Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Donavon Wilson

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has scored again for the under 23s tonight. He seems to have flown under the radar a bit this year with Ronan, Herc, Bright getting all the attention but he has scored a fair few and always looked good from the bits I've seen. I thought he may have been in demand for a loan move in January but nothing happened. Given our situation with strikers will he get a chance before the end of the season?

E

Essex Wolf

Has scored again for the under 23s tonight. He seems to have flown under the radar a bit this year with Ronan, Herc, Bright getting all the attention but he has scored a fair few and always looked good from the bits I've seen. I thought he may have been in demand for a loan move in January but nothing happened. Given our situation with strikers will he get a chance before the end of the season?
Not sure with how this season is going I'd really like to see yet another youngster thrown into the sinking ship.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bound to get a chance I would have thought, good to see him on the bench last night.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure with how this season is going I'd really like to see yet another youngster thrown into the sinking ship.

Fully appreciate your point but something has to give. I'd even be inclined to give Gladon a go just to try something different or Wieman up top. Looks like with him being on the bench last night Wilson is the next cab off the rank.

E

Essex Wolf

Fully appreciate your point but something has to give. I'd even be inclined to give Gladon a go just to try something different or Wieman up top. Looks like with him being on the bench last night Wilson is the next cab off the rank.
I agree re Gladon/Weimann as not sure they could offer worse or less but it would concern me if too many of the young ones were thrown in when the pressure was really on.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree re Gladon/Weimann as not sure they could offer worse or less but it would concern me if too many of the young ones were thrown in when the pressure was really on.

Yes I agree I think couldn't really have Ronan, Bright, MGW and Wilson on the pitch last night and run the risk of shattering youthful confidence by a few beatings. Maybe Weimann than as Lambo deffo looks like he won't play Gladon.

M

Mr Wolf

Not a lone striker, he won't be able to lead the line better than anyone else. We had Dicko upfront with Afobe last time this ****ing thing worked, Afobe was hardly a number 10 midfielder was he like it's been recently.

The system does not suit these players.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few cameos off the bench would do him no harm but that's about it for the moment as putting him in a team that is so down in the dumps would do him no good at all. But 15 minutes here or there would give him a taste. I think Weimann should be put up front where he prefers to play anyway. Ronan can fill in on the wing and Marshall if he ever gets fit to play. Plan C would be Edwards as a striker - he can hardly do worse than the current guys and leaves a space for Saiss to return.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few cameos off the bench would do him no harm but that's about it for the moment as putting him in a team that is so down in the dumps would do him no good at all. But 15 minutes here or there would give him a taste. I think Weimann should be put up front where he prefers to play anyway. Ronan can fill in on the wing and Marshall if he ever gets fit to play. Plan C would be Edwards as a striker - he can hardly do worse than the current guys and leaves a space for Saiss to return.

Would do him good to have a few cameos off the bench I think your spot on. Not sure about the Edwards as striker bit tho. :)

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all seriousness I too think it well worth giving Donovan Wilson an appearance from the bench. :)
As we wont be signing a new striker before the summer and we are in desperate need of one, then surely...??

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to see him given a go before the end of the season. How many has he got for U23s now? Not sure if he's the type of striker that can play up top on his own but the biggest plus for me is he's a player that should be full of confidence in front of goal, is mentally in the right place and not weighted down with failure and pressure like Dicko and Bod seem to be.

With a striker that split second that can decide if you take a chance or not is in the mind. Give him a go I say. He really can't do any worse

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to see him given a go before the end of the season. How many has he got for U23s now? Not sure if he's the type of striker that can play up top on his own but the biggest plus for me is he's a player that should be full of confidence in front of goal, is mentally in the right place and not weighted down with failure and pressure like Dicko and Bod seem to be.

With a striker that split second that can decide if you take a chance or not is in the mind. Give him a go I say. He really can't do any worse

He's played a fair bit wide for the 23s this year, I'm not really convinced by him. Expect him to be overtaken by Ennis if he ever stays fit because that lad has real potential.

As weird as it sounds and I know there's a thread going on this, mason is pretty much key to how we want to play, Dicko and bod have looked so much better with him

Gladon is not and never will be the answer, he is a terrible footballer

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just scored yet another goal for u23's! They lead 1-0 against Brighton.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're in trouble at the moment because they've got a lot of first team players out, especially their 2 CBs, paul robinsons legs have gone so would be interesting to see a fast young striker make him look crap!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another goal tonight already. His record for the U23s really is good, better than Bright's. The only striker at the club who is scoring. I'd like to see him more involved.

Ahem - dicko has scored 1 in 1

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scored in every single game of the last 1.

Can't doubt him . Get wilson alongside him

W

we8wba

9 goals in 11 starts for Donovan Wilson in the U23's now, I'd like to see him pair Dicko upfront.

Although I agree... bright has proved what big step up it is from u23s to first team

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although I agree... bright has proved what big step up it is from u23s to first team

Yet I'd much rather see Bright/Ronan starting games than Saville/Evans/Edwards/Weimann. Another who's done very well for the U23's is is Christian Herc, who we're yet to see given a chance.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
if we play two up front it should be with bod.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be worth a subs berth at least you would think. Exuberance of youth and impact may be better than stale old same old.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let the kid have a game. We are down anyway and we may as well give him a chance.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont think it matters who plays up front with the midfield we have they could make Messi look ****e as the song goes.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a no brainer. Give the lad a go. He cant do any worse than the current lot. He might even bang a couple in.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's full of confidence he should at least be given a go from the bench.

D

Deleted member 4124

Yet I'd much rather see Bright/Ronan starting games than Saville/Evans/Edwards/Weimann. Another who's done very well for the U23's is is Christian Herc, who we're yet to see given a chance.
Herc has just come back from injury

D

Deleted member TW5162

Jeff Shi was also at the U23's game tonight so he is still in town. And Prince has now scored 3 goals in 7 games while on loan.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
bod is the ideal foil for a goalscorer. many have already mentioned that previous to us signing him other fans had said that he will provide more than he scores.

Back
Top Bottom