Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Do you want Lage in charge against West Ham?

D

Deleted member (smith)

If you'd prefer an alternative then you don't want Lage in charge

perhaps I didnt express myself clearly…I said I would like to know the alternative before I could answer….did you want mick out after the 1-5 to WBA? Would you have been so keen if you had known the alternative was Terry Connor ( and we wouldn’t win another game that seas

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
perhaps I didnt express myself clearly…I said I would like to know the alternative before I could answer….did you want mick out after the 1-5 to WBA? Would you have been so keen if you had known the alternative was Terry Connor ( and we wouldn’t win another game that seas
Agreed

Last thing we need is sacking Bruno and appointing Walter zenga

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wanted McCarthy out after the Blackburn game! This isn't the penny pinching era of Morgan and Moxey though and you would have to assume that Fosun would bring in someone reputable, not stick Tony Roberts in charge because there's no one else

DJLWolf

Reaction score
I would get rid for the following reasons.

The fact we don't have a typical number 9 is being held as the sole reason we don't score goals.

It is a contributing factor of course, however the main reason we don't score is because we generally don't create chances, we are soft as #### and we are incredibly easy to play against.Every team in the league must be licking their lips at the thought of playing us, the reason being, we don't win football matches.

All of the above is down to Lage.

Any fans who think this bloke won't get us relegated are living on cloud cuckoo land.

He needs to go whilst we still can sort this out.

Get it done Jeff.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted yes purely as it is a given that he will be
I think they will give him October before pulling the trigger if we havent scraped a few points
That doesnt mean i think we should keep him on just that its not going to happen

Monswolf

Reaction score
One of the main reason i voted yes is simply and thats with the squad we already had and the amount spent in the transfer window we should not be in a position where we are already looking over our shoulders and and should be seriously worried about the R word. \There can be no excuses, playing a what 5 foot 2inch creative player as our main forward when we paid 20 odd mil for a player who has played as a central striker is baffling, playing inverted wingers where it plainly does not suit either of the players is another baffling decision and then finally and I love the fella but continuing with a 35+ year old Moutinho every match when we need legs to start with is another nail in the cofin

Talking of Moutinho if this continues as it is instead of remembering one of the finest midfielders to grace our team he will be derided because as would be expected his legs are going and that is an utter disgrace

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted yes purely as it is a given that he will be
I think they will give him October before pulling the trigger if we havent scraped a few points
That doesnt mean i think we should keep him on just that its not going to happen
The question is what do you want to happen, not what you think will happen

We obviously have no say on the matter and I'm inclined to agree with you, I think he'll be in the dugout against West Ham, don't bloody want him there though!

Vinny1971

Reaction score
Give him next 2 games at least with costa in the team. He has tried to sort out striker and he got crocked, he has done the same with costa so only fair in my eyes hes given that chance.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate all this hegorragew stuff.
We ain't great at the minute I agree. BUT, Before Man City we were undefeated in 4 including cup game werent we. Before City game we had best defensive record in Premier League. Yep, we can't score goals but I'd like to see how Costa thing pans out before going down the sack the manager thing.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Which Bruno Lage do you judge?
  1. The one that between September and March with a thin but relatively fit and healthy squad won 46 Premier League points at 2.42 ppg
  2. Or the one between April and September with an injury hit and revamped squad that has struggled to 11 points from 15 games at 0.73 ppg

Of course most of us are concentrating on Bruno 2 but dont forget Bruno 1 is the same bloke without his hands tied. He deserves more time in my view but if we fail to get at least 12 points from the pre WC games then it will be time for a change. Bruno 1 and this squad are more than capable of achieving that.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  1. The one that between September and March with a thin but relatively fit and healthy squad won 46 Premier League points at 2.42 ppg
  2. Or the one between April and September with an injury hit and revamped squad that has struggled to 11 points from 15 games at 0.73 ppg

Of course most of us are concentrating on Bruno 2 but dont forget Bruno 1 is the same bloke without his hands tied. He deserves more time in my view but if we fail to get at least 12 points from the pre WC games then it will be time for a change. Bruno 1 and this squad are more than capable of achieving that.
2.42ppg? You sure about that?

We hit 46pts on game 29, so even taking the first three games out of it it's 1.77ppg. He'd have had to get those 46pts in 19 games to hit your figure

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wanted McCarthy out after the Blackburn game! This isn't the penny pinching era of Morgan and Moxey though and you would have to assume that Fosun would bring in someone reputable, not stick Tony Roberts in charge because there's no one else
We also all assumed that a forward would come in when we let Fabio go out on loan or another centre back was coming in after we let Saiss, Coady and Boly leave.

I don't want Bruno in charge but I want him more than I want Tony Roberts in charge for the day.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The football was dire in Bruno 1.0 tbf, but was it pragmatic approach to just pick up points? Was it him reverting back to Nunoball 343, and we can no longer do that?
I'm honestly not sure either way, but I know football fans (not just us) have incredibly short memories and short termist approach ( understandable with how expensive football is and it's our main love and hobby!) but where does it get you?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We also all assumed that a forward would come in when we let Fabio go out on loan or another centre back was coming in after we let Saiss, Coady and Boly leave.

I don't want Bruno in charge but I want him more than I want Tony Roberts in charge for the day.
To be fair though, while we took our sweet time about it, the players that have come in are of a very good standard

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Our PPG under Bruno Lage in this period obviously wasn't 2,42.

I just checked and it was 1,70.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair though, while we took our sweet time about it, the players that have come in are of a very good standard
Agreed. But I'm not convinced either striker was first choice for us.

I'd like to think we have somebody lined up already as we can't carry on giving him more time to turn things around despite nothing in his career showing he is capable of it.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our PPG under Bruno Lage in this period obviously wasn't 2,42.

I just checked and it was 1,70.
Still a bloody good PPG!!!
Total points available are 114 so over a season that would be 65 or thereabouts?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. But I'm not convinced either striker was first choice for us.

I'd like to think we have somebody lined up already as we can't carry on giving him more time to turn things around despite nothing in his career showing he is capable of it.
I'm hopeful it's the same thing, that we're making sure the right quality is available

Reactions: Ned

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still a bloody good PPG!!!
Total points available are 114 so over a season that would be 65 or thereabouts?
Absolutely, very very good!

However these numbers are from a random period chosen to fit an agenda.

If I do the same from the "Bruno Lage OUT" perspective I'll let you know we have taken 20 points from our last 23 games under this managar, a ppg of 0,86 - a form which spells relegation. You could also argue these numbers are more valid as they are based on recent form.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Apart from the slight calculation error, Bruno 1 also included games vs Norwich, Palace, Brentford, Southampton, Villa (75 minutes), Brighton where we were terrible even if we got points from some of them. The difference between the two periods is that in Bruno 1 the keeper and defence were outperforming expectations, in Bruno 2 they were performing to expectations.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Bugger, yes 1.7 ppg over that period is correct, thought it looked a bit high. (good job my job doesn't require me to have a decent working knowledge of number and statistics ...it does!)

And I agree some of the winning performances were difficult to watch but that was the case the previous season too.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When we had bad runs under Nuno he always talked about finding solutions. And at times he did

I don't think Bruno has this sort of mindset. He strikes me as the type who already believes he has the answers, despite performances and results

I'm surprised he's still here tbh. When he was appointed I thought he'd take us down last season

He's not the man for the long term. I just can't see him changing his methods enough to turn this around.

The sooner he's gone the better

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. I didn't want him after Nuno, and wouldn't want another mediocre Portuguese lad if he goes, but he signed the new players and has us playing in our new shape. Okay, it's been god awful so far in terms of attacking quality, but you surely don't let a man make the changes he's made and then sack him after a poor run (the losing run this season - last season it wasn't his prefered squad). Short-termism like this doesn't work for me: unless you're at the sharp end of the season and up against it then the new manager bounce isn't something you need - what we need is a plan. I wouldn't hold off forever, but for now he should stay.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the slight calculation error, Bruno 1 also included games vs Norwich, Palace, Brentford, Southampton, Villa (75 minutes), Brighton where we were terrible even if we got points from some of them. The difference between the two periods is that in Bruno 1 the keeper and defence were outperforming expectations, in Bruno 2 they were performing to expectations.

The other aspect is that it's an everchanging situation and some processes are one way. As someone once said :" You can't un-toast toast". Basically, once players have lost belief in a manager, it doesn't come back. Once toasted, you can't get the bread back, you need a new slice of fresh bread, else you will always be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. :eek: Bruno is toast. The situation of a year ago isn't coming back any more than my long lost youth.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other aspect is that it's an everchanging situation and some processes are one way. As someone once said :" You can't un-toast toast". Basically, once players have lost belief in a manager, it doesn't come back. Once toasted, you can't get the bread back, you need a new slice of fresh bread, else you will always be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. :eek: Bruno is toast. The situation of a year ago isn't coming back any more than my long lost youth.
I laugh at the metaphor but you're not wrong!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we had bad runs under Nuno he always talked about finding solutions. And at times he did

I don't think Bruno has this sort of mindset. He strikes me as the type who already believes he has the answers, despite performances and results
Yes, crucial match coming up against West Ham, you'd like to believe Bruno is working 24/7 plotting our route to victory, that he has the players fired up and the whole team is 100% united in understanding the gravity of the task ahead. The opponents are analysed, everybody knows what they are doing and can do it. But it isn't going to happen, is it? It will be the same half-soaked match approach we've seen since January, no hint of tactical masterstrokes, some pointless possession, opponents given time and space, some late and quite baffling subsitutions . If we somehow scrape a draw, it will be players personnel pride that does it. It will be despite Bruno, not because of him.

And then the excuses. Oh my, the excuses...more predictable than night follows day.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
If I were to be facetious, would argue that toast is still bread...bread that has just been toasted. And ten rounds of toast still constitutes half a loaf of bread. Bread was also that lame Carla Lane sitcom from the always hilarious streets of L'pool. Sorry. It's been a long w/end.
spending time with a couple who are er....few sandwiches short of a picnic :rolleyes:

Think if the performance is poor on Saturday, the Fosun axe may fall.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key is to supply guedes with chances.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
IMO, I think he is to set in his ways and to stubborn to change, we have lost some real class players from the defence to quick, and the players who left can't all be wrong can they, his attitude and coaching was probably ok in Portugal but not here, he has been a good assistant manager elsewhere but not as the boss,

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I were to be facetious, would argue that toast is still bread...bread that has just been toasted. And ten rounds of toast still constitutes half a loaf of bread. Bread was also that lame Carla Lane sitcom from the always hilarious streets of L'pool. Sorry. It's been a long w/end.
spending time with a couple who are er....few sandwiches short of a picnic :rolleyes:

Think if the performance is poor on Saturday, the Fosun axe may fall.

A calm, tranquil 0-0 draw at West Ham will soothe the situation. The state of the world these days, perhaps it's a positive that watching Wolves is so soporific? Though shouting at them every time they ignore an opportunity to get into space and get forward probably doesn't help, as it's about once every 4 minutes.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Call me needy, but 3 hours on the M6/1and an hour on the Jubilee to watch us grind out a 0-0 in a soulless bowl might not be the most calming experience. I've lost faith in Lage, but if we don't at least have a good go and get something from the game, including troubling the scoresheet, with the prospect of 7 days to wait before doing it all again at Chelsea, I think that might break me!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it will certainly be a losing coach gets sacked game.

Last edited:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, crucial match coming up against West Ham, you'd like to believe Bruno is working 24/7 plotting our route to victory, that he has the players fired up and the whole team is 100% united in understanding the gravity of the task ahead. The opponents are analysed, everybody knows what they are doing and can do it. But it isn't going to happen, is it? It will be the same half-soaked match approach we've seen since January, no hint of tactical masterstrokes, some pointless possession, opponents given time and space, some late and quite baffling subsitutions . If we somehow scrape a draw, it will be players personnel pride that does it. It will be despite Bruno, not because of him.

And then the excuses. Oh my, the excuses...more predictable than night follows day.
I doubt he’ll have much time with the international players and we are routinely poor first game back after the international break. I can see us putting a lot of effort into the first 20 mins or so before running out of ideas and energy.

Back
Top Bottom