Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

DON'T buy a Virtual Ticket for Chorley

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If this was the other way round, imagine how people would be talking about Albion fans on here now...
I think if a team playing the albion were playing on our rivalry for a few quid, I don't think we would care less

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Wolves deals with anyone threatening one's life!
Why should Wolves? The police should act, but why should Wolves.

This is not something thats happened at a game, its some loon doing it in their name online nothing more. Like when them lony Mexicans who'd been Wolves fans two weeks started racially abusing Deeney, realistically its not Wolves problem.

Should be down to the police and the platform of which was used (presuming social media) to deal with.

D

Deleted member 5910

No doubt so - I gather that due to the tweets and the club's Chairman thus recieving death threats from a number of Wolves fans, Chroley will issue an apology publically and refund anyone who wants one. Hope Wolves deals with anyone threatening one's life!
We sadly live in a world where any sort of controversy inevitably leads to death threats. Part of the double edged sword of social media. Find the perpetrators, and punish them harshly.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh come on everyone. We made the quarter-finals of the Europa League last season and we've developed a victim complex about the team who finished bottom of the National League.
nah, the fan decided to buy the virtual tickets through their own goodwill, only to benefit Chorley. Wolves have literally nothing to benefit from that. So to try and provoke us, and spit at the fans who have made the goodwill gesture with that tweet is bang out of order really.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably all our fault, you know as we are apparently "amongst the worst fans in the UK".
Unfortunately, if - and I stress "if" - some so-called Wolves supporters have tweeted death threats, this reputation isn't going to go away.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do find this hilarious! Wonder how much money that tweet will end up costing Chorley. Many possible responses to the Albion tweet, but chose to jump straight into bed with them and rub the noses of the Wolves fans - willing to do them a good turn - into a fresh steaming pile of ****

I would've bought a virtual ticket, while the Chorley thing of 1986 is regarded as our lowest ebb there wasn't a particular axe to grind with Chorley themselves. But what an own goal this will prove to be! I'll send a tenner somewhere worthy
What a stupid stupid move...... wouldn’t there be transactional fees attached to the refunds?

Or am I just thinking of how twitch and some patreon schemes work?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has been pointed out though, this just shows how ludicrous an idea this was in the first place. A prime example of the ridiculous clamour to virtue signal to be seen as some moral superior online.

The irony of the likes of Dady etc bring completely mugged off cannot be lost on people. He is basically Wolves equivalent of that moron barrister Jo Maugham. That desperate to be seen as being better and more self important than anyone else, they don’t realise what a complete tit they make of themselves in the process.

After Friday, hopefully we never have to hear the words Chorley FC ever again. Good riddance.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The elderly chairman received death threats that’s out of order!
No where near deserved!!

It was probably some idiot trying to make a name for himself by leaning into the edgier/banter based US food companies profiles, that have done well there and got it horribly horribly wrong.

Last edited:

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has been pointed out though, this just shows how ludicrous an idea this was in the first place. A prime example of the ridiculous clamour to virtue signal to be seen as some moral superior online.

The irony of the likes of Dady etc bring completely mugged off cannot be lost on people. He is basically Wolves equivalent of that moron barrister Jo Maugham. That desperate to be seen as being better and more self important than anyone else, they don’t realise what a complete tit they make of themselves in the process.

After Friday, hopefully we never have to hear the words Chorley FC ever again. Good riddance.
This!

That Dady really is a caricature isn't he!

Down with the FP while he's there.

NocturnalWolf

Reaction score
Death threats out of order but surely people have more pressing concerns financially than paying for 22 guys running around a patch of grass with a " virtual ticket"

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marine got loads of money off Spurs fans buying virtual tickets didn't they? Wolves fans were obviously much more likely to buy these tickets than Albion fans, who presumably couldn't care less. Not sure what their marketing dept were thinking here tbh? I know its only a bit of banter, but there are plenty of other good causes out there.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, but I did email last night.
You are right to be peeved by their delay, but I would be fair in the fact they aren’t going to be
well staffed due to covid.
Look how long it can take for our own club shop can take at the minute due to the pandemic.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if Chorley win and their players start boing boinging in the dressing room you'd be OK with that?

They wont. It was a joke from there twitter. Real life vs social media are a world apart. Not a funny joke by them but I'm sure no malace meant.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate there are people sad enough to do it thinking Twitter is anonymous.

Some people in a dunken/drug induced moment of anger after the crap show of Saturday could easily have done it.

I wouldn’t dismiss that out of hand so easily.
**** sake who's that drunk and or drugged up on a Monday morning?

Lucky ****ers having a better lockdown than me!

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if Chorley win and their players start boing boinging in the dressing room you'd be OK with that?
It was some idiot who as I said wanted to make a name for himself, by copying edgy/banter comments from big American food companies in the hope it opened up another pool to get money. In doing so bit the hand that feeds clean off at the worst time and moment imaginable

that person probably has no sway on the playing staff and would only **** of the bogies fans when it didn’t happen.....

strong chance that the mistake this person made with the amount of money lost in refunds may see them unemployed very soon.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, @Kashmire Hawker’s tantrum and caps lock rant at people who didn’t buy into this scheme has aged well.

With him and Dady at the helm, the FP is in safe hands.
Very easy to make your post in hindsight before this happened........

@Kashmire Hawker is a good lad and clearly wanted us to support another club in these rubbish times where many clubs might not survive financially. We would want and almost expect the same if the shoe was on the other foot. As lost gate receipts on top of the tv money will still hurt and not be as much as they would have gotten in the past.

not his fault some lemon who runs their social media torpedoed all of that good will and faith from the selfless people like @Kashmire Hawker who wanted to do something nice.

D

Deleted member 11157

No bother. They have more affinity with our nearest and dearest than we have. Get this game out the way and who cares if it's only 1 nil and look forward to May 1st.

D

Deleted member 11021Mcm

Very easy to make your post in hindsight before this happened........

@Kashmire Hawker is a good lad and clearly wanted us to support another club in these rubbish times where many clubs might not survive financially. We would want and almost expect the same if the shoe was on the other foot. As lost gate receipts on top of the tv money will still hurt and not be as much as they would have gotten in the past.

not his fault some lemon who runs their social media torpedoed all of that good will and faith from the selfless people like @Kashmire Hawker who wanted to do something nice.
I made my feeling known before this happened.
He might be a good lad to those who know him, but because people wouldn’t buy into this, he ranted about us having the worst fans in the country!!!

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its called an insurance bet, never actually done it but thought about it many many times ! and know people who have, can't blame them.
I had £20 @ 7/1 because -
a) I thought that price was too long for the match and
b) I hoped it would make me feel slightly better that I had some of Billy Hill's cash in my back pocket should the unthinkable happen - it did!

No sentiment allowed in gambling

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had £20 @ 7/1 because -
a) I thought that price was too long for the match and
b) I hoped it would make me feel slightly better that I had some of Billy Hill's cash in my back pocket should the unthinkable happen - it did!

No sentiment allowed in gambling
Chorley are 10.1 on Paddy. Fill your boots

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a pretty large bet on us beating sandwell at that Stoke firm.
Closed the bet halftime though,since we played so awful first half.We didn´t look bothered enough for my liking.
Still made some money that way.
I can never bet against us,but there will be some time before I put a bet down on us again.

North Bank

Reaction score
I did the same, got stick on here... and would do it again.

My reasoning was that either:

• I lose £100 and I won't care as I'm ecstatic or
  • I get the day paid for and it cost me nothing (financially at least).
Thankfully it was the former. One of the happiest days of my life that was.

Yes I do if I want to.

I've probably won more betting against Wolves than I have for them over the years. It's not that I want them to lose but it certainly softens the blow.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I buy the death threat claims to be honest.
Still not seen any mention of this death threat anywhere else other than @Kashmire Hawker 's post though.

What do you know we don't pal? Need to give more information, evidence, sources of claim etc really if you're putting out/repeating those kind of accusations.

Back
Top Bottom