Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Do you want Lage in charge against West Ham?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simple enough, you either do or you don't

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.

West Ham will be so up for this. With a bit of a break, night game etc. They'll fly out of the blocks and we'll crumble. And when we concede first under Lage it's pretty much game over.

If he's prepared to drop Moutinho and give us some energy and pace in our midfield play then yes, but he simply won't do that.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might be the head coach still but - in charge - has he really been in charge yet?

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I voted “No” because we’re still playing the same negative and results wise increasingly ineffective football we were playing before Lage took over.
However, it’s relatively easy to sack a manager but not so easy to bring in someone who will make the necessary improvements. My big fear is we’ve on paper got a decent side but are some of the Portuguese players just not suited to the frenetic pace of the Premier league. Similarly is the Mourinho, Nuno, Lage Portuguese playing style no longer effective in the Premier League? Both Mourinho and Nuno had successful years for sure but towards the end of their time in the Premier League they both struggled.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not without knowing the alternative….it’s like that take the money or open a closed box…silly game really.

why not run a poll …would you like Sam Allardyce in charge ?
You mean the one where there's been a meeting with the board but nothing's been announced, so he's both alive and dead at the same time?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Voted no. It feels harsh but the season is going to get away from us if we aren’t careful and things aren’t getting better.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's had plenty of time. I might be prepared to give him a bit more, but he blames everyone else but himself. He is probably a brilliant coach, but at the moment he's not a manager at this level

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, otherwise my phone is off and I'm shutting the curtains for a few weeks.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish him no ill will and I do feel for him. Its clear he's trying as hard as he can to succeed, but nothing is changing and I don't think it will with him in charge. He is out of his depth and we need a change ASAP before its too late.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope but when he is I'll still sing my heart out. Very much looking forward to the day out.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I'm honest I didn't want him in charge for the last West ham game after the **** poor palace team selection, performance and post match interview. I'd lost confidence that he had a clue what he was doing. We were about 7th then.

I've been hoping for him to prove me wrong but nothing has changed since then to show he is up to the job.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I'm honest I didn't want him in charge for the last West ham game after the **** poor palace team selection, performance and post match interview. I'd lost confidence that he had a clue what he was doing. We were about 7th then.

I've been hoping for him to prove me wrong but nothing has changed since then to show he is up to the job.

We played Palace after West Ham last season.

But it was that week it turned for me too.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ah what a grim experience that was. Hungover and getting peppered, didn't even bother meeting friends for a beer afterwards, just got the bus home.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Nearly 3 weeks since the window closed, not sure how many training sessions in that time, enough so we can see a different mindset/way of playing/difference in attempts at goal? Probably not, A defeat will see us in the bottom 3 with Chelsea afterwards, another probable blank and then forest. I wasn’t worried during the window, definitely thought we’d still be ok with the players we’ve bought, but if we lose the next 2 confidence will be shot completely if it isn’t already, I just don’t see a change in results coming, we are too easy to nullify, for me, the Portuguese way has had its day.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not without knowing the alternative….it’s like that take the money or open a closed box…silly game really.

why not run a poll …would you like Sam Allardyce in charge ?
Serious question, could anyone else doing much worse?! We dont score and are on terrible form

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
And can we stick to arguing the topic rather than go support x,y and z because I disagree.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Costa is ready along with Raul and Adama, then I’m reluctantly on board with Bruno vs West Ham.
Plus he and the squad have a bit of time to train more.

He and the squad will be focused on winning.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say this needs a not fussed either way option. That’s where I am currently, although leaning towards no, but with no alternative ready, not sure it’s the right thing atm.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I think it's especially poor on the new signings if the manager is fired after a handful of games. They will of course know that sometimes happens football but it's not ideal in my book.
Surely no one can deny how unfortunate we have been to have our highest value strikers struck with long term injuries in Raul and Sasa. If anyone is to blame it's Fosun for not supporting Bruno soon enough and going for the cash back option on Silva without a recall option - naive really with such a small squad. Now it seems he is to carry the can before getting fired if Costa does not turn us round.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If Costa is ready along with Raul and Adama, then I’m reluctantly on board with Bruno vs West Ham.
Plus he and the squad have a bit of time to train more.

He and the squad will be focused on winning.
Be lucky if one of those starts.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say this needs a not fussed either way option. That’s where I am currently, although leaning towards no, but with no alternative ready, not sure it’s the right thing atm.
Think you do that and you end up with a lot taking the middle ground (like the last poll where we had four options), Lage has 'x' amount of games etc. Throw in a "not fussed either way" and people will vote for that because of the final part of your post where you're looking at who the alternative is before committing. So you'd sit on the fence until you knew who was coming in

I'd say if you're not sure it's right to sack him then you vote to have him in charge, if it's just a concern about who the alternative might be, you vote out. If you're still not sure, can always abstain ;)

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you do that and you end up with a lot taking the middle ground (like the last poll where we had four options), Lage has 'x' amount of games etc. Throw in a "not fussed either way" and people will vote for that because of the final part of your post where you're looking at who the alternative is before committing. So you'd sit on the fence until you knew who was coming in

I'd say if you're not sure it's right to sack him then you vote to have him in charge, if it's just a concern about who the alternative might be, you vote out. If you're still not sure, can always abstain ;)
I completely get that, and I suppose for me it is more of the who is available to come in rather than is it the right thing to do right now. Those two questions are linked though and that’s the issue for me.
If I was pushed, I’d say I’d be happier to see someone new come in and try to get these international stars playing to their potential, in their best positions, with some clear direction that isn’t simply possession is king.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I think it's especially poor on the new signings if the manager is fired after a handful of games. They will of course know that sometimes happens football but it's not ideal in my book.
Surely no one can deny how unfortunate we have been to have our highest value strikers struck with long term injuries in Raul and Sasa. If anyone is to blame it's Fosun for not supporting Bruno soon enough and going for the cash back option on Silva without a recall option - naive really with such a small squad. Now it seems he is to carry the can before getting fired if Costa does not turn us round.
It’s not a handful of games though is it as he was awful last season too.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, he should have been sacked in May it was quite apparent then he was struggling.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not a handful of games though is it as he was awful last season too.
What I mean is it's a handful of games since they signed to play for him and his philosophy which I presume they discussed. It's also only this season we have changed formation and got a good number of players picked by him, some with historical connections.

Back
Top Bottom