Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

DON'T buy a Virtual Ticket for Chorley

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously? We're grumpy because our side, owned by a firm worth billions of pounds, is gently being ribbed after losing a game to local rivals, by a part-time team who are - fairly enough - trying to milk a cup run for all it's worth.

A lot of people on this thread need to take a good look at themselves. It's embarrassing to see, and makes me more ashamed of the club than any on-field performance ever could.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously? We're grumpy because our side, owned by a firm worth billions of pounds, is gently being ribbed after losing a game to local rivals, by a part-time team who are - fairly enough - trying to milk a cup run for all it's worth.

A lot of people on this thread need to take a good look at themselves. It's embarrassing to see, and makes me more ashamed of the club than any on-field performance ever could.
Not grumpy here at all, find it hilarious that those who brought one in the first place are getting mugged off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

Not really. Its basic common sense not to bite the hand you're trying to get to feed you.
They're asking for charity and goodwill..

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see why people are ****ed off but it's the person running the Twitter account making a mistake and misjudged 'humour' here.
The whole club of Chorley shouldnt be held accountable, there is a difference between the real world and the virtual. Someone will be getting a *******ing over this.q

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see why people are ****ed off but it's the person running the Twitter account making a mistake and misjudged 'humour' here.
The whole club of Chorley shouldnt be held accountable, there is a difference between the real world and the virtual. Someone will be getting a *******ing over this.q
If it was a mistake they'd have deleted it.

The reply stating they'll do the boing boing has been deleted yes but the original tweet replying to west brom to try and cheapily live off their win Saturday and garnish more virtual buys from them 6 fingered sister ****ging lot hasn't.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Should they not. Out of curiosity if the person in charge of Wolves’ Twitter account made a racial slur, do you think the FA would punish the club or the individual?

Someone at Chorley has put them in charge of their Twitter account. They’ve now cost them tens of thousands of pounds, which will go down like a fart in a lift. Whilst it’s small change to clubs in the premier league to tier 6 sides it’s like having a years worth of gate receipts in one go. Our record win is what 14-1? I would love to break that Friday night.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
It's a bit of publicity for the Twitter admin. They know what they are doing.

At some point this week it will get picked up by the main media and be portrayed as a case of Wolves fans over reacting.

Then fan's of of other clubs will see it and buy the virtual tickets.

Not bothered either way they'll get enough money from BT for showing the game anyway.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should they not. Out of curiosity if the person in charge of Wolves’ Twitter account made a racial slur, do you think the FA would punish the club or the individual?

Someone at Chorley has put them in charge of their Twitter account. They’ve now cost them tens of thousands of pounds, which will go down like a fart in a lift. Whilst it’s small change to clubs in the premier league to tier 6 sides it’s like having a years worth of gate receipts in one go. Our record win is what 14-1? I would love to break that Friday night.
A racial slur the same as a bit of Banter from Chorley?
Taking abit serious ain't you? They are trying to have a bit of fun, it's just someone running a twitter account who has made a bad judgement. Lack of experience as not used to the wider scale as the wolves twitter will be a massive marketing tool, I dont know to much on how they are run but at a guess more of a full time role.
Yes, this is ****ty from Chorley but as it's been taken down the owners will see it as wrong and have gone against it.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a lad who did it for the play of final put £100 on us to lose. Can't think of a bigger Wolves fan than him to be honest home and away has been for 20 years.

His reasoning was if we won £100 was **** all compared to that but if we lost at least he'd have a bit of dough.
I did the same, got stick on here... and would do it again.

My reasoning was that either:

• I lose £100 and I won't care as I'm ecstatic or
  • I get the day paid for and it cost me nothing (financially at least).
Thankfully it was the former. One of the happiest days of my life that was.

"Ooh you doh bet against your own team mate".
Yes I do if I want to.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have deleted the tweet, but it being put up in the first place is beyond stupid and negeliant.

Hope we do all the talking on the green grass on Friday and leave them for absolute dust, on the road back to Wembley!

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The **** know we will beat Chorley and will not pay to see that no matter how much they beg for it. Chorley have shot themselves in the foot because thousands of us will no longer help them out

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have deleted the tweet, but it being put up in the first place is beyond stupid and negeliant.

Hope we do all the talking on the green grass on Friday and leave them for absolute dust, on the road back to Wembley!
They've not deleted the initial tweet

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh come on everyone. We made the quarter-finals of the Europa League last season and we've developed a victim complex about the team who finished bottom of the National League.
Being irritated by someone who was putting their cap in their hand to you one minute then baiting you on social media the next, does not equal a "victim complex".

I will agree that the fallout is probably magnified for some on here by being timed for a bad day for Wolves fans. Tough - the moral is, don't give a moron the keys to your social accounts.

I'd rather flush the tenner down the toilet now.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this was the other way round, imagine how people would be talking about Albion fans on here now...

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ashamed of the CLUB because of the actions/words of a few individuals --guess that just illustrates your loyalty to the CLUB.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Just had a look through some of the comments lots of Bolton Fans it appears

Awwwww diddums Wolves fans
Got my ticket. Were The One And Only Wanderers
Good Luck Chorley

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a look through some of the comments lots of Bolton Fans it appears

Awwwww diddums Wolves fans
Got my ticket. Were The One And Only Wanderers
Good Luck Chorley
Hahaha, like Bolton have anything to take the pee about, they'll be playing Chorley shortly and it ain't gonna be in no cup game!!! Bless!!!!

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not even selling something. Wolves fans don't actually get anything for their tenner. Its just a different way of presenting a charity appeal.
Either way Mutchy, they were getting my tenner...now they're not!!!

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was a mistake they'd have deleted it.

The reply stating they'll do the boing boing has been deleted yes but the original tweet replying to west brom to try and cheapily live off their win Saturday and garnish more virtual buys from them 6 fingered sister ****ging lot hasn't.

They are a non league team. They have miss placed 'banter' on a day we are feeling ****ed off after Saturday.
The person doing the tweet is probably a child or a teenager at a push. They are not experienced or realise how precious our fans are.
It's just a lighthearted reply from them that has been blown up, guess they didnt realise how delicate our fans are.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are a non league team. They have miss placed 'banter' on a day we are feeling ****ed off after Saturday.
The person doing the tweet is probably a child or a teenager at a push. They are not experienced or realise how precious our fans are.
It's just a lighthearted reply from them that has been blown up, guess they didnt realise how delicate our fans are.
So if Chorley win and their players start boing boinging in the dressing room you'd be OK with that?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being irritated by someone who was putting their cap in their hand to you one minute then baiting you on social media the next, does not equal a "victim complex".

I will agree that the fallout is probably magnified for some on here by being timed for a bad day for Wolves fans. Tough - the moral is, don't give a moron the keys to your social accounts.

I'd rather flush the tenner down the toilet now.
Don't flush the tenner down the toilet xbomber! I'll have it! Here's my address....

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just pointing out that they haven't deleted the tweet.

I'm personally not that *****, I thought the 'look at me I'm donating a tenner but make sure everyone knows about it' brigade were stupid in the first place as far better/closer to home alternatives.

I also feel Chorley twitter are rather cheeky begging money off Wolves fans one minute and then taking the **** about us losing to our rivals the next.

So basically they're all a bunch of idiots but no tears over it from me.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine Chorley's social media manager is getting the tic-tac after this. Just cost his club potentially tens of thousands of pounds.

No doubt so - I gather that due to the tweets and the club's Chairman thus recieving death threats from a number of Wolves fans, Chroley will issue an apology publically and refund anyone who wants one.

Hope Wolves deals with anyone threatening one's life!

Back
Top Bottom