do Doyler good.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£5mil I'd snap their hands off.

Would be a decent chunk of the wage bill. I think a fresh start would do Doyle a world of good.

However I'd be surprised if they were ready to spend £5mil

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£5 million would be great business, let him go and get him off the wage bill and keep Fletch. Sorted.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's to prepare? Have we asked for it in used £20 notes in a Wolfie and Wendy rucksack and left by the Billy Wright statue at 7pm? Or have they got a really complicated fax machine?

Either put the bid in or don't bother.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
'Preparing' - LOL.....its got to look right I suppose!:D

If true we should seriously think of letting him go.

H

haden-wolf

Frank, Siggy and Seb as a front line?

IF he goes and we by some miracle keep Fletch I'm happy, if we loose both we need to spend some decent money on a forward to complement the three above

Happy to give them all a chance but will need to strengthen

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Frank, Siggy and Seb as a front line?

IF he goes and we by some miracle keep Fletch I'm happy, if we loose both we need to spend some decent money on a forward to complement the three above

Happy to give them all a chance but will need to strengthen

Loose as in women
l
Lose what we did under Connor:D

W

WasStefan

Agent ITK hasn't got a clue and just repeats what others have said. I wonder where this rumour ACTUALLY came from?

R

robwolf

I'd be seriously surprised if any wolves fan would turn that offer down if given the choice!

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rate Doyle highly but at his age and IF we can keep Fletch then it seems good business for us. Wouldn't like to sell both though.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would rip their arms off for £5m for Doyle.

Don't get me wrong he is a very good player but we need a fresh start and to inject some pace into the front two, so I would sell and see what gems Stale can come up with.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Top player who has literally run himself into the ground for us and I'd be more than happy for him to stay. However, £5m would be a great deal so if true, I'd be inclined to accept.

B

Bankswolf II

People won't sell Fletcher for anything less than 17 million but are willing to let Doyle go for 5?

People have real short memories

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on last seasons form, I would value Doyle at anything over £3m - so at £5m, i'd snap their hands off.

A striker that don't score goals is as much use as defenders that can't defend. Oh wait.......

P

Penk Wolf

Based on last seasons form, I would value Doyle at anything over £3m - so at £5m, i'd snap their hands off.

A striker that don't score goals is as much use as defenders that can't defend. Oh wait.......

Doyle has scored plenty of goals for Reading. McCarthy positioned him out of goals. In the Championship, played correctly, I'd expect him to get 20 goals.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Doyler can do very well in this league but for me it is about when we are back up.

W

wanderer24

I'd be glad if he goes so we never have to hear trapatoni bang on about how he should be playing at a higher level

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be glad if he goes so we never have to hear trapatoni bang on about how he should be playing at a higher level

Give it 10 months and I wouldn’t bet against it. I think Swansea need a good stat or second season syndrome will loom large. Same goes for Norwich.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
It's all over between Kevin and me. If you love someone set them free, Mr Sting once said.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On one level his value is determined by his most recent set of games. On another though it has to be determined by his overall ability. Given that he has had two good seasons at the club, releasing him for £5 million is madness. He has at the very least retained the value we paid for him. Given the speed with which some of you are grabbing the money and running it strikes me that if the club was left in your hands, we would be lucky to be in the football league. The other matter to consider is that in preparing a bid (if indeed they are), that is there opening offer and that they value him as being worth more but want to see if they can get him initially at a lower price.

D

Dewolf

On one level his value is determined by his most recent set of games. On another though it has to be determined by his overall ability. Given that he has had two good seasons at the club, releasing him for £5 million is madness. He has at the very least retained the value we paid for him. Given the speed with which some of you are grabbing the money and running it strikes me that if the club was left in your hands, we would be lucky to be in the football league. The other matter to consider is that in preparing a bid (if indeed they are), that is there opening offer and that they value him as being worth more but want to see if they can get him initially at a lower price.

Good post. He's one of our best players and should be kept.

B

Batman

Didn't he say that he wouldn't move if he was going to be in a relegation battle. Sorry Kev but i think Swansea are certain to be in a relegation battle

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So a prem club wants one of our players and we'd be glad for him to go!? Good enough again for prem and we don't want him in championship. Ok then!

T

Toupee4Rae

Love Doyler but he seems to have lost interest, he went the same way at Reading towards the end.

A move will do him good and I think 5 million is good business for both clubs.

D

Dewsburywolf

People won't sell Fletcher for anything less than 17 million but are willing to let Doyle go for 5?

Totally different scenario, Fletcher scores goals Doyle doesn't, we've signed Sigurdarsson to play the support striker role & if Swansea are prepared to pay £5 million for Doyle I'd say that's good value bearing in mind he's probably repaid the vast majority of his initial fee by keeping us up in his first two seasons with us so we'd probably be in profit on him

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agent ITK is full of it.

They all are except Fourth_Official.

£5 million for Doyle would represent a very very difficult decision for Stale to make.

He's probably our highest paid player and will likely (due to his age) never command such a fee ever again.

I'd still keep him (assuming we sell Fletch)

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On another twitter thread football_juice reckons we turned down £4 million.

I would be OK with selling Doyle for £5 million.

S

SimplyTheWolves

£5 mil is a fair amount of money for someone who has been off form for quite a time. However, £5 mil isn't a good price for someone of Doyle's ability when on form. I suppose Stale may want to judge Doyle before he decides whether or not to let him go, so I wouldn't be surprised if Doyle stays with us a couple of weeks longer.

If this is the case and he can regain his confidence and start to hit the form we know he's capable of, then I would sooner keep him, a couple of weeks won't make much difference if any to his current market price, so I really do think we should wait and see what his short break has done for him.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was showing off the new kit in the pictures so he can't leave! :)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Same can be said for the Ebanks haters on here

In an ideal world, I would love our four main strikers to be Fletcher, Doyle, Ebanks-Blake and Sigurdarson (with Nouble and another youngster as back-up). Would be the best strike force in the Championship by a mile.

However, we are likely to lose at least one of those four so if it meant we got to keep Fletcher, £5m would be a good price for Doyle. Even if we get promoted, he will be approaching 30 by the time we get back to the Premier League so his value is unlikely to ever be as high again (and it has already depreciated from last year). If we did sell Fletcher, however, then we really should do everything in our power to keep Doyle.

I wouldn't sell Ebanks-Blake for the kind of money he is likely to attract until he signs a new contract. I would much rather take a gamble on him recovering his form of previous seasons in the Championship than cash in for a token fee of just under £1m.

E

Edgmond Wolf

In an ideal world, I would love our four main strikers to be Fletcher, Doyle, Ebanks-Blake and Sigurdarson (with Nouble and another youngster as back-up). Would be the best strike force in the Championship by a mile.

However, we are likely to lose at least one of those four so if it meant we got to keep Fletcher, £5m would be a good price for Doyle. Even if we get promoted, he will be approaching 30 by the time we get back to the Premier League so his value is unlikely to ever be as high again (and it has already depreciated from last year). If we did sell Fletcher, however, then we really should do everything in our power to keep Doyle.

I wouldn't sell Ebanks-Blake for the kind of money he is likely to attract until he signs a new contract. I would much rather take a gamble on him recovering his form of previous seasons in the Championship than cash in for a token fee of just under £1m.

With you all the way

We should do our utmost to keep Fletch even if that means we sell Doyle

I too would give SEB a new contract, he scores goals for fun in the Championship

D

Deleted member LP 3925

in an ideal world, i would love our four main strikers to be fletcher, doyle, ebanks-blake and sigurdarson (with nouble and another youngster as back-up). Would be the best strike force in the championship by a mile.

However, we are likely to lose at least one of those four so if it meant we got to keep fletcher, £5m would be a good price for doyle. Even if we get promoted, he will be approaching 30 by the time we get back to the premier league so his value is unlikely to ever be as high again (and it has already depreciated from last year). If we did sell fletcher, however, then we really should do everything in our power to keep doyle.

I wouldn't sell ebanks-blake for the kind of money he is likely to attract until he signs a new contract. I would much rather take a gamble on him recovering his form of previous seasons in the championship than cash in for a token fee of just under £1m.

+1...

....that's why he's poster of the year!

Back
Top Bottom